get
prime

Lulu Build Guide by Minkey

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


1881K
Views
197
Comments
376
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author Minkey

Lulu - Ahh.. There is my squirrel! (Support Build/OUTDATED)

Minkey Last updated on December 5, 2012
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

Quick Comment

You need to log in before commenting.

[-] Collapse All Comments

Sort Comments By
1
[-]
xAncestor (3) | September 9, 2014 6:50pm
I'm going to vote a like in this guide, because I can do so.
1
[-]
xAncestor (3) | September 9, 2014 6:49pm
I'm going to vote a like in this guide, because I can do so.
1
[-]
Bludes (51) | October 25, 2013 2:59pm
The banners thou *-*
1
[-]
accela | November 2, 2012 5:01am
Wtf is the point of being an editor if you no responsibility?
1
[-]
Sukero (1) | October 21, 2012 9:59pm
You forgot to mention the biggest advantage of Morello's: it's active. You don't pick it for cooldown or AP, that's just a bonus...
1
[-]
Laggermeister (242) | October 13, 2012 10:14am
Pretty good, one thing though, under Summoner Spells you listed Ignite as good and Exhaust as decent, which is obviously a mistake.

Also, Spirit Visage sucks on Lulu, there's no reason why you should get it.
1
[-]
bigpickle0 | October 9, 2012 3:12pm
my friend, I congratulate you on an amazing build, I just played a draft pick with lulu, I went 1/0/16, in my mind, as long as a support does not die during a game, they did their job, they don't need kills, all they gotta do is support, I was helping our graves rush in, shield him, and make him a giant. I played lulu many times with other build, but it does not compare with this one, the ONE thing I changed in the process was that I gave lulu the Ionian boots of Lucidity so I can get more support on my team, and it worked fabulously. again, great build, I tip my hat to you good sir
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | October 4, 2012 1:56am
@astrolia

I do agree with almost everything you say, I wrote this guide in 1~2 hours and didnt care about it to much. Never expected it to be number one and I know it doesn't deserve that spot (many people seem to like the guide/build though). Thanks for your criticism, but I'm a very unactive moba user so I wont be changing anything.
1
[-]
astrolia (259) | September 28, 2012 11:51am
BEEP BEEP Greetings from the "weekend warrior" guide reviewer!

I don't think this guide deserves its 87% approval rating, nor does it deserve to be the #1 Lulu guide.

Your justifications for all of your decisions on items/etc are shallow and borderline nonsensical. Your explanations are basically restating what the item or spell does instead of fleshing out what the benefits are / can be.

I mean, seriously, look at your summoner spells section. You repeatedly say, "Well, I prefer Clairvoyance." Okay, great. But why? You don't ever say why you would rather take Clairvoyance over any other spell, but you repeatedly tell us you would rather take it, and you never really explain how it can be used in ways that make it a stronger pick up compared to other summoner spells.

Maybe you don't even know why you take Clairvoyance.

And content-wise, "CV is a must have on supports"? How so? In the current meta, bot lane is dictated by kill potential in order to snowball it in your carry's favor, and for that, Exhaust is the must-have spell on supports. But according to you, Exhaust is not a "good" option, only a "decent" option, and on par with Ghost (pointless on Lulu who has 2 movespeed debuffs and 1 movespeed buff), Teleport (not at all useful on a support), Cleanse (basically for on "counter-initiators" and better on the AD carry).

And then, "Heal is a great spell on supports". I agree, but only versus AoE teams where you can't Exhaust all of the AoE damage dealers at once. In reality, if someone bot lane is going to take Heal versus a non-AoE focus team, it's preferred on the AD carry so they can receive the full benefits instead of the 50% heal.

Then like, your rune section.

I don't care if you prefer HP quints, but you justify your decision to take them with: "Lulu is a pretty squishy champion, especially early game because we aren't buying any health items at level 1" and this makes me very, very confused. Are you implying that on other characters, you should be starting with a health item (like a Doran's Ring) so it makes you less squishy? Truthfully, starting with a Doran's Ring will just get you ganked by an intelligent jungler.

On the other hand, what exactly do you need +78 health for? Lulu's Glitterlance outranges every AD carry. Are you constantly getting poked or something? It's contradictory that you feel "safe" enough to take Greater Mark of Magic Penetration for poking/damage over a defensive rune like Greater Mark of Armor, but are apparently are not actually "safe" enough because you then also take Greater Quintessence of Health (and 9 in defense) for more health.

Then when we get to your flat mres glyph section, you say, "If you are fighting vs a team with much magic damage, these runes will help you much more to stay on lane earlier on." I don't understand. If there's "a lot of magic damage" on the team, it probably won't be bottom lane versus you since the AD carry and support go bottom. A better example of when to use flat mres glyphs is when the AD carry is someone who levels a magic skill first, or the support is one who has strong magic abilities early game.

"The reason you want to level this up at level 1 is because it has a high base damage and it can hit multiple targets + the fact you want to slow your enemies so your lanemate can kill him." Wait, what? If you take it at level 1, it's to check the bushes with the sound effect. And since you're taking Clairvoyance and not Exhaust, you Glitterlance is not going to help you get a kill @ level 1 unless the other guy is AFK. Whimsy helps setup early kills better because it's a lockdown.

Considering that the majority of your item descriptions are restating what the item does / what the items stats are, I find it funny you don't mention that Whimsy gives an AP boost, thus making it a useful spell to cast on your team's AP carry. You also mention casting Wild Growth "on your carry", but not on an initiator.

Then there's your main item section. Let's look at your item description for Locket of the Iron Solari: "This 'new' item is great, it gives alot of armor and it gives alot of health. It also has a really nice health regen aura which gives your team the ability to stay longer in the battlefield. The active of this item gives all of your allies a shield which makes saving lifes much easier."

You literally restated what the item tooltip tells you. How about mentioning that the shield strength scales on levels, and supports are under-leveled? In my opinion, Locket of the Iron Solari is not a good item to begin with, and I can't say reading your "description" has made me feel any better about it.

Building Morello's Evil Tome straight up sounds pretty questionable. What does it add to your team that makes it worth rushing over Shurelya's Reverie/ Aegis of the Legion? Also, Will of the Ancients gives "lifesteal to your abilities"? That's called spellvamp, and I think you should've just restated the item description again there, cause you would've gotten the term correct.

Under alt items, how, exactly, does Zeke's Herald sound like ****? Also how does it "only" help AD champions? Like you even go on to mention that it "makes pix attack faster" so clearly you don't think it only helps AD champs...

Also what's the point of recommending Rod of Ages? It takes 20 minutes to build up and it costs 3k. Where is a support getting that money? And Spirit Visage? You don't understand how the healing thing works either - it's heals done to you not heals you do. If you want both cooldown + health + magic res, sure why not. But your comments about the healing don't even make sense.

And in your warding section, how does say #15 only help blue side? It shows purple side if someone is coming to gank through that bush. #16 doesn't really cut it because it could be someone who can blink over the wall without passing by the bush from #16.

Lastly, in your gold/time section, you are really ignoring how Philosopher's Stone/ Heart of Gold/ Kage's Lucky Pick also cost an investment to purchase, meaning they won't actually be generating gold until after they've paid off their investment price. GP10 items are not comparable with Greater Quintessence of Gold or Greed which start giving you "free" gold from the start.

Btw, it's "a lot" not "alot". Just mentioning it since you misspelled it like 40 times.
1
[-]
TauntingNex | September 24, 2012 5:41am
Thanks alot for the guide, pwning everybody in ranked atm!



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | September 24, 2012 1:33am

+1
Played Lulu during her free week a while ago and forgot to credit this guide ;o. Your guide helped out a ton! It was really fun supporting my team and turning every single enemy champion I saw into squirrels... huehuehue

Haha laughed at that comment mate, thanks and glad you liked it
1
[-]
Major Evers | September 22, 2012 3:10am
This build, as is... Holy hell. Ran Lulu for the first time and went 5/0/36 (I used the assist xp mastery for that very reason, meaning -2% CD, but it worked out)!!

Thanks, Cheers, Merci; love it!
-Brandon

a.k.a. Major, Wicked
1
[-]
CrimsonSkyz (24) | September 21, 2012 6:42pm
+1
Played Lulu during her free week a while ago and forgot to credit this guide ;o. Your guide helped out a ton! It was really fun supporting my team and turning every single enemy champion I saw into squirrels... huehuehue
1
[-]
Opeth (7) | September 9, 2012 10:45pm
great guide-design and explanations! very inspiring :)
1
[-]
Kinesis (10) | September 6, 2012 9:17am
Playing Lulu a bit this week and this guide's been really helpful. +1 to the guide and favourited. Well written and wonderfully formatted. Thanks!
1
[-]
Veiledaiel | September 5, 2012 3:01pm
Played her for the first time during this free week using your guide, and laned with my friend as Graves. This was the result



Thanks a lot for this great guide. I registered just to +1 you and say thanks :) Gonna keep playing her and probably buy her after this week!
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | August 18, 2012 9:42am
One quick fix, about the Spirit Visage.

Quoted:
The main reason you want to buy this item is because it gives a nice health boost and every healing spell(your ultimate) heals more + your health regeneration gets higher


The part about the ultimate is misleading. Spirit Visage improves only the heals that you receive. So on Lulu, the only thing that it would improve would be casting the ultimate on yourself.
1
[-]
-NA- Veng Lmfao (169) | July 29, 2012 12:41am
+1 An excellent build, covers everything that needs to be covered. Builds are very nice & the guide is nice & clear. Take my upvote, mate!
~Maybe you could check out my Lee Sin guide or upvote it? Thanks!
1
[-]
pbialasek | July 27, 2012 3:10am
This build is SO op!
My Score 3 0 8
THX
1
[-]
xxreveng3xx | July 26, 2012 8:13am
Nice guide,I still have a tab of it open and alt+tab every time I play.

Got a 5-2-12 score and every ally had like 1-2 deaths.

Looking forward for more and thanks
1
[-]
Grand Chill | July 23, 2012 7:39am
Bought Lulu yesterday, played AP first in bots for a bit of fun, moved to normal games and they needed a support. I used this guide and these are my most recent results. :DGreat guide, had lots of fun and Lulu is an awesome character :D
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | July 17, 2012 3:03pm
Talathar wrote:

Just tried this build out in a bot game (Yeah yeah... "It's bots, doesn't matter") Well, I played lulu with this guide and laned with ezreal. First time as lulu. We had gotten past first turret and he was attacking second while I was at base buying. By the time I get there, 4 bots are converging on him. I rush in as quick as I can and Q the nearest ones while Simultaneously using E and R on Ez so he can turn and fight. Ezreal ends up with a QUADRA. Upvoted for making a good guide and good build.

Thank you for your vote bro, much appreciated :D
1
[-]
ticklishmusic | July 6, 2012 10:52am
Hey,

I finally bought Lulu and have been more or less using your guide. Can't say I've had perfect results (being a support, I need to be carried), but I have been doing well personally with positive K/D with a ton of assists (amidoinitrite?)

My own only suggestion is to get Kage's instead of HoG first. It builds Morello's, gives a little AP, is a GP5 item and is a little cheaper. I've also found a lot of them time that I can buy the Philo, Boots1 and Kage's together in some combination.

I also tend to end up rushing for Aegis before Shurelya's because, well, I like to max the time with triple GP5 items (it feels badass), and I feel the survivability/aura is more useful overall.
1
[-]
Talathar | July 6, 2012 12:15am
Just tried this build out in a bot game (Yeah yeah... "It's bots, doesn't matter") Well, I played lulu with this guide and laned with ezreal. First time as lulu. We had gotten past first turret and he was attacking second while I was at base buying. By the time I get there, 4 bots are converging on him. I rush in as quick as I can and Q the nearest ones while Simultaneously using E and R on Ez so he can turn and fight. Ezreal ends up with a QUADRA. Upvoted for making a good guide and good build.
1
[-]
KGeddon | July 4, 2012 12:03pm
You might want to point out that Lulu is not a "traditional" support. Her E is aimed at helping the AD carry, but AP bruisers/assassins make use of W/R more efficiently.

This means that while Soraka/Janna are still doing the same thing from start to finish, Lulu moves towards buffing top/mid and maybe even jungle more than the AD carry. Frankly, the AD carry isn't even in my rolodex. I only have eyes for that sexy Vlad/Akali/Rumble.

edit::BTW, Talon and Lulu getting married soon. 2 stronk. Lulu = free mallet.
1
[-]
Sweagen | July 4, 2012 11:43am
My fave Lulu build... she is such a fun support lol. Just went 6-1-19 in a game, thanks :D
1
[-]
Doomunit | July 1, 2012 2:21am
I dont het it why to get quint for hp than ap
1
[-]
loppiddty | June 30, 2012 11:43pm
Registered just to show you my awesome game with Lulu using your guide :)
1
[-]
xxxMelkoRxxx | June 30, 2012 11:46am
Thanks for the nice build from my side as well. Following it has turned my Lulu into a fearsome support , yet with some minor changes from the initial guide. I haven't tried heal yet as a summoner spell, though exhaust works for me pretty well, especially in early game , when my partner initiates . I also add a mana manipulator as early game as i can so that i can have my mana bar to its full extend and i sell it later on.
thanks again for the guide and waiting for next ones to come up. :D
1
[-]
Xzono | June 29, 2012 4:09am
The reason why i voted the guide down is because i don't like the way that you have made the build, you only have like 1-2 right choises for a good support. And most of the guide dosen't describe how to play lulu, or how to play support, but how to build only. If you want to improve the guide, make a chapter that is how to play lulu as support. And maybe also change the build, so it will be more like support than an support ap carry.
1
[-]
IceNurgle (2) | June 25, 2012 10:49am
I think putting a 6th item in the build is a bad idea. You should always have a spot open for wards in your inventory
1
[-]
Lilith (1) | June 4, 2012 1:00pm
do you think to introduce the new item hunoly grail?XD
1
[-]
Brettstick | May 31, 2012 7:57pm

epic game.followed your build :). but 3 feeders tho :(
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | May 30, 2012 4:56am
Brettstick wrote:

update the build?

To lazy, soz.
1
[-]
Brettstick | May 29, 2012 4:35pm
update the build?
1
[-]
Nosfistis (1) | May 28, 2012 6:30am
This is a very good guide, all in all, I don't like the late Shurelya's (a bit too late), I'd get it earlier than Morello's.
Also, I find Morello's quite underpowered yet. The new Athene's item gives much better mana regen, 5% less cdr, and 35 magic resist, which is very good.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | May 27, 2012 5:38am

Aw yeah, 1/3/19 aaaaaaand.......wait for it........6 cs! Pro support! Nice build!

Their Soraka had 8cs, that greedy ****!

lol haha xD Glad it worked for you ;)
1
[-]
Amazing Monkey (59) | May 27, 2012 2:32am
Aw yeah, 1/3/19 aaaaaaand.......wait for it........6 cs! Pro support! Nice build!

Their Soraka had 8cs, that greedy ****!
1
[-]
Amazing Monkey (59) | May 27, 2012 12:45am
I'm excited to try this out! I just bought Lulu! I up-voted because the guide overall was amazing. Not sure about the build yet, but it looks pretty good to me! Guess I'll find out soon!
1
[-]
TannerLynn1 | May 26, 2012 8:33am
WOW!!! GRET GUIDE!! Picked up Lulu because I had no ranged champs. First game with went 7/8/40. Great job on build. Was scared about mana problems but it was fine. I really like the Heart of Gold at beginning, really helps a lot later when I'm running around and not getting slot of creep kills. Thanks!!
1
[-]
baggypenguin | May 23, 2012 11:54am
Great build, I like how you quickly build a good HP pool, I also like to throw a couple AP item's in the mid game so that i can help out in the fights a bit more. none the less a good guide. +1!
1
[-]
Donamir (3) | May 20, 2012 7:11am
Ok, so I went into a draft mode game (non ranked to be overly specific) And we needed a support so I hastily picked Lulu. My team raged 'she has no heal, they have sona, were so screwed, eff you lulu, report lulu for no heal support champ.' I think i had my best record of supports that game. 6/8/25. Wasn't proud of the first 4 deaths i had in the first four min, but id say it was the ult sheild speed combo on a volo with boots of mobility that helped. Thanks for the guide, you turned my for sure loss game into a win.
1
[-]
McDrewbs | May 17, 2012 4:25am
Love the guide. One issue I had was with boots, I had a skim through the comments, no-one mentioned sorcerers boots on Lulu, it is something I have been doing for a little while and I like it (I suppose I play quite aggressively). All of Lulu's attacks deal magic damage, including her AD attacks thanks to her passive and it just adds a little more poke to her.

My build order usually goes like this for a balanced "meta" team (just in-case it makes a difference about the sorcerers boots).
Philosophers stone => Heart of Gold => Boots of speed (I play pretty defensive until I get boots, but try and poke as much as I can).

From here I get Zeke's Herald simply because as Lulu support, my only real heal is the summoner spell (I take heal and clairvoyance) as Lulu's ultimate is saved either for team fights or to help my carry escape. From here I'll be looking to upgrade my boots to sorcerers while I still have 2 gold per 10 item (upgrading boots here is because around this time I start doing roaming and want a little extra speed). Then I build into Shurelya's Revieve. From here, if my AP carry hasn't gotten or isn't building WotA, I'll grab that as it benefits not just the AP carry, but Lulu as well. If my AP carry does have it I'll build the Locket, then WotA.

That then is my 5 items + the 1 spot left for wards, which I buy throughout the game (I try and keep 3 on me at all times, but sometimes I'll walk away with 1/2 if I can't afford more).

Edit: I don't bother with armour /MR items mainly because of my play-style, which is a lot like my Janna play-style. I stay back, protecting the carry only getting in the way to take a hit.
As for Aegis, I don't build it unless my team really need the extra protection as it doesn't build from anything and going into late-game I prefer the keep a slot open for wards at all times.
1
[-]
III Craz III | May 3, 2012 9:37am
Nice guide :)
1
[-]
henry10222 (1) | April 28, 2012 5:20pm
This build is awesome. Thanks.
1
[-]
mpsk2 | April 24, 2012 2:11am
I finds puting 5 wards as a last item much more usefull.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 23, 2012 1:34pm
^ It's all about the idea.
1
[-]
StuffYurFace | April 22, 2012 4:30pm
I really didn't bother looking to see if anyone else caught it but your math has so many flaws don't bother fixing them. First of all you're calculating that at the 30 minute mark you will be combining these items... You will NOT have the items for 30 minutes! Wow... How long did it take you to farm up the money just to buy the item in the first place? So at the 30 minute mark you've had BOTH for 12 minutes? the First one for what another 10? Re do the math and subtract the COST of the item (which you neglected) and you'll quickly find that it's a complete waste UNLESS you're going for the final item.
1
[-]
Akintunde | April 22, 2012 10:04am
I LOVE this guide! I won my first 8 games as Lulu by following it (and to be fair, I lost the 9th because we had multiple people D/C). The only downside I've seen is I really can't do much if I'm stuck laning with someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I've considered snagging some AP/Ap aura items mid-game and find I have more fun when I do so.

+1
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 20, 2012 7:32pm
Magnus2010 wrote:

Not sure if someone pointed it out or not yet, but in your section about Gold per 10 you added up the gold from both Heart of Gold, and Philosopher's Stone but the gold from them are both unique passives, so wouldn't you only get 5 gold instead of 10 total? not downing gold per 10 items since i have both of those in any match i play as lulu, but only for the reason of having Heart of Gold when i use the Philosopher's Stone to finish a Shurelya's Reverie. That way i don't lose that gold income. Anyway, this is a great guide and very similar to the build i swear by as support lulu, I just wanted to point out something for the sake of accuracy. If i'm somehow wrong then just count me off as a noob. I'd be happy to learn that i'm actually earning that much gold by having those items.

They actully do stack, the unique passive only counts for that item you bought. Example: You bought 1 heart of gold and one philosopher stone, they both have a unique passive but they arent the same item which means it gives 10 gold @ 10 secs. Lets say you have 2x heart of gold, they both have a unique passive and ARE the same item which means it gives 5 @ 10 secs. Hope i explained it to you:P Glad you liked my build!!
1
[-]
Magnus2010 (1) | April 20, 2012 1:07am
Not sure if someone pointed it out or not yet, but in your section about Gold per 10 you added up the gold from both Heart of Gold, and Philosopher's Stone but the gold from them are both unique passives, so wouldn't you only get 5 gold instead of 10 total? not downing gold per 10 items since i have both of those in any match i play as lulu, but only for the reason of having Heart of Gold when i use the Philosopher's Stone to finish a Shurelya's Reverie. That way i don't lose that gold income. Anyway, this is a great guide and very similar to the build i swear by as support lulu, I just wanted to point out something for the sake of accuracy. If i'm somehow wrong then just count me off as a noob. I'd be happy to learn that i'm actually earning that much gold by having those items.
1
[-]
Saifer93 | April 19, 2012 1:14am
This should be a generic warding guide ot generic support guide, is quite nice the explanation you did
1
[-]
LotOfLols | April 18, 2012 6:47pm
Thanks dude! It really helped me with my first time as lulu, i've got like 9/2 wins with this build =)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 18, 2012 9:03am
@ iCloud, Alternative items. xD
1
[-]
iCloud (2) | April 18, 2012 5:56am
Why don't you change Morello's Evil Tome into a RoA
1
[-]
Steg Darkhorse | April 17, 2012 1:01am
Pretty nice guide. I personally don't care for Iron Locket, but to each their own. The guide is pretty good and explains what Support Lulu should be doing. I think Whimsy is better to grab before Help Pix, but whatever. I haven't been playing Lulu for very long, so what do I know?
1
[-]
Bladeofwar94 | April 16, 2012 2:04pm
I like the build but considering all of her abilities cost mana and if you're support you'll always need it i use mana per 5 or mana per lvl per 5 seals. They give you early or late game mana regen so a combo of both can work but saince i have them i use mana per lvl per 5 seals. I'm used to mid champs so i like being spammy maybe that's why the mana per lvl per 5 seals work. Thx for the build for once a build has helped not hurt my gameplay :)
1
[-]
gamersanonymous | April 16, 2012 4:43am
Minkey wrote:


Hmm, i think it already looks good this way and people prefer this over what you're suggesting because they find it easier to find the numbers like this.


Sorry, didn't know people preferred it this way- didn't take the time to read through all the comments. :P IMHO, color-coding and reducing the numbers would help me grasp everything at a glance even before reading the corresponding paragraphs.

Good build- got me 3/0/15 and 6/0/21 my first two times with Lulu. My ap carry lurved me. ;)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 16, 2012 1:16am

You can simplify the Wards section by combining 1 and 16, 2 and 15, and so on. Use the same numbers for both sides on the map (e.g. change 16 to 1, 15 to 2), but color them blue, purple, or orange to show side (the icons already distinguish between sight and vision wards). This will highlight that 8/9 is a counter-jungle spot. Delete the duplicate paragraphs 9-16. You can change the vision ward numbers to orange 9 and 10 and renumber the paragraphs accordingly.

Hmm, i think it already looks good this way and people prefer this over what you're suggesting because they find it easier to find the numbers like this.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 16, 2012 1:12am
AngryArt wrote:



Sorry lad - you're wrong
2x Heart of Gold don't stack = 5GP/5
1x Heart + 1x Kages do stack = 10GP/5
...same for different CD items and every 'unique' stats on different items.

Even though it's not a shame not knowing that, you shouldn't point your lack of knowldge out by telling peeps their builds are terrible...

Thank you for pointing that out, hes probaly new to the lol community
1
[-]
AngryArt | April 15, 2012 5:55pm

Same with the gold items. Wow this build just gets worse and worse. Those 5 gold every 10 seconds items are a massive waste. THEY DON"T STACK. Your not getting 10 gold every 10 seconds, your still getting 5 every 10, hence your wasting even more money. I'm surprised this build gets you anywhere but 0/35/0. You've got a lot to learn dude


Sorry lad - you're wrong
2x Heart of Gold don't stack = 5GP/5
1x Heart + 1x Kages do stack = 10GP/5
...same for different CD items and every 'unique' stats on different items.

Even though it's not a shame not knowing that, you shouldn't point your lack of knowldge out by telling peeps their builds are terrible...
1
[-]
Scooty Poof Jr | April 15, 2012 2:43pm
Same with the gold items. Wow this build just gets worse and worse. Those 5 gold every 10 seconds items are a massive waste. THEY DON"T STACK. Your not getting 10 gold every 10 seconds, your still getting 5 every 10, hence your wasting even more money. I'm surprised this build gets you anywhere but 0/35/0. You've got a lot to learn dude
1
[-]
Scooty Poof Jr | April 15, 2012 2:39pm
This build is absolutely terrible! Do you understand the meaning of Unique? Please. Google it. Cooldown reduction doesn't stack, which is why its Unique. Unique means what? It only applies once. Your basically saying "buy 6 boots of swiftness and you'll run really really fast". No. Its Unique, hence it won't work like that. Your wasting a lot of gold, these items don't work at all whatsoever. Try again.
1
[-]
gamersanonymous | April 15, 2012 3:41am
You can simplify the Wards section by combining 1 and 16, 2 and 15, and so on. Use the same numbers for both sides on the map (e.g. change 16 to 1, 15 to 2), but color them blue, purple, or orange to show side (the icons already distinguish between sight and vision wards). This will highlight that 8/9 is a counter-jungle spot. Delete the duplicate paragraphs 9-16. You can change the vision ward numbers to orange 9 and 10 and renumber the paragraphs accordingly.
1
[-]
Erikulum (4) | April 14, 2012 8:25pm
Nice build

But, unless Riot changed the way rilay's work, Pix, faerie compagnion will not slow your enemy if you buy this item. the slow will change almost nothing on your Q and be unnoticeable on your R so it only boost your E. Since it give so little bonus on Lulu, you should remove it from the alternate item.

BTW, if you find that it do work tell me, I'll put it in my AS Lulu build since with 2.x attack speed the slow would be INSANE
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | April 14, 2012 2:29am
Playing with this build regularly recently, it's still quite effective. Moreover that most people still don't expect a support to deal that kind of damage in lane.

However, I see again and again that this is a slow build. Unless there are lot of assists or I steal a kill or two, it's really hard to build past the Morello and shoes before end game.

It's ok because the Morello already allows you to be a quite effective support and deal a fair amount of damage. But most of my games recently end with my two gp5 items remaining because I haven't managed to change them yet. Typically, if the team is taking a lot of damage and the game doesn't go really good, I tend to build into the Aegis before the reverie. And I finish the game with my two gp5.

So it's a great build, but keep in mind that the Morello in the middle is quite delaying your "usual" support items.
1
[-]
HungLikeAHamster | April 13, 2012 5:09pm
Hey man great build, just tried it out and went 2/5/35, only thing i changed was the red runes i did flat armor and instead of wota i got a banshees. But those were both due to team comps, but ya man great build!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 13, 2012 9:14am
Signex wrote:

great build +1

Thanks for your vote, appreciated very much.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 13, 2012 9:14am
DragonFun wrote:

havent lost a single game with this build till now still havent lost just till now that im posting :p
i could suggest changing morelos with nashors tooth

Might test that out and glad the build worked for you.
1
[-]
DragonFun | April 13, 2012 9:03am
havent lost a single game with this build till now still havent lost just till now that im posting :p
i could suggest changing morelos with nashors tooth
1
[-]
Signex | April 12, 2012 3:44pm
great build +1
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 12, 2012 7:54am
Ye but I prefer like every spell except for Revive over Promote.
1
[-]
Needlous (20) | April 12, 2012 6:44am
As of promote, it's safe to push lane as long and you have wards, and if you aren't under their turrent when jungler appears ( just wait in middle of lane for minions to come) you can easily escape.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 12, 2012 1:04am
BlackIceT wrote:

Damn bro 86% rating? You are blowing away your competition haha. Great job!

Thanks mate and ye holy ****, didnt expect such a high rating:P And ye the competition isnt really a competition atm anymore :P
1
[-]
BlackIceT (182) | April 11, 2012 5:32pm
Damn bro 86% rating? You are blowing away your competition haha. Great job!
1
[-]
Bithya | April 11, 2012 10:21am
Thank you for this guide, I enjoy playing Lulu as a support very much - and I owe it to you!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 11, 2012 10:19am
sikcool wrote:

I think its great that despite you not speaking English as your main language, that you`re able to create a guide with this good grammar! I only noticed about 3 grammar mistakes, which is acceptrable :)

Thats great to read! Glad my grammer didnt annoy you :P
1
[-]
sikcool (1) | April 11, 2012 9:25am
I think its great that despite you not speaking English as your main language, that you`re able to create a guide with this good grammar! I only noticed about 3 grammar mistakes, which is acceptrable :)
1
[-]
Buikjuh (3) | April 11, 2012 5:07am
Dropbear wrote:

An excellent build and guide. My own little addition, if at the end you find yourself with a bit of spare gold the Shurelya's can be sold to buy a Deathcap.

This is what i mean with support. u shouldn't sell it and buy deathcap. if you want to buy that you should have just went AP imo. Shurelya's is extremly helpfull for your whole team when losing a team fight or chasing fleeing enemy's. but USE that item.
However!!!! if both teams are kinda equal, than your choice of getting deathcap is getting more realistic. why? cause the AP u get will then imrpove ur shield wich will give you the edge of winning that team fight. but i would not let out sjurelya's get out of the build. i would take away morello's and just take the CD boots if u want to take that edge. BUT than again, this is how i see it. feel free to reply and discuss the matter!:)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 11, 2012 4:54am
Dropbear wrote:

An excellent build and guide. My own little addition, if at the end you find yourself with a bit of spare gold the Shurelya's can be sold to buy a Deathcap.

I already had thoughts about a deathcap, gonna put that in my alternative items as soon as possible! Glad you liked and it thanks for rating! 85% already, wow o-o
1
[-]
Dropbear | April 11, 2012 4:43am
An excellent build and guide. My own little addition, if at the end you find yourself with a bit of spare gold the Shurelya's can be sold to buy a Deathcap.
1
[-]
Buikjuh (3) | April 11, 2012 4:07am
TU10 wrote:

WTF is these details about.Warding???(thnx for ur time)
But I played my first game with lulu just a sec ago without seeing any guid.And dominated 10 7 24(many Ks).I dominated from the start to the end(in assisting and attaking).
I saw many weak spots in lulu.I saw that these items is worthless with LULU.she neeeeeeds alot of MANA MANA MANA MANA.My main ability focus was the first ability it scares the enemys alot( I mean it they didnt make me back only @ min 10 or may be more)If u surprised the enemys with lulu they r dead meat.ATTACK ASSIST TEAM SLOW THEM ....(in sec)
lulu can change the fight is sec.
BUT FORGET IT IF U R ALONE...i tell u.u r dead meat.DEATH IS 81% alone.
I didnt play with lulu only once so I am sry if mistaked in my Comment.Just helping.Btw u really have a REAL FEAR from shaco.I see that from the wards and spells.Just choose Telport.U must get over shaco fear.Just be near turret when he is not here and u will dominate.U will waste alot of wards.(WHO TOLD U THAT SHACO WILL JUNGLE).u will waste alot of G for 3 min(WASTING OF FOCUS AND TIME).
THnx for ur help I didnt see all the guid only the main info.Thnx and goood luck :)

Warding is a must for a support char.
Warding gives you the following abilities: u can escape from ganks first of all, u can safely farm cause the area is warded so u dont have to be scared for a gank. + it helps your team ALOT to counter the enemy in the jungle.
About the harras of her. No matter how u build Lulu, she will always do a scary amount of dmg. so its very nice u got a good score, but as a support u should NEVER EVER kill steal. even withouth kills Lulu is extremly effective and can turn around MANY team fights.
and as said before, fearing shaco is pointless. If u fear him, than why do u say u dont wanna waste money on wards? simply place a vision ward in ur lane and shaco is completly useless and can be dominated with ease. and to be honest, i think u should play more than 1 game with Lulu in order to really get to know her, as there are countless numbers on how to play her.


(not a reply anymore, just extra info: For all the players who like to play lulu, please do not forget to use your items!! i have seen countless numbers of support with items they never use. for example: locket of the iron solarie. This is a item wich absorbs damage for the whole team. these kind of items can really help ur team out. same thing about Shurelya's Reverie. i don't know how many times i have helped my ad carry with that item to get him a extra kill even if the enemy is passed the tower.

so in the end: don't forget to use your items!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 11, 2012 2:20am
^ Turn off comment with ratings? You're kidding me right? Also to many wards/health potions? LOL

@DeIicious: Thank you,glad you liked it. Also its nice to know the minor mistakes doesnt matter to much.
1
[-]
DeIicious (4) | April 11, 2012 1:54am

you shouldn't need that many wards or health potions. Also turn off comments with ratings it will increase your rating from the mass number of votes. Just to standard for me.

made me lol.
great guide, very detailed and items seems pretty good :)
i've seen some minor mistakes but it's really nothing
gj!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 10, 2012 11:51pm
TU10 wrote:

WTF is these details about.Warding???(thnx for ur time)
But I played my first game with lulu just a sec ago without seeing any guid.And dominated 10 7 24(many Ks).I dominated from the start to the end(in assisting and attaking).
I saw many weak spots in lulu.I saw that these items is worthless with LULU.she neeeeeeds alot of MANA MANA MANA MANA.My main ability focus was the first ability it scares the enemys alot( I mean it they didnt make me back only @ min 10 or may be more)If u surprised the enemys with lulu they r dead meat.ATTACK ASSIST TEAM SLOW THEM ....(in sec)
lulu can change the fight is sec.
BUT FORGET IT IF U R ALONE...i tell u.u r dead meat.DEATH IS 81% alone.
I didnt play with lulu only once so I am sry if mistaked in my Comment.Just helping.Btw u really have a REAL FEAR from shaco.I see that from the wards and spells.Just choose Telport.U must get over shaco fear.Just be near turret when he is not here and u will dominate.U will waste alot of wards.(WHO TOLD U THAT SHACO WILL JUNGLE).u will waste alot of G for 3 min(WASTING OF FOCUS AND TIME).
THnx for ur help I didnt see all the guid only the main info.Thnx and goood luck :)

Nah, i dont fear shaco, im just giving more reasons to buy a Vision Ward. This ward is also ment for champions like Twitch, Evelynn, Teemo his mushrooms and Vayne. These wards also work very good to kill your enemies sight wards. About mana, you don't have to spam your abilities. I played Lulu many times and if I REALLY have mana problems, i just buy a Rod of Ages (my alternative item). Thanks for your comment and glad you liked my warding section and my guide :P

P.S. This is my build, not yours. You don't have to follow it from tip to toe. Tweak it to your likings.
1
[-]
TU10 (1) | April 10, 2012 5:34pm
WTF is these details about.Warding???(thnx for ur time)
But I played my first game with lulu just a sec ago without seeing any guid.And dominated 10 7 24(many Ks).I dominated from the start to the end(in assisting and attaking).
I saw many weak spots in lulu.I saw that these items is worthless with LULU.she neeeeeeds alot of MANA MANA MANA MANA.My main ability focus was the first ability it scares the enemys alot( I mean it they didnt make me back only @ min 10 or may be more)If u surprised the enemys with lulu they r dead meat.ATTACK ASSIST TEAM SLOW THEM ....(in sec)
lulu can change the fight is sec.
BUT FORGET IT IF U R ALONE...i tell u.u r dead meat.DEATH IS 81% alone.
I didnt play with lulu only once so I am sry if mistaked in my Comment.Just helping.Btw u really have a REAL FEAR from shaco.I see that from the wards and spells.Just choose Telport.U must get over shaco fear.Just be near turret when he is not here and u will dominate.U will waste alot of wards.(WHO TOLD U THAT SHACO WILL JUNGLE).u will waste alot of G for 3 min(WASTING OF FOCUS AND TIME).
THnx for ur help I didnt see all the guid only the main info.Thnx and goood luck :)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 10, 2012 11:11am

Awesome 'nuff said. First game 5-7-25! +1 from me :)

Glad you liked my build!
1
[-]
FeedtheCreep (5) | April 10, 2012 11:03am
Awesome 'nuff said. First game 5-7-25! +1 from me :)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 10, 2012 6:57am
@michps: Ye, thats a main problem with supports in this game. They should make a special spot for wards.
1
[-]
michps | April 10, 2012 6:23am
With wards where do you put them? If you buy 6 items you can't store them anywhere... Happend to me last 2 games
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 10, 2012 5:26am
Talathar wrote:

I haven't read through the entire guide yet, but I would like to mention that you mis-spelled "little" in every case so far that I saw. I thought it would be good to have some constructive criticism. I'll make a "real" post later.

Ohh.. i forgot one 't' all the time didnt i? :P gonna change that asap
1
[-]
Talathar | April 10, 2012 3:04am
I haven't read through the entire guide yet, but I would like to mention that you mis-spelled "little" in every case so far that I saw. I thought it would be good to have some constructive criticism. I'll make a "real" post later.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 9, 2012 7:29am

I'm impressed at your consistent with coming out with guides on new champions. No complaints on this guide. Any chance you are going to be coming out with a Hecarim and Varus guide? Keep up the good work

I don't think so, im having hard times to update 2 guides at the same times and 3 will be way to much :P Thanks for your comment!
1
[-]
skimanandahalf | April 8, 2012 6:01pm
I'm impressed at your consistent with coming out with guides on new champions. No complaints on this guide. Any chance you are going to be coming out with a Hecarim and Varus guide? Keep up the good work
1
[-]
skimanandahalf | April 8, 2012 6:01pm
I'm impressed at your consistent with coming out with guides on new champions. No complaints on this guide. Any chance you are going to be coming out with a Hecarim and Varus guide? Keep up the good work
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | April 8, 2012 8:05am

This is not a good build. The cooldown is capped at 40% max. His items got 35% cd already and
why would he choose cd mastery?


Because you might have a little over 40% at the end, but this is a build which is longer than usual for a support (with no runes, and no cd boots). So your CD reduction comes full quite late. Believe me, you need this CD mastery early.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 7, 2012 4:18am
@ryantan1121, Ohh no! My build got more then 41% instead of 40%! I prefer 1% more then 5% less if you ask me..

@Gnoupi, I also noticed this bugg and its VERY annoying. They should fix that.
1
[-]
ryantan1121 | April 7, 2012 1:52am
This is not a good build. The cooldown is capped at 40% max. His items got 35% cd already and
why would he choose cd mastery?
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | April 6, 2012 2:49am
I hope they will fix the bugs soon. Help, pix is a bit annoying currently when you cast it on an ally.

When the spell ends, pix comes back to you, but keeps attacking your ally's target for 1-2 seconds. And it counts for you. Which leads of course to stealing last hit, buffs, or even kills (happened twice to me already).

And of course, you get flamed a lot for stealing as a support, understandably.
So I really hope they will get this fixed in the next patch.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 6, 2012 2:47am

Well-designed and very descriptive +1

Thanks, glad you liked it ;) Gonna check your guide out :P
1
[-]
Pluckin Penguin (117) | April 5, 2012 4:40pm
Well-designed and very descriptive +1
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 4, 2012 1:24pm
^ Lemme try that and maybe i'll add in it the alternative item section, thanks for your comment dude! :)
1
[-]
PhuCake | April 4, 2012 12:39pm
I think Lulu is extreamly mana hungry. Would an early Tear of Goddess be a good choice? And then turn it into an Archangel's Staff at the end?
1
[-]
Lilpwninprincess (46) | April 4, 2012 9:06am
Minkey wrote:

^ Thanks for the comment and improvements incoming :P Might actually add some banners but gotta ask missmaw for those :P Thanks for your comment and vote and feel free to ask something!


No problems ^.^
can't wait to see :D
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 4, 2012 8:55am
^ Thanks for the comment and improvements incoming :P Might actually add some banners but gotta ask missmaw for those :P Thanks for your comment and vote and feel free to ask something!
1
[-]
Lilpwninprincess (46) | April 4, 2012 8:38am
Overall: Nice start, it's shaping up well. Still has room for improvement.

Grammar: Nothing that I could find. ^.^

Visual: I like the layout. Suggestions; maybe add some images of her using her spells? Maybe some banners/colorful lines? Maybe a video showing her emotes? Or a fun video of her game play or something.

She's defiantly a great support champion. And this guide is hitting on key items, and points for her.
+1! Good luck with your guide. :)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 3, 2012 11:58pm
@dnns, Thanks and glad you liked it ;)

@gnoupi, Even if I play vs ad carrys like Vayne or Caitlyn i still max help pix out. Caitlyn can easily haras you without trying which makes it harder for you to keep your health up, maxing help pix out will help you alot with this problem since it gives you a huge shield which blocks atleast 2~3 shots @ level 2~3. Same story for Vayne :P

@Needlous, I dont like the seals, i prefer armor :p
1
[-]
Needlous (20) | April 3, 2012 1:29pm
Dont forget about gp5 seals, so it's actually 22.25 gp5.
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | April 3, 2012 12:30pm
Minkey wrote:

The reason i max help pix over glitterlance is because help pix is a 100% hit and glitterlance isn't (gliiterlance is a skillshot). Also i prefer having 1 point in glitterlance because of the low mana cost and it already deals 80 damage at level 1 which is very much. Help pix also grants vision which makes them visible in bushes and it can save your ally from tower diving or from ignite or from a battle. Thanks for your comment and glad you liked my build ;p


After more time playing Lulu, I tend to agree with this. Both skills deal almost the same amount of damage, but it's indeed easier to place a Help, pix. If the enemy champions are moving a lot (or if it's late and aiming a skill shot is starting to be very difficult), it makes sense to put points in Help, pix.

However, note that the range to cast it is quite short, and it will push you to expose yourself more. If you play against a very aggressive AD carry, using Vayne or Caitlyn, it can be nearly impossible to get in range to place it without getting a lot of damage. In such cases, it can be better to put points in glitterlance. You may not be sure to hit, but at least you can shoot from farther and not get hit yourself.

You can also keep the mana cost of Help pix low, and use it mostly as a proxy for your glitterlance, from your minions.
1
[-]
dnns | April 3, 2012 12:16pm
Great Guide , i tried it out and its really awesome.
Simple (:


Thank you
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 3, 2012 5:18am
@MarijuanaMana, Thanks, glad it worked for you. And what do you mean with Ice creamy?:O
1
[-]
MarijuanaMan | April 3, 2012 5:08am
it's a very good guide and thank u very much!
also good items are Nashor's foot and trinity force,i think..! ^^
Ice creamy is very true too.!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 2, 2012 11:54pm
@ Jpikachu, About the Randuin's Omen, lemme try that out and if you are right about it being better i'll exchange it with Locket of the Iron Solari. I feel like locker of the iron solari needs a lil buff with the aoe shield. And i'll also check Chalice of Harmony and might add that to alternative items

@Buikjuh, ye well the build sounds awesome, gonna try that out today :P
1
[-]
Jpikachu1999 (151) | April 2, 2012 3:00pm
It's been a while since I've checked this guide, looks like it's doing really well!

After personally trying Locket of the Iron Solari on all my support champions, I think it's inferior to Randuin's Omen. I know Randuin's Omen is expensive, but it's great against AD champions, gives CDR, that amazing active, compared to the Locket's, and makes you extremely tanky, all while bringing great utility to the team.

Also, what do you think of Chalice of Harmony? I know, I know, I usually don't get it either, but coupled with your Philosopher's Stone, it makes it really easy to stay in lane and harass your opponents all day.
1
[-]
Buikjuh (3) | April 2, 2012 2:17pm
Minkey wrote:

I actually tried that and its pretty nice, i play lulu actually pretty much with as but whenever im going for a SERIOUS game im playing her support:P Might actually add that build to alternative build (with credits for you ofc) ;O

haha that would be awesome! my first help with a guide hehe:)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 2, 2012 1:36pm
Buikjuh wrote:


i understand what you mean, but keeping in mind that we are playing support u dont really need that sight so much. (or atleast i keep placing wards in both bushes just for the controle). and altough glitterlance is a skillshot, its extremely easy to hit when both bushes warded. i have absolutely nothing against the ignite agrument. thats just plain true and could save your life when help is maxed first. Then again i dont max out glitterlance with any partner. highly depends on their skills as ***ual...
Have you ever played lulu with attack speed? i build the folowing and really owned the first couple of round withouth getting a death. Ionian Boots of Lucidity - switfs end - madreds - nashor's - frozen mallet - rylai's. if you havent tryed it yet. try it for the fun, max glitterlance along speed boost. makes you play her alot different 2 play so lulu keeps fun 2 play

I actually tried that and its pretty nice, i play lulu actually pretty much with as but whenever im going for a SERIOUS game im playing her support:P Might actually add that build to alternative build (with credits for you ofc) ;O
1
[-]
Buikjuh (3) | April 2, 2012 12:29pm
Minkey wrote:


The reason i max help pix over glitterlance is because help pix is a 100% hit and glitterlance isn't (gliiterlance is a skillshot). Also i prefer having 1 point in glitterlance because of the low mana cost and it already deals 80 damage at level 1 which is very much. Help pix also grants vision which makes them visible in bushes and it can save your ally from tower diving or from ignite or from a battle. Thanks for your comment and glad you liked my build ;p

i understand what you mean, but keeping in mind that we are playing support u dont really need that sight so much. (or atleast i keep placing wards in both bushes just for the controle). and altough glitterlance is a skillshot, its extremely easy to hit when both bushes warded. i have absolutely nothing against the ignite agrument. thats just plain true and could save your life when help is maxed first. Then again i dont max out glitterlance with any partner. highly depends on their skills as ***ual...
Have you ever played lulu with attack speed? i build the folowing and really owned the first couple of round withouth getting a death. Ionian Boots of Lucidity - switfs end - madreds - nashor's - frozen mallet - rylai's. if you havent tryed it yet. try it for the fun, max glitterlance along speed boost. makes you play her alot different 2 play so lulu keeps fun 2 play
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 2, 2012 8:45am
Buikjuh wrote:

i have been playing lulu now since she released. i have played her on every possible way i could think of. Now that this build is bases on support so i'll be aiming towords that. tbh i dont really understand why you wouldn't max out glitterlance as a first prio.
since help pix is only for the ad carry so he/she has more dmg. ofc the shield is nice but lulu's glitterlance is a beast of a dmg dealer troughout the whole game. if found myself maxing that skill as a support to be more usefull to my ad carry.
cause the dmg and help i can provide ends up to have a pretty nice lane domination. besides glitterlance i do indeed lvl help pix. i have heared many talking bout the speed boost, its so important bla bla.
but tbh, with ur ad carry, u just use it as a polymorph so u can wreck the other opponent. you really need the speed buff later in the game imo. and if you find youself in a nasty position than use ur flash. u should't waste it anyway right.. feel free to discuss this in a normal way
(ps sorry for my bad english)
nether the less, 1 of the better builds i have seen on lulu this far on moba!

The reason i max help pix over glitterlance is because help pix is a 100% hit and glitterlance isn't (gliiterlance is a skillshot). Also i prefer having 1 point in glitterlance because of the low mana cost and it already deals 80 damage at level 1 which is very much. Help pix also grants vision which makes them visible in bushes and it can save your ally from tower diving or from ignite or from a battle. Thanks for your comment and glad you liked my build ;p
1
[-]
Buikjuh (3) | April 2, 2012 7:16am
i have been playing lulu now since she released. i have played her on every possible way i could think of. Now that this build is bases on support so i'll be aiming towords that. tbh i dont really understand why you wouldn't max out glitterlance as a first prio.
since help pix is only for the ad carry so he/she has more dmg. ofc the shield is nice but lulu's glitterlance is a beast of a dmg dealer troughout the whole game. if found myself maxing that skill as a support to be more usefull to my ad carry.
cause the dmg and help i can provide ends up to have a pretty nice lane domination. besides glitterlance i do indeed lvl help pix. i have heared many talking bout the speed boost, its so important bla bla.
but tbh, with ur ad carry, u just use it as a polymorph so u can wreck the other opponent. you really need the speed buff later in the game imo. and if you find youself in a nasty position than use ur flash. u should't waste it anyway right.. feel free to discuss this in a normal way
(ps sorry for my bad english)
nether the less, 1 of the better builds i have seen on lulu this far on moba!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 2, 2012 12:06am
^ Glad you liked it! :D
1
[-]
Kiimochii (4) | April 1, 2012 3:27pm
Had great results. In-depths, well explained, no cons about it for me. +1 (:<3.
1
[-]
Lilith (1) | April 1, 2012 10:19am
i thanks!!*-* i published your guide ahahahah XD
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 1, 2012 10:05am
@ Lilith

(url=http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/lulu-ahh-there-is-my-squirrel-support-build-196253)TEXT HERE(/url)

Remove the '( and )' And replace it with '[ and ] '
1
[-]
Lilith (1) | April 1, 2012 8:36am
i love lulu and this guide is great, i would like to put it (the guide) in my forum's signature :D how can i have to do? :D thx for risp ^^
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | April 1, 2012 4:47am
^ Thanks alot for your comment!
1
[-]
TheSavior (9) | April 1, 2012 2:19am
Good guide and well explained!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 5:01pm
@TyranoMike Ohh lol, gonna change that ASAP xD
1
[-]
TyranoMike | March 31, 2012 4:30pm
Hate to be that guy BUT...
Under Glitterlance where you say "Don't cast this spell to much on your enemy, it has a high mana cost."
It should be "too much on your enemy" :P
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | March 31, 2012 12:55pm
Minkey wrote:
@Gnoupi: Hmm, that might actually work leveling glitterlance when you're winning on lane and maxing help pix when you are not winning. Thanks for the feedback, might work on that :D


It really is a hard choice, though. With some champions and some builds, the choice is usually obvious to be optimal. Take an AD Tristana for example. You always start explosive rounds, then rocket jump, up until the ult. Only after you actually level rapid fire, which is her main way to deal damage, and you leave explosive rounds for the end. Because at the beginning she plays like an AP carry, and in the end like a crazy AD.

But for Lulu, it's really depending on the game. Of course you unlock all the skills by level 3, but after?
- Glitterlance: you increase the damage and reduce cooldown. But if you want to use it only for the slow, then it's useless to level it.
- Whimsy: the main reason to level it is to lower the cooldown. No damage, and the duration of the polymorph goes from 1.5 to 2.
- Help, pix!: levelling it early is actually a sane choice, as it increases both a defensive and offensive mechanism, as well as lowering the CD. It remains though a single target poke, if you use it aggressively, while a well aimed glitterlance can poke both for the same cost.

So it really depends.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 12:32pm
@Raver: The runes/items/masteries etc. that are in the main part are the ones I use. The alternative ones are for the people who DON'T like the one I use. If you want to switch them out go ahead :P

@Gnoupi: Hmm, that might actually work leveling glitterlance when you're winning on lane and maxing help pix when you are not winning. Thanks for the feedback, might work on that :D
1
[-]
Gnoupi (1) | March 31, 2012 12:31pm
Hm. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical of the Morello, at first. Finally, it delays your aura items a bit. Aegis, typically, is particularly good early on. Later, it is still helpful, but the effect is less important.

Note, I was playing Sona before Lulu, mostly with this guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sona-faceroll-support-77887 . So my runes and items were mostly based on this.

Having tried your build, with MR in runes and Morello in mid game, Lulu really seems to shine even better. The extra AP gives a nice boost to your abilities. Better shield, and also more threatening harassment. With this build you really see the difference between Sona and Lulu. Sona is much more about "giving a presence", protecting and harassing, but on a more "subtle" way. Lulu is really meant to be annoying, harassing, even where you are not (the joy of "help, pix" and the remote glitterlance).

(Though so far I tried it in games which went quite good. I have yet to see it in action when the bot lane is more annoying)

So I'm quite positive on this guide, though of course I would adapt the skill order to the situation. Maxing the shield is nice, but if the game goes more at your advantage, it would be nice to have two damaging skills, so levelling glitterlance alongside would be a good idea. (Without leaving Whimsy on side, though. Decreasing the cooldown on this one really makes a difference).
1
[-]
Raver (1) | March 31, 2012 12:21pm
I'm saying that I think the alt runes and the main runes should be switched. The alternative runes fit lulu so much more than defensive runes you mainly use

The 9 points in masteries should be in utility. I would rather rely on runes to get health whereas the scout mastery is invaluble as well as increasing your starting gold in wealth which lets you grab more stuff in the beginning. Maxing swiftness is also incredibly useful in the laning phases and you won't need to use MS runes.

Also i said possibly. 98% of the time, I don't even use health per level runes, the runes I use most of the time are gold gen, cool down, and mana regen. Anything defensive I believe is a waste. Those can be obtained in game with the gold generated by your runes.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 10:44am
^ I don't get it, all the things you said are included in my guide. Im focusing on CDR gold regen and health runes/health items. You said 'the only defensive runes i woul possibly go for is health per level'. Well, why wasting that on runes while you can do this with your masteries?
1
[-]
Raver (1) | March 31, 2012 9:54am
I disagree on your runes and mastery choices, you're better off putting 99% of masteries into Utility and focusing on CDR, gold gen, and health runes

Like most support champions, lulu is squishy, that means she dies fast. Learning how to position oneself correctly is much more important than putting in defensive masteries. If the player is good at positioning, then the defensive masteries and runes are a waste, better off getting more gold masteries and runes as well as filling up the utility tree. The only defensive runes I would possibly go for is health per level so that at the end of the game, you can keep up with your team and the enemy team
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 9:45am
Redshaid wrote:

Could use a little more detail here and there, but overall very solid. Maybe add a section about gameplay/other playstyles as well.

Ye i know, already increased the item section by a huge amount and gonna ad early/mid/late game section for sure. Thanks for your feedback!
1
[-]
Redshaid | March 31, 2012 9:38am
Could use a little more detail here and there, but overall very solid. Maybe add a section about gameplay/other playstyles as well.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 8:48am
^ might be adding those into the alternative rune section
1
[-]
uwontprevail (4) | March 31, 2012 7:59am
Quints of avarice is better than fort imo.
That extra gp5 is amazing, especially with your philosophers stone.

Lulu is evasive enough, and those quints aren't really that useful.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 31, 2012 4:53am
^ Haha you are right ;) 75% already again :D

@A Chubby Baby: Im not so good in making columns so thats why i did it like this :P Thanks for the review and I will work on my guide today because i have to change some stuff^^

@Kiimochii: Thanks for the vote! I'll check your lux guide out when i have time ;)
1
[-]
BlackIceT (182) | March 31, 2012 3:23am
See I told you you would get your score up again :) Screw those pesky trollvoters lol.
1
[-]
Kiimochii (4) | March 31, 2012 1:52am
Love it! Can't wait till its finished!.
Check out my lux guide too! :D
1
[-]
A Chubby Baby (290) | March 31, 2012 1:15am
good guide

something i wanna talk about in your intro is that, obviously downvoting without any reason is a trollvote. you dun really have to say that you consider them, cuz i do too XD. for your build, i dont see why you get a morello's evil tome still. maybe some more explanation will be needed. for your pros/cons chapter, put that in the columns section. for your mastery section, you might as well also add in a screenshot of the mastery tree or use mobafire's mastery tree planner. you have some good layout and all, just some fixes i think you should make. dont really think you should mention its not done, cuz like before, thats just a reason someone might downvote you XD.

keep up the good work~
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 8:02pm
^ That is good to hear, im gonna go to bed now its 05:01 in the night which is way to late :P Im gonna change some things about this guide, especially the item section ;) Also gonna change it for ma fiora guide.
1
[-]
Jpikachu1999 (151) | March 30, 2012 6:57pm
BlackIceT wrote:

I play solo Q also JPickachu but luckily I get the solo top role all the time or mid. So I rarely support, but like I said I do play Karma from time to time.

Sadly with all new champions this **** will happen as people think that their build/guide is the best out there even if it has no detail or anything. It is a sad day that all this work gets put to waste as we all know people will only look at the #1 or #2 guides the majority of the time. You are definitely lucky though that you are still number 1 so maybe people will see this and upvote you some more.

Your guide will get higher during the next couple of days.

Also I think the voting system needs to be changed a tad bit. For example if you get 3 upvotes you are at 65% rating. But the first downvote will leave you back at 59%. The next upvote only gets you to 63% at that point. The more upvotes you get should determine the weight that the next downvote will impact you. SO if you get to 65% in 3 votes the first downvote should only bring you to 62% instead of 59% because clearly you did something right to get that many upvotes. It is just an idea of course.


I ask for Top/Mid/Jungle every game, but usually get stuck support. Or worse, AD bot, as I am pretty bad at AD bot unless I get fed. Then I steamrolll :P

From what I understand from the Bayesian average, it's supposed to be that more votes = each vote is worth less, however, I can see that Mobafire maybe keeps upvotes and downvotes in separate counters. Thus, if you had 100 upvotes and 0 downvotes, 1 downvote would equal more than it should. Or they might keep them separate and average out it's "weight" from "weight" in total votes - "weight" in downvotes. Dunno.

@Minkey

Ok, so I used this guide in a ranked game, and my team lost. Not because of the guide though! Or bot lane for that matter! Our Ryze ended up 1/6/1, and Dr. Mundo ended up 0/6/3. This led to Brand and Graves getting fed (figures, their carries get ged >.>), so we instantly lose.

I would like to bring something up though. I believe that leveling up Help, Pix! is best against a bot lane that has a bunch of poke. I also think that leveling up Whimsy or Glitterlance is better for against a normal lane, such as Tristana, or Vayne.

The point is, the guide works.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:53pm
Fulundry wrote:

Best Lulu guide I've seen yet. I know it's under construction, but the only criticisms I'd really have are expanded sections that I'm sure you're working on. Easy to read, good info, nice guide.

Thanks! I'll check your guide out when i got time, im going to bed now! ;P also, i will expand section ofcourse but like you and i said: Im working on it ;P
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:52pm
^ Thanks alot and np, if you'll upvote as you said it wont be such a deal :P I will keep updating the guide ofcourse!
1
[-]
BritishDalek (11) | March 30, 2012 5:46pm
Hey man looking over your lulu guide I really like what you've done with her... Also after reading the comments no it was not me trolling your guide... I looked at the account and messaged him , apparently he is one of the fans of my build, he did this to another persons account in order to keep mine up so he could see it. I really am sorry about that, I do really like the guide however. When I play a support lulu (which I don't usually do) I've been trying all the builds on here. Yours worked very well and I like the evil tome it gives enough ability to poke and great cd. I personally always max glitterlance first but help pix is very good to max also. So anyway sorry about the troll I will upvote this guide as soon as I can. I really like the ward map its very indepth and being bad at placing wards I need to know where they go. Anyway all in all a very good solid guide. Great work :D
1
[-]
Fulundry (68) | March 30, 2012 5:33pm
Best Lulu guide I've seen yet. I know it's under construction, but the only criticisms I'd really have are expanded sections that I'm sure you're working on. Easy to read, good info, nice guide.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:22pm
Thanks ;o
1
[-]
DarkSplaze (6) | March 30, 2012 5:20pm
Minkey wrote:

Nah, i'll keep mine up just like i did with my fiora guide. It got 500k+ views right now with a 79% rating which is good enough for me.

Oh very nice! Ill go upvote it :) Alright then, good luck! I'll see how the next few days go and i might let mine back out. Good luck!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:19pm
Nah, i'll keep mine up just like i did with my fiora guide. It got 500k+ views right now with a 79% rating which is good enough for me.
1
[-]
DarkSplaze (6) | March 30, 2012 5:17pm
Oh and i suggest we both archive ours for now I think. We can probably share top that way, it might be too late for mine but maybe not yours! I can only see downvotes from trolls to come :( Im probably going to let mine out again when the next champ rolls around. Your decision though, good luck!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:17pm
^ Thanks alot ;o
1
[-]
DarkSplaze (6) | March 30, 2012 5:16pm
As promised, here's my upvote :) Good luck!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:13pm
^ Thanks, i guess ;o Waiting for it! :D If it was you trollvoting my guide with the other account please upvote it rather then downvoting it, downvotes remove SO much %.
1
[-]
DarkSplaze (6) | March 30, 2012 5:07pm
o_O. I dunno how that happened but im still not home and yes, I am going to actually upvote your guide! Iv been debating on just getting rid of mine, 90 votes later at a 65% isnt worth it imo. This site, as I suggested in the forums, needs a new voting system. They tried the 4 day thing but people switched their guides to different champs and the decent guides lost a lot of votes. I brought it up to the attention of admins but nothing :( Iv also gotten troll voted soooooooooooo much, it sucks i know. I know how it feels, i wouldnt do it to you as I wouldnt want it done to myself. Honestly just waiting for the bus and once i get proper wifi and a decent computer, yes your guide will be upvoted :)

EDIT: Actually, im going to archive mine for now. Use it for personal and for my friends :) Good luck sir, wait for my upvote :)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 5:01pm
^ Ye i know, i really hope it does.
1
[-]
BlackIceT (182) | March 30, 2012 4:58pm
I play solo Q also JPickachu but luckily I get the solo top role all the time or mid. So I rarely support, but like I said I do play Karma from time to time.

Sadly with all new champions this **** will happen as people think that their build/guide is the best out there even if it has no detail or anything. It is a sad day that all this work gets put to waste as we all know people will only look at the #1 or #2 guides the majority of the time. You are definitely lucky though that you are still number 1 so maybe people will see this and upvote you some more.

Your guide will get higher during the next couple of days.

Also I think the voting system needs to be changed a tad bit. For example if you get 3 upvotes you are at 65% rating. But the first downvote will leave you back at 59%. The next upvote only gets you to 63% at that point. The more upvotes you get should determine the weight that the next downvote will impact you. SO if you get to 65% in 3 votes the first downvote should only bring you to 62% instead of 59% because clearly you did something right to get that many upvotes. It is just an idea of course.
1
[-]
Jpikachu1999 (151) | March 30, 2012 4:46pm
Minkey wrote:

Well, my fiora guide got the first place while i released it 5 days after she got released, i agree with you about pathetic lulu guide owners, its ****ing annoying. Also the rate system is way out of balance... 3 downvotes going from 79% to 67%... thats way to much if you ask me.


It's not that out of balance, as the less votes you have the more "weight" they have. Thus, 3 votes can equal 12% at 14~ votes, but at 240+ votes, it equals maybe 1%. It's how most polls work, more votes equals less % per vote, less votes equals more.

Still, kinda sucks you got downvotes, but hey, what do you expect? There are some people in this world that have nothing else to do, and don't really think, or they do think and are just sadistic etc.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 4:40pm
Well, my fiora guide got the first place while i released it 5 days after she got released, i agree with you about pathetic lulu guide owners, its ****ing annoying. Also the rate system is way out of balance... 3 downvotes going from 79% to 67%... thats way to much if you ask me.
1
[-]
MajorLoL (114) | March 30, 2012 4:37pm
I really wish you hadn't put this guide out so early, same goes for DarkSplaze. Pathetic Lulu guide owners feel the need to keep better guides down. I did that with Nautilus and I ended up archiving it. Don't expect the guide to go anywhere. If it get's anywhere above 70%, people take notice and bring you down in futile attempts to get theirs higher. Look at Kongo22's recent activity for example. I want this guide to get higher but honestly I can't see it going anywhere like this.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 4:37pm
DarkSplaze wrote:

I really like your guide! I cant upvote on this phone for some reason (stupid HTC's) but when i get home id glady upvote your guide :) I like how indepth you are in the item section, keep up the good work!

Thanks alot, i'll be waiting for your upvote, i'll need it for sure because i just go downvoted 3 times in a row in 10 minutes... Trollvoter with some friends alert is ringing
1
[-]
DarkSplaze (6) | March 30, 2012 4:33pm
I really like your guide! I cant upvote on this phone for some reason (stupid HTC's) but when i get home id glady upvote your guide :) I like how indepth you are in the item section, keep up the good work!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 4:33pm
wowow.. whats going on.. 3 downvotes with almost the same text in 10 minutes.. Am i facerolled by downvotes by the same guy? 3 downvotes got me from 79% to 67% well thanks a****inglot *_*
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 4:31pm
^ Seriously? You just said it yourself: 'I understand the guide is is a work in progress' but still your downvoting, just dont vote at all then. Scumbag trollvoters
1
[-]
rumblin | March 30, 2012 4:30pm
I really dont agree with the runes or having glitterlance last as maxing it first/seccond does a lot more during the early game.
1
[-]
datoneguy | March 30, 2012 4:27pm
The items didn't work for me and I never got the score I was looking for :( as well, I understand the guide is a work in progress but voting on it now from what I see other guides do have more to offer :s
1
[-]
CasterMaster (316) | March 30, 2012 4:03pm
actually don't pm me. Just leave another request at the review store =P
1
[-]
CasterMaster (316) | March 30, 2012 4:03pm
No problem =) I'll be back for more. PM me if you update =)
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 4:00pm

I dislike the fact you would publish your guide without it being 90% complete first. The 10% should be used for improvements, however that's not part of the business. Let's get to business for the first guide reviewed:

1. Visual: It's quite pleasing to read, obviously readable. I'd say it could be a bit more "flashy" but it's enough for me. I'll give this section a 4/5.

2. Quality: Unfortunately, the quality of this guide isn't extremely great. Looks a BIT rushed, but its still information-friendly. I may have taken a different perspective with this guide! 3/4

3. Information: I think you just tipped this section. An important factor you missed is laning and team fights. We're not going to know what to do in those situations. Warding is a good thing and I think that slightly makes up. Maybe even include teamwork and positioning. These are very important for good guides. Looks like I'll give it a 4.5/6.

4. Grammar: I hardly have to go over this... 2/3

With the current points, I can say that you got a total of 13.5/18! It was slightly disappointing to read over it and I didn't feel too interested with it. However, I know it has potential to hit the top spots with a lot more effort. Good luck! +1



Thanks alot for the review and the vote. I know its not that much information yet and i agree with you i shouldn't publish it before it was done. I'll add some more section for sure about teamfights, teamwork etc. Again: Thanks alot for the review ;)
1
[-]
CasterMaster (316) | March 30, 2012 3:49pm
I dislike the fact you would publish your guide without it being 90% complete first. The 10% should be used for improvements, however that's not part of the business. Let's get to business for the first guide reviewed:

1. Visual: It's quite pleasing to read, obviously readable. I'd say it could be a bit more "flashy" but it's enough for me. I'll give this section a 4/5.

2. Quality: Unfortunately, the quality of this guide isn't extremely great. Looks a BIT rushed, but its still information-friendly. I may have taken a different perspective with this guide! 3/4

3. Information: I think you just tipped this section. An important factor you missed is laning and team fights. We're not going to know what to do in those situations. Warding is a good thing and I think that slightly makes up. Maybe even include teamwork and positioning. These are very important for good guides. Looks like I'll give it a 4.5/6.

4. Grammar: I hardly have to go over this... 2/3

With the current points, I can say that you got a total of 13.5/18! It was slightly disappointing to read over it and I didn't feel too interested with it. However, I know it has potential to hit the top spots with a lot more effort. Good luck! +1
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 3:44pm
^ Thanks alot, glad you liked it!!
1
[-]
Feede1 | March 30, 2012 3:33pm
i like it
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 3:27pm
Im probaly gonna remove the morellos evil tome with a deathfire grasp, its almost the same item and it will help you alot killing these high healthed champs by removing 30% of the max health instantly + the fact you'll get ANOTHER gold over time item, this combined with HoG and philosopher stone and greed mastery = 17gold/10 seconds = 102 gold per minute! This is absolutely insane and very much gold :p.
1
[-]
Jpikachu1999 (151) | March 30, 2012 3:16pm
Minkey wrote:

^ That's what i need, feedback!


I know this spell is very mana costly but the fact you can use it in a defensive/ofensive situation makes it really nice, if you wont spam this ability you wont notice any mana problems and if you notice them, just drink a Mana Potion. I just prefer having a shield with me which blocks some decent damage instead of a slow which takes 1 second longer then usual. Also dont forget the vision it gives, makes killing people much easier because your carry can actually see them running away in bushes. Glitterlance also has really high damage @ level 1 which makes it even hit hard without maxing it out first which is also a reason im not maxing this spell first. About Whimsy: I don't really think its the best skill to max out first because I feel useless early game when i cant deal damage at all + I prefer having a shield with 260 health instead of a shield having 60 health by level 9. Whimsys duration is also already pretty long @ level 1.



I agree with this. Im gonna change it and take those 2 points out and put them in [[awareness].



You are right about supports need to focus on utility and crowd control, the cdr on Morello's Evil Tome will help you alot with that (more shields, more squirrels, more movement speed, more heals with ulti etc). Also I like to keep my Heart of Gold as long as possible in my deck to gain ALOT of gold by just doing nothing and i prefer having Randuin's Omen on tanks instead of supports. Frozen Heart is a good idea and i will put this item in the alternative items for sure, thanks!



I'll put this in the situational items ;)



I actually didn't notice this spell sitting in the decent options.. Thanks for pointing that out.



This is pretty awkward.. gonna change that now ;3 Also thanks for pointing that out!



I might change that, first wanna test it out though.



Are you telling me i should put this in the tips/tricks section of this skill, because i will.



Gonna put it in the alternative items, as i said: Im still testing items out and its not done yet ;P Thanks!



That's the reason i put it in the alternative item section :P I will put the Rod of Ages in the alternative section, thanks AGAIN ;)



Thanks alot for your comment mate and i will surely edit some things in my guide, again: THANKS! ;)


Leveling Glitterlance is not really for the damage, it's for the utility of that super slow. 80% is almost like a snare.

Leveling Whimsy is for the lower cooldown mainly, as 18 secs at level 1 is pretty long.

Randuin's Omen builds out of a Heart of Gold, which is why I suggested it. Having it and removing Morello's Evil Tome, will give you 30% CDR, which is pretty good for all the other stats you have. It also has that active, which can save the lives of your carries, or simply slow down enemies in a chase.

About the suggestion BlackIceT gave you, again, you don't have to use exactly what I say, but in my guides, I usually split it up into "Magic Resist Items", "Health Items", "Armor Items" "Ability Power Items", etc. That way, if someone is looking for a situational item that has a certain stat, they can easily find it. You have to use t=your judgement about which ones fit best into which categories, for example, I usually would say something like Guardian Angel is in the armor items, because it gives more armor. Another suggestion is "Aura Items" (includes Shurelya's Reverie).

@BlackIceT & Minkey

I play in the horrors of Solo Q, so I am usually stuck with support. Thus, my (I wanna say unwillingly) expansive information concerning the role.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 3:15pm

you shouldn't need that many wards or health potions. Also turn off comments with ratings it will increase your rating from the mass number of votes. Just to standard for me.

ok mr i have another lulu guide and i like to downvote others :D
1
[-]
BritishTait | March 30, 2012 3:14pm
you shouldn't need that many wards or health potions. Also turn off comments with ratings it will increase your rating from the mass number of votes. Just to standard for me.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 1:54pm
Omg! Thanks for all the positive feedback! ;)

@Lilith, ye it makes your assist grow:P Glad you liked it.

@MajorLoL, That is actually a pretty good item and you'll get another 5g/10s extra which makes it 17g/10 with all items combined O_O Im gonna try that that :P

@SharpNazgul, Thanks for the upvote, glad you liked it mate! I will keep updating this guide ;)
1
[-]
Lilith (1) | March 30, 2012 1:45pm
ok i try and i found it beatifulllllllllllllllllll XD XD XD 15 assist wooooooooooow XD
1
[-]
SharpNazgul | March 30, 2012 1:17pm
^ :D
1
[-]
SharpNazgul | March 30, 2012 1:16pm
Looks pretty damn awesome! Never played Lulu, just came across this guide; and it looked very nice, good items for support, and so on :D

--Sharp
1
[-]
MajorLoL (114) | March 30, 2012 1:06pm
Well this isn't the review, someone else does that, however this guide looks nice, and I like the build too. One suggestion from me is instead of Morello's Evil Tome, Deathfire Grasp will help you do more damage for your team. It also basically gives the same amount of stats. Just a teensy bit less.
1
[-]
Lilith (1) | March 30, 2012 1:01pm
i try this guide and after i decide if doing a positive vote :D
1
[-]
BlackIceT (182) | March 30, 2012 12:54pm
Minkey wrote:

^ I might do that. You mean like a section with anti ap items and anti ad items and damage items etc etc. And thanks for the +1 vote, appreciate it. And yes.. 2 new champs both at top (for now). :P


Yeah that section. I did it for the newer players of [{Wukong]] so in-case they need those items they have an idea on where to stick them in the item build. Anything you make will most likely get a +1 from me. I think your Lulu one will stay here in the top 3 at least.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 12:49pm
^ I might do that. You mean like a section with anti ap items and anti ad items and damage items etc etc. And thanks for the +1 vote, appreciate it. And yes.. 2 new champs both at top (for now). :P
1
[-]
BlackIceT (182) | March 30, 2012 12:46pm
Another good guide indeed. Layout is very nice. May I suggest possibly adding an Item Sequence example for your alternate items so that people know the best place to insert them into the build? Look at my Wukong Alternate Items to see what I am talking about if what I said was unclear. I think it would make a great addition to your guide. It seems you have a great handle on brand new champions with top ratings in Fiora and Lulu great job. I will help as much as I can but I do not play support besides Karma so I am rather lost for what works best. Plus I do not think I can give long comments like JPickachu can.
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 12:26pm
^ Thanks both of you ;) Appreciate the feedback and im glad the build worked for you.
1
[-]
brutalbrutus (3) | March 30, 2012 12:20pm
Ej kerel... Ewm i mean hi dude,

I always use this guide. It made me play a lot bether with Lulu :)
With full build i am tanky, endless cooldown and i can support like hell =D

Your Fiora build is also great! I am looking forward to your next builds!

Btw: My Lulu is ready to pw0n all of you xd
1
[-]
IDontCare (3) | March 30, 2012 12:20pm
anhoter good build your fiora build was amzing and now this keep up the good work
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 12:15pm
^ Thanks alot! Edited that out
1
[-]
Fak3cz (16) | March 30, 2012 11:10am
great guide, simply +1
1
[-]
Fak3cz (16) | March 30, 2012 11:10am
great guide, simply +1

just fix this sentence (cons):
* She has no healing spell which makes it harder to play against haras champions.
into
"she has no healing ability on low cooldown (or no non-ultimate healing ability)....... champions"
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 10:41am
@ IceCreamy, i will be sure i'll ask a re-reviews when done adding all these things. Thanks alot for the feedback!

Already edited some of your points out.
And why adding columns in my spell section? It looks good like this right?:P About the locket of solari, i think its a rather good item giving your teammates a shield of 240 health, its like an aoe heal of 240 x 5 = 1200 which is actually pretty much ;P Gonna add some of your alternative items!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 10:39am
^ That's what i need, feedback!


Why Help, Pix! first? I know it's a decently strong shield, but it also becomes really expensive in mana cost, and it's main utility is putting Pix onto an ally. I dunno, I would think one point early on would be fine. I can understand leveling it up for the nuke, but that makes it very mana costly.

I know this spell is very mana costly but the fact you can use it in a defensive/ofensive situation makes it really nice, if you wont spam this ability you wont notice any mana problems and if you notice them, just drink a Mana Potion. I just prefer having a shield with me which blocks some decent damage instead of a slow which takes 1 second longer then usual. Also dont forget the vision it gives, makes killing people much easier because your carry can actually see them running away in bushes. Glitterlance also has really high damage @ level 1 which makes it even hit hard without maxing it out first which is also a reason im not maxing this spell first. About Whimsy: I don't really think its the best skill to max out first because I feel useless early game when i cant deal damage at all + I prefer having a shield with 260 health instead of a shield having 60 health by level 9. Whimsys duration is also already pretty long @ level 1.



I don't think Wealth is worth it. Sure, you can get one more Mana Potion at the start, but I tend to go Faerie Charm 3x Sight Wards and 2x Health Potions. It works pretty well for me. Also, as a support, you aren't getting any/much CS, so you don't get as much experience from killing creeps. Thus, I prefer Awareness .

I agree with this. Im gonna change it and take those 2 points out and put them in [[awareness].



Morello's Evil Tome? I guess it can work with the CDR, but I prefer either upgrading Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen, or getting a Frozen Heart. As a support, your focus is not really damage, it's utility and crowd control. Thus, being able to tank damage as well makes you extremely useful.

You are right about supports need to focus on utility and crowd control, the cdr on Morello's Evil Tome will help you alot with that (more shields, more squirrels, more movement speed, more heals with ulti etc). Also I like to keep my Heart of Gold as long as possible in my deck to gain ALOT of gold by just doing nothing and i prefer having Randuin's Omen on tanks instead of supports. Frozen Heart is a good idea and i will put this item in the alternative items for sure, thanks!



I really like taking Kage's Lucky Pick after my boots and other 2 GP/10 items. It makes the gold flow really well. You sell it later obviously.

I'll put this in the situational items ;)



Heal is better than Ignite on any support in my opinion. Since it's buff, it's quite powerful, and it's extremely useful on supports like Janna and Lulu who have no heals other than their ults.

I actually didn't notice this spell sitting in the decent options.. Thanks for pointing that out.



In your runes section you list Greater Mark of Desolation as the marks you use, when you in fact use Greater Mark of Magic Penetration.

This is pretty awkward.. gonna change that now ;3 Also thanks for pointing that out!



9/0/21 is useable, I just like going 0/9/21 for the points in Durability and Veteran's Scars . Personal preference.

I might change that, first wanna test it out though.



Waiting until after your tank has initiated into a fight to use Wild Growth can turn the tide of the fight, as it means everybody on the other team is knocked up and slowed. Wild Growth heals an ally if they are below 100% health.

Are you telling me i should put this in the tips/tricks section of this skill, because i will.



Boots of Mobility are always an option on supports, as they are the most likely to roam. I pick them up fairly often when I'm doing well, as it allows me to help my allies and get to objectives faster.

Gonna put it in the alternative items, as i said: Im still testing items out and its not done yet ;P Thanks!



Rylai's Crystal Scepter only applies on spell damage, so it doesn't apply on Whimsy. It only applies on Glitterlance, which is multi target so it's only 15% slow, while it already gives an 80% slow, and Help, Pix!, which is mainly used for shielding. It's not really worth it, and I think Rod of Ages would be a better pick if you wanted bulkiness, as it gives you AP, a ton of health, and quite a bit of mana.

That's the reason i put it in the alternative item section :P I will put the Rod of Ages in the alternative section, thanks AGAIN ;)



Thanks alot for your comment mate and i will surely edit some things in my guide, again: THANKS! ;)
1
[-]
IceCreamy (447) | March 30, 2012 10:20am
Before starting, I must note I have not quite gotten to the point where I think I fully understand Lulu. Anyhow:

+ Tips and Tricks near abilities is always good!
+ Looks pretty good

- Probably better to start with Faerie Charm, Sight Ward x2 and Vision Ward. Pretty standard on any support.
- I find Locket of the Iron Solari pretty... meh.
- Use columns in your Summoner Spell section! :)
- Items + masteries = 45 % CDR. I recommend taking the 9 points from the Offense tree, and putting them into the Defense tree.
- Other item options: Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Rod of Ages, Rabadon's Deathcap, Banshee's Veil, Ninja Tabi.
- I am unsure about the skill order, so I will not give any tips on that.
- Awareness is a pretty good mastery for supports. I recommend taking it.
- How about adding some info about AP Lulu, AD Lulu and jungle Lulu? Try to be as complete as possible in guides :)

So far my tips, over to my ratings:

Appearance: 7/10
Cheat Sheet: 6/10
Contents: 6/10

Leaving you with an overall mark of a 6,3! Congrats with your upvote, and good luck with improving your guide (as you said, it is still under construction). Please, don't hesitate to ask for a re-review later ^^
1
[-]
Jpikachu1999 (151) | March 30, 2012 9:38am
A new guide!

Why Help, Pix! first? I know it's a decently strong shield, but it also becomes really expensive in mana cost, and it's main utility is putting Pix onto an ally. I dunno, I would think one point early on would be fine. I can understand leveling it up for the nuke, but that makes it very mana costly.

If you want poke and harassment, I would level up Glitterlance. I also would suggest getting it to rank 2 or 3 early on, to help your jungler gank. What are your thoughts on maxing Whimsy first? I personally find Lulu to be a very agressive support, and turning someone into a squirrel for 2.5 seconds is pretty powerful.

I don't think Wealth is worth it. Sure, you can get one more Mana Potion at the start, but I tend to go Faerie Charm 3x Sight Wards and 2x Health Potions. It works pretty well for me. Also, as a support, you aren't getting any/much CS, so you don't get as much experience from killing creeps. Thus, I prefer Awareness .

Morello's Evil Tome? I guess it can work with the CDR, but I prefer either upgrading Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen, or getting a Frozen Heart. As a support, your focus is not really damage, it's utility and crowd control. Thus, being able to tank damage as well makes you extremely useful.

I really like taking Kage's Lucky Pick after my boots and other 2 GP/10 items. It makes the gold flow really well. You sell it later obviously.

Heal is better than Ignite on any support in my opinion. Since it's buff, it's quite powerful, and it's extremely useful on supports like Janna and Lulu who have no heals other than their ults.

In your runes section you list Greater Mark of Desolation as the marks you use, when you in fact use Greater Mark of Magic Penetration.

9/0/21 is useable, I just like going 0/9/21 for the points in Durability and Veteran's Scars . Personal preference.

Waiting until after your tank has initiated into a fight to use Wild Growth can turn the tide of the fight, as it means everybody on the other team is knocked up and slowed. Wild Growth heals an ally if they are below 100% health.

Boots of Mobility are always an option on supports, as they are the most likely to roam. I pick them up fairly often when I'm doing well, as it allows me to help my allies and get to objectives faster.

Rylai's Crystal Scepter only applies on spell damage, so it doesn't apply on Whimsy. It only applies on Glitterlance, which is multi target so it's only 15% slow, while it already gives an 80% slow, and Help, Pix!, which is mainly used for shielding. It's not really worth it, and I think Rod of Ages would be a better pick if you wanted bulkiness, as it gives you AP, a ton of health, and quite a bit of mana.

Again, Randuin's Omen is another viable option in my opinion.

I think that's all I have, good luck on the rest of your guide!
1
[-]
Minkey (78) | March 30, 2012 8:51am
Hope you guys like it^^ Remember: This guide isnt done yet.