Kog'Maw Build Guide by Voidlord1
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Kog'Maw Attack Speed and Crit
What the Full Build Should Look Like
Not Updated For Current Season
Threats to Kog'Maw with this build
Hello, this is Davidlegomaster, and I welcome you to my first build. As you can tell, this is a build for Kog'Maw based around Attack Speed and Crit Chance. The items and masteries I have accumulated for this build are all focused on increasing your damage, attack speed, and crit, allowing you to pump out the most damage possible as a literal walking machine gun. This guide is relatively short, but I hope it helps you out!
1. Make sure to farm as much as possible and to time your last hits well.
2. If you can, try to scare the opposing adc away from your minions, as it will delay their farm. However, usually your support will do that for you.
3. When you are farming, make sure to stand behind your support an minions, as you are squishy, especially early game. It is also important that you don't get tot aggressive early game, as you may regret it.
4. Make sure to let your support deal some damage to some minions before going in for the last hit.
5. Even when some enemy minions are low, don't stray too far from your support because the opposing adc and support could pump out some serious damage.
Tips and Tricks
1. Don't get too aggressive early game
2. Make sure you ward the bush by the river near your lane as it will be harder for the enemy junglier to gank you
3. When you die, your passive will kick in, giving you a few seconds before you explode and deals AOE damage. Keep this in mind because it can turn team fights around if you die.
4. Make sure you have vision near your lane! You are pretty slow and have no escape abilities, so if your flash is on cool down, you can easily be taken out by a gank.
Kog'Maw works well with any support that can stun, pull in, or isolate the enemy adc, because it allows you to take full advantage of your attack speed. These supports include: Braum, Blitzcrank,Morgana, Soraka, Lux, and Thresh.
Damage and Attack Stats of the Full Build
Damage and Attack Stats of Full Default Full Build:
Ability Power: 96
Attack Speed: 2.28
Attack Speed with W Activated: 4.56
Critical Chance: 80%
Damage and Attack Stats of Full Build with Rapid Fire Cannon instead of Nashor's Tooth:
Ability Power: 16
Attack Speed: 2.15
Attack Speed with W Activated: 4.31
Critical Chance: 100%