Lucian Build Guide by ReconLeader
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I made this build after playing multiple games with Lucian and choosing the items that I found were most useful from each one. With this build I have gotten games with scores of 9/0/5 (20 min game) or even my best score so far: 20/4/6 (against a team of Teemo, Caitlyn, Garen, Jarvan, and Leblanc!). This guide will give you some tips on how to play early game, and some people to lane with that make this champ so much better!
Lucian is an amazing ADC (Attack Damage Carry) with high burst damage and decent overall attacks. He revolves around hitting his abilities and getting the most out of his passive.
Pros / Cons
- Lucian has good damage early game against enemy Champions.
- Has a built in escape/chase mechanic.
- Has a slightly familiar feel to other ADC's making it easier to get used to him.
- High mobility (and even more from his W).
- Extremely fun Ultimate!
- Slightly squishy early game (until level 5)
- Mana hungry (again until level 5)
- Hard to avoid ganks if your E is on cooldown!
Champions that work very well with Lucian are:
- Leona (High CC and a good tank make Leona top pick for a lane partner)
- Nautilus (Again, High CC and a good tank, causing him to be very useful)
- Honestly, anything with CC can be a good choice, but the above two are your best options...
Early Game Strategy
As with most ADC's Lucian's early game will revolve entirely around getting CS and trying to keep his opponent out of lane. Do this by using your ability's and then getting the most out of your passive (think of Quinn's harrier passive, but after every ability use). Make sure that your support is warding river and the bushes to ensure safe and easy farming. If you manage to dominate your lane, ask to see if your team needs help. Lucian can roam very well and be back in his lane before the enemy know what is happening.
How to: Lucian's Ult
When using Lucian's Ult, you have to remember six important things:
- Once you choose where it's pointed it stays there until it is over.
- You can move during the Ult, and use his E (picture a narrow version of Miss Fortune's Ult that allows you to move!)
- The more Attack Speed you have, the more shots are fired during the Ult (this build has 27-28 shots fired during the Ult) each shot will deal around 110 Physical Damage. This is an extremely useful Ult due to it's high damage potential (if all shots hit one target, it will deal around 2,700 Physical Damage at level 16 with this build! and around 3,300-3,500 at level 18!).
- At level 16, this Ult has a 50 second cooldown, so don't be afraid to use it in fights!
- While using the Ult, you can only move and use your E, all other abilities are locked until the Ult is over, or you cancel it by re-toggling it!
- Finally, if you are Ulting an opponent and they manage to get behind you, toggle the ult again to stop firing and resume using all other abilities.
-Did I forget to mention that it does 400% damage to minions at all ranks? Because it does...
This is my first Mobafire build, so let me know how I did! Other than that, Have fun making your opponents cry out in fear as they see you running towards them!