Kog'Maw Build Guide by unome2well
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Keeping It Simple
Kog'Maw is a great DPS that can almost match against all other bursts if played right. This build will be short and briefly detailed as possible. The main point of playing Kog'Maw is to out damage and slay all the other damage dealers as fast as possible. How do you do that?
- 30 Attack Damage
- 40% Attack Speed
- 4% of Max Health each hit
This item is insanely good with your . With just this item, you will deal so much damage with your normal attacks it will be easy to out-lane others.
- It gives so many stats I will not list it out again.
- Unique 150% damage passive upon using a skill.
- Works well with your ultimate.
- Also upon activating your , you shred armor and deal some magic damage. A nice way to set your next attack.
- Your last attack speed item which grants more Armor Shredding, Attack Damage, and a chunk of Attack Speed.
- Best synergy with your & along with your & .
- This item grants a one spell blockade and heavy Health, Mana, and Magic Resistance.
- This item will come with great synergy with your last item .
- Mainly, this item is for your survival.
- However, this item is optional and can be replaced with other items such as or . Also this item is situational and does not have to be rushed if you are not taking serious Crowd Control or Damage, but because it offers a great deal of Health, it is highly recommended.
- Your final item here is what wraps up all your damage output.
- Offering slight defense with a chunk of armor (+45), it has a unique passive that grants attack damage by 2% of your maximum health. Also gives Critical Chance (+18%).
- This is your Passive.
- There are some Pros and Cons about this Passive but it doesn't work well with any strategy because it involves dying in which no champion intends to do.
- If you happen to die, you can somewhat burst the enemy if they are low.
- DO NOT PLAN ON DYING.
- DO NOT DEPEND ON THIS PASSIVE TO GET ALL YOUR KILLS.
Passive: Increases Attack Speed by 10/15/20/25/30%.
Active: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.7) magic damage and reduces the target's Armor and Magic Resist by 5/10/15/20/25 for 4 seconds.
Cost: 60/60/60/60/60 Mana
- This is your Q skill and it mostly is used for shredding Armor and Magic Resist.
- It deals a chunk of magic damage which is a good start when fighting.
- Also, its passive grants attack speed upon the level of rank.
Kog'Maw's attacks gain 130/160/190/220/250 range and deal additional magic damage equal to 2/3/4/5/6% (+0.01)% of the target's maximum Health (Max: 100 Damage vs Monsters).
Cost: 50/50/50/50/50 Mana
- This is your W skill and is used all the time when you engage in a fighting position.
- Because the Ability Power Ratio is too low on this skill, going all out with Magic Power is slightly at a lower scale compared to DPS Kog'Maw.
- This skill works best with and the synergy (total damage output per attack) is almost unbeatable.
Kog'Maw launches ooze which deals 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.7) magic damage to enemies it passes through.
Additionally, it leaves a trail which slows enemies by 28/36/44/52/60% for 4 seconds.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 Mana
- This is your E skill and is mostly used for slowing down enemies during a fight.
- This skill is very powerful when having Magical Damage, but this build is prior to all out Attack Speed and Damage. Therefore it should be maxed last.
Kog'Maw fires artillery from a great distance. After a short delay, the artillery falls dealing 80/120/160 (+) (+0.3) magic damage and reveals targets for 4 seconds (deals 150% bonus damage to Champions).
Each subsequent Living Artillery in the next 6 seconds costs 40/40/40 additional mana (Max 200).
Cost: 40/40/40 Mana
- This is your R (ultimate), and is used for harassing and finishing off enemies that are at a far distance.
- This skill is your most mana-draining skill and should be spammed to put out the most damage as you can. However, conserving your mana is important so you should try to avoid using it multiple times and try to use it after the time period of extra mana-usage.
21-0-9 is the way to go for Kog'Maw. However, interests may vary among players.
- Mainly used to pierce through your enemies.
& & &
- Essential Damage factor + great early game boost.
Greater Mark of Desolation
- 15 Armor Penetration.
- 10.53 Mana Per 5 at Level 18.
- 24 Magic Resistance at Level 18.
- 10% Attack Speed.
- Do not die.
- Farm up & become a last hit pro.
- Buy items as fast as possible.
- Pick off enemy teammates as fast as possible.
- Focus carries and squishies.
- Be at all team fights.