Leona Build Guide by nick wedge
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Too many people have the wrong idea of Leona. There are countless guides of "AP" Leona or people using her as an off-tank. However, her Attributes read "Tank, Melee" and I believe this is the role she shines in. Here is my guide for Leona, I hope you enjoy!
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration x 9 - Nice damage boost early game. Great for first blood.
Greater Seal of Armor x 9 - Nice armor to stack with your Eclipse.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist x 6 - Magic resist for mostly mid/end game.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist x 3 - Magic resist for mostly early game.
Greater Quintessence of Health x 3 - Standard tank quints, all tanks love health!
Choosing Exhaust and Ghost ensures that no enemy can ever escape. Either of these spells can help you land a Solar Flare or Zenith Blade.
OTHER VIABLE OPTIONS:
- Flash is OP.
- Helps early game for the first blood or late game giving you even MORE utility in team fights.
Leona's damaging spells affect the target with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When allied champions deal damage to those targets they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal additional magic damage. Bonus damage is 20/35/50/65/80/95/110/125/140 (upgrades every 2 levels).
This is such a great passive if your lane partner is always paying attention. Makes for very effective harass and helps in team fights.
Q: Shield of Daybreak
Leona's next autoattack deals an additional 40/70/100/130/160 (+30% of ability power) magic damage and stuns the target for 1.25 seconds.
Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Cost 45/50/55/60/65 mana
Stop fleeing enemies, stop annoying ultimates, lock down a target for a kill, and all with around a 5 second cool down end game.
Leona raises her shield to gain 30/40/50/60/70 bonus Armor and Magic Resistance for 3 seconds. When the effect ends she deals 60/110/160/210/260 (+40% of ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies and prolongs the effect for a bonus 3 seconds if any enemies are struck.
Cooldown 14 seconds
Cost 60 mana
This ability gives great survivability while doing decent damage as well as fitting into the E, W, Q harass combo.
E: Zenith Blade
Leona projects a solar image of her sword which deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% of ability power) magic damage to all enemies in a line. When the image fades the last enemy champion struck will be briefly immobilized and Leona will dash to them.
Cooldown 13/12/11/10/9 seconds
Cost 60/65/70/75/80 mana
This is such a fun and useful ability throughout the entire game. Zenith Blade to the enemy, stun them, and let your Eclipse explode and walk away unharmed. Pull yourselves through walls for the killing blow. Get some last hits. Anything goes with Zenith Blade.
R: Solar Flare
After a brief delay Leona calls down a beam of solar energy to deal 150/250/350 (+80% of ability power) magic damage and slow enemies by 80% for 1.5 seconds. Enemies in the center of the effect are stunned instead of slowed.
Cooldown 105/90/75 seconds
Cost 100/150/200 mana
This ability easily turns the tides of team fights with it's AOE stun or slow or lands the killing blow on an escaping champion with its huge range.
Shield of Daybreak > Zenith Blade > Eclipse > Eclipse > Eclipse > Solar Flare > Eclipse > Shield of Daybreak > Eclipse > Shield of Daybreak > Solar Flare > Shield of Daybreak > Shield of Daybreak > Zenith Blade > Zenith Blade > Solar Flare > Zenith Blade > Zenith Blade
-Starting with your Shield of Daybreak first allows you to get in a stun on the enemy champ so your lane partner can get in some damage.
- Getting your Zenith Blade second allows for an even quick stun. Charge your Q in the bush and use E to pull yourself too them for the stun. Just make sure your partner is ready to make a move.
- Maxing Eclipse is the next move to make, and I do this simply for damage, you already have your stun, you have your initiate, so now all you need is more damage to aid your teammates in taking down the enemies.
- Getting Solar Flare whenever possible, this is your most important move, when used properly it deals some decent damage, but more importantly it stuns and/or slows the enemy depending on where it hits.
- Next up is maxing your Shield of Daybreak. I do this because although its not the most damage, reducing the cooldown your stun is essential, with cooldown reduction items you can get it down quite low, so you will always have a stun ready.
- Finally max your Zenith Blade use this ability generally only for initiations or chasing an enemy, so for me maxing it early is not essential.
Core Build: Shurelya's Reverie
VS. AD Heavy Team:
VS. AP Heavy Team:
Average Final Build (VS. Balanced Team): Shurelya's Reverie Mercury Treads
The last item is entirely up to you and up to the situation. Some suggestions are for a damage boost and helpful stats or for more magic resist and armor grab a Guardian's Angel
I hope everyone finds this guide helpful. I will be adding more to it as I learn and gather more information. Please rate and comment and help me improve the guide. Thanks for reading and remember "Ever vigilant!"