Not Updated For Current Season
Olaf The Berserker, another build from WaVe.
Olaf is a uniqe, melee dps champion. Who scales up in damage by building more hit points. So you'll se alot of different builds on him.
I use standard melee dps runes. Armor Penetration Marks, Dogde Seals, Magic Resist Glyph and Health Quintessences. I recommend these for any melee dps champions, you play, with very few exeptions.
My masteries are a bit different. I go 12/17/1. Taking improved Cleanse, improved Ghost, the health bonus in defense and the Armor Penetration bonus in offense.
1. First comes Undertow, where olaf throws one of his axes, damaging and slowing any enemy, it passes through. The axe becomes fastened in the ground, allowing him to pick it up, and refresh most of the cooldown.
2. Second is Vicious Strikes, which Olaf activates for Lifesteal, Spell Vamp and bonus damage based on his maximum health.
3. Reckless Swing is Olafs third ability. Dealing a set amount of damage which completely by passes Armor and Magic Resistience, but hurt him aswell.
4. His ultimate is Ragnarok, significantly reduces the amount of damage he takes, preventing all stuns, slow and knock up effects and giving Olaf a bunch of Armor Penetration.
5. His passive is Berserker Rage, giving Olaf bonus Attackspeed, as he gets lower in life.
Olaf has the potential, to pickup champion kills very early in the game. By using Undertow, picking up the axe and throw it again and again Olaf has great chasing potential. However in most cases Olaf is not an early game champion killer. The slow on Undertow is very low for its cooldown, and because he is so powerfull later on, your best bet is to focus on minion kills. Good timing and 57 based damage should be enough to get atleast half of the minions in your lane, combined with a friendly Janna, for even better results. Lets talk about agression, you always wanna kill of the easiest champions first, for Gold and Experience, but, killing a low hp champion, and dieing for it, is significantly worse than just farming minions. You should always think twice before you take action, when turrets are involved. Most carries should try to farm minions nonstop, for the first 15-20 min, because you typicaly never get a chance again. Notice my build, Phage and Frozen mallet is by far the best items, you can get as Olaf. As soon as you have enough money you MUST buy Frozen Mallet.
Sometimes you just have to hit the Tank, thankfully you have Reckless Swing. While your critical strikes might be low against targets with over 200 Armor, the pure damage of Reckless Swing means that the Tank will get pwned when its time for him to die. The third super important item after Frozen mallet and Mercury's Treads is Stark's Favor. Armor reduction is great on Olaf, because the perfect mix with Runes, masteries and ultimate, making Olaf the best at killing low armor tagerts.
Olaf is most dangerous while low on life. buy Youmuu's Ghostblade after Stark's Favor. Olaf's ability to chase and stick to single targets with Frozen mallet, Ragnarok and Youmuu's Ghostblade active is ridiculous.