Here are some pointers which indicate you understand the game:
- You play consistently.
- You know how to play while behind.
- You know how to itemize and play to your strengths.
- Have foresight and hindsight.
- You will get kills over your opponents.
- You will get the tower faster than your opponent.
- You will get baron/dragon over your opponent, and earlier than your opponent.
- You will push your advantage and play to your strengths, you know how to snowball it.
- You know how to deny your opponent, you will out level them, and out farm them.
Here are some pointers which indicate you do not understand the game - if your team is winning:
- You don't ward in their jungle, regardless of your role.
- You don't buy sweepers, they are essential to denying vision which will allow you to move freely around the map and catch them off guard.
- You don't Push the creep waves to tower.
- Keep farming your own jungle, farm their jungle if you're winning - then that way you will deny them.
- AFK farm top, don't be a silly Nasus.
- You don't pressure a lane by pushing. Champions like Singed and Tryndamere have the ability to stall for their team to come back .
- You aren't warding your own jungle.
- You aren't preparing for dragon and baron.
- You make too many mistakes and die.
- You die way too much and do not know how to close a game.
- You aren't catching enemies out of position.
- You aren't' try to get open towers when enemies are grouping.
- You are too afraid to make plays or fights because enemies are too far ahead.
What can you do to achieve the D?
- Consistently achieve 70 CS or higher at 10 minutes.
- Make less mistakes.
- Have a main champion, usually 3-5 KDA with a %50+ win rate.
- Know how to judge a team comp, and ask yourself if a team fight is needed
- Focus on yourself, don't go around blaming people. (Mental Fortitude)
- If you have an advantage, you need to snowball it.
- Understand different champions, strength, weaknesses, and what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do.
- When you see a champion, ask yourself if they have summoners, can you guys win a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 1v2, 2v3, and so on.
- Learn how to jungle so you can predict jungle movements and reasons you may get ganked.
- Note that you will not be always winning 1v1 lanes all the time, this will be true as you go up in ranks. Learn how to play from behind.
- Learn how to manipulate the creep waves.
- Build a proficient support as well as learn warding spots, a good support can get a free ticket to Platinum, to Diamond and so on.
- Learn animation canceling, or tricks with the champions.
- Build foresight and hindsight, as well as your mechanics when it comes to fights.
- Learn the CD of the champion you are laning against, this will build windows of opportunities.
- Mental fortitude comes into play, have the confidence to do a play. You will learn from your mistakes - even if you lose ELO you will gain more in the long run.
- Learn to analyze the situations you are in, calculate the build up of creep waves, as well as what you can do in a match up.
- Learn how to carry and punish enemy mistakes, as well as exploit them such as vision and killing the enemy jungle(r).
If you have been playing consistent and can tell you've been playing well - maybe you're MMR is really bad right now and you keep losing more than you gain even with a positive win rate. You just have to be patient, if you have the ability to become a diamond player you will become one. But even for diamond players, we will still need luck. Maybe on his main account it will take 300 games, and on his smurf 200. Maybe the next season it's 200, and the next 400. Could be bad MMR, or lose streaks - even trolls. This all comes down to mental fortitude. Be encouraged that there are diamond players with over 3000 ranked games and made it to diamond.
Breakdown of Each League
Nobody really knows how to CS in this league, probably 40 CS will be the average for this league at 10 minutes.
Bronze players mostly consist of new players, AI bots and people who just love to kill - they probably have better focus than Gold players.
How to get out of this league?
Just push a lane, push and push. No one knows what a mini map is, and also everyone thinks this game is call of duty, just win lane and kill the person over and over. Make sure you are playing a DPS champion, have good escape, and ward. Be a leader and direct your team when you're ahead. Back off when there are too much players coming for your booty.
CSing is a little better in this league but still very minimal. About 60 CS at 10 minutes, and it stops at about 100. This means CSing regardless of how you're doing in lane. A lot of players do stupid things just for a kill, and say "worth." A lot of players in this elo have no mental fortitude, both sides are bad. It's just an illusion that your team is bad.
How to get out of this league?
Do the same thing as bronze, but also build better mental fortitude. The whole division is an illusion.
TO BE CONTINUED