Lee Sin Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
~!Read Everything before Trying or posting!~
I've played with lee ever since he came out.
Unfortunately Riot classifies him as an assassin although he isn't.
I'll get on that later.
He is a very difficult champion and you must spent hours of play to make him effective.
The build I show here is just a guideline feel free to change it according to your play style.
So I've been trying to find a build that works on him and for him to be fully effective He has to sustain some damage.
Masteries, Spells and Runes
For the Mastery Trees I choose a balance between attack and defense. It is important that you get the cool-down reduction mastery.
For the summoner spells I choose Exhaustand Flash, This can be altered but I find them most effective in this guide.
Revive - because you should not be dying,
Clarity - because you know why,
Fortify - leave it to the tanks and
Rally - Uhm... Just no...
You might want to try different spells according to your play-style.
Choose Smite of course only if your jungling but this guide isn't for jungling.
For the Runes I once again chose a balance between attack and defense.
Playing Lee Sin, The Blind Monk
His Passive is Flurry granting 50% increased attack speed and 10 energy restore for each of the two normal attacks after using an ability.
- For him to be able to do just that so you don't run out of energy too soon he needs survivability. Warmog's armor does just that get it early in the game to be able to grow it throughout the game.
- Mercury threads provide a little resistance against CC.
- OK stark's frevors makes him kinda of support but you can change that for a wringles lantern or a bloodthirstier if you have skill in not dying.
- Getting Phantom Dancer will boost his MS and AS so you'll wait less between abilities and be able to chase a bit better.
- Frozen mallet provides even more health and a slow effect which means more survivability and better chase skill
The last Item is up to you
- More Attack go for Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver
- More Armor go for Thornmail
- More Magic Resist go for Force of Nature
- More Defense in general go for Guardian Angel
The last Item really depends on the enemy team although games doesn't reach that far.
Tips and Tricks
Lee Sin is a great harasser early game. Below you will find skill sequence to effectively harass the enemy.
By Level 3 you should have 1 point in every ability.
- When you are close to their tower and with your creeps nearby you can Sonic Wave/ Resonating Strike an enemy and the dash quickly backwards to a ranged creep or a team mate with Safeguard taking little or no damage thanks to the Safeguard's Shield. Just make sure to check the range first.
- By level six you can dash behind an enemy close to your tower on your creeps with Safeguard then Sonic Wave him then use Dragon's Rage to push him behind your tower then Resonating Strike him to finish him off. If needed cast exhaust or Tempest/Cripple.
- The above can be done in a team fight in their carry Sonic Wave - Dragon's Rage (to isolate him to your safety) - Resonating Strike
- Taking the summoner spell flash will allow you to position yourself better to use Dragon's Rage. Dragon's Rage can be used both to isolate someone or be used to escape... Try to kick back an enemy chasing you over to his group then use flash over a wall to escape.
- When a melee champ is chasing you can use Tempest/Cripple to slow him down, else for ranged use safeguard on self especially for DoT effects or jump on minions or teemo's mushrooms or other hidden objects. It's also a good idea to make wringles lantern for free wards instead of Stark's Frevor.
This guide will be updated so make sure to check back from time to time...
Any suggestions from comments are welcomed and will be tested for better effectiveness.