Lulu Build Guide by TomKai
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Take in Note!
Please comment - and if you can like this guide as I would loooovveee for this to be a top Lulu guide.
Please also take in mind when you comment that this is a build for begginer Suport Lulu's and not AP Bursts
Hello this is an official ATB (All Time Blow) build. This build has only been tested a few times, (if you try this build and have feedback about what to change, and what's good please tell me - comment). I play support sometimes for my team and i must say this character IS the best support. (I normally play jungle or AD carry - Check my AP Jungle Shaco build)
+15 ability power
+5 mana regeneration
+20 magic penetration
Unique: Enhanced Movement 2
+20 ability power
Unique: Your champion gains 8 ability power per stack, receiving 2 stacks for a kill or 1 stack for an assist. This effect can stack 20 times; you lose a third of your stacks if you die. At 20 stacks, your champion gains 15% cooldown reduction.
+24 magic resistance
Unique: Nearby allied champions gain +12 armor, +15 magic resist, and +8 attack damage. (1200 range)
+30 health regeneration
+15 mana regeneration
Unique: +15% cooldown reduction
Unique: Nearby champions gain 40% movement speed for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown). (600 range)
+140 ability power
Unique: +30% ability power
Why I Picked the Items
Dorans Ring - I picked this item as it gives you MP regeneration a must start game along with AP boosts and HP so you aren't as squishy.
Sorcerer's Boots - Just for the speed t run away so you aren't killed and for some magic penetration so some of your attacks actually deal more damage.
Mejai's SoulStealer - Cheap and GREAT AP start game as Lulu should be gaining alot of assists - Better than Sona *cough cough*
Aegis and Shurlyas - Why? SImply becase of the armor and HP it gives you. Also the PASSIVE AURA it gives people in your team - giving them buffs.
Rabadons Death Cap - Finally because of it's passive and it's pure AP out put it gives, which will help on your Q and E.
- Flash for flashing over walls to escape, and flashing into team fights to pop her spells and supporting spells.
- Heal, for healing allies near and around you so they don't die and so you don't die. This is especially good start game, mid game and late handy isn't it?
Defense - For high HP Regeneration so you gain more hp over time - more farming in lane. More armour and magic resist so champs dont deal as much and 15% more healing done to you!
Utility - For more mp regen so you don't run out and lose exp by going back. More mana, gaining more gold by assists (assists are eaaaaasy to get as Lulu just spamm popping all your skills - espcially Help,Pix your E as that goes to another player and starts attacking - as you should know already) and more running speed for escaping.
- For some major cool-downs so your techniques don't take so long to cool-down so you can spam your support techniques.
- So you can stay in lane for much longer than other champions using MP Regeneration runes.
- This greater seal is used so you have a advantage in mana start game.
- All these must-have support mage runes aren't complete with actual AP runes. This should give you a HUGE advantage start game against laning opponents.
- Pix, Faerie Companion is a passive ability that fires three projectiles towards Lulu's target whenever she autoattacks. If Pix is on an allied champion from using Help, Pix!, then Pix will assist that champion's autoattacks instead of Lulu's for the duration. The projectiles fire by Pix will home in on the target, but can be intercepted by other units.
- (Active): Lulu and Pix each fire a piercing bolt dealing magic damage, slowing enemies hit by 80% for a short duration. An enemy can only be damaged by one bolt.
■ Cooldown: 7 seconds
■ Range: 925
- (Active) – On ally cast: Target ally gains 35% movement speed and bonus ability power for 5 seconds.
(Active) – On enemy cast: Polymorphs an enemy champion for a short duration, disabling their ability to attack or cast spells and reducing their base movement speed by 60.
■ Range: 650
- (Active) – On ally cast: Commands Pix to jump to an ally and then follow and aid their attacks instead of Lulu's for 6 seconds. Upon arrival, Pix shields them for 6 seconds.
(Active) – On enemy cast: Pix deals magic damage to target enemy unit. Pix then follows and grants vision of them for 6 seconds.
■ Cooldown: 10 seconds
■ Range: 650
- Lulu enlarges an ally, knocking enemies away from them and granting them a large amount of bonus health. For the next 7 seconds, that ally gains an aura that slows all nearby enemies.
■ Cost: 150 mana
■ Range: 900
Supporting and Team Work
This is how Lulu is the best support.
With her E (Help, Pix) she can put her fairy on a team member giving them a shield with Pix (Lulu's fairy) Helping them attack. No matter how much times Pix attacks this gives you an assist and if used on an opponent makes the enemy a ward.
Or with her W (Whimsy) she can speed up and buff Team members ; thus if your ally champion attacks giving more assists.
And lastly her R, which enlarges a friend knocking enemies away dealing damage. This is great in a team fight AGAIN giving more assists ; if your team scores a pentakill and luckily you hit them with your ult, guess what? 5 B-E-A-U-TIFUL Assists.
I havent actually ever played her in a ranked game - so please comment on how it goes XD Sorry if this guide confused you (THATS WHY I ADDED A QUESTION MARK :D). But please still read this as it is EXTRREEEEMMMLLLLY effective during normal games.
Anyways for playing in ranked what everyone should know -
.Always lane at bottom (your a support)
.Always stay behind in team fights
.Always pop your Help,Pix (E) on AD Carries and not useless noobs, or on tanks
.Never take mid unless your the AP Burst - Not what this build is intended for
In summary I still stand with my statement that Lulu is one of the best supports - no let me rephrase that IS THE BEST SUPPORT you cna have, setting up shields, giving you helpers (Pix), buffing in size,and finallymovement speed increase!
Random Vids of People Playing
I have not actually watched these yet nor Did I actually play in these games please take that to note - But i really hope this gives you a grasp of how to play her? maybe?
- Has no commentary? (Its talking bout his/hers first impression.. probably does?)
- Has commentary and impressions of the new champion.
Will Post Videos of me Actually Playing Lulu Soon Along with some of my AWESOME scores. Stay in touch :D
Lulu the Fae Sorceress : LORE
Perhaps more than any other champion in the League, Lulu marches to the beat of her own drum. During her youth in Bandle City, she spent most of her time wandering alone in the forest or lost in a daydream. It wasn’t that she was antisocial; the day-to-day bustle of Bandle City just couldn’t compete with the vibrant world of her imagination. She saw wonder in places most people overlooked. This was how she found Pix, a fae spirit, pretending to be stuck in a birdhouse. Lulu’s imagination distinguished her to Pix, and he seized the opportunity to lure her into his life. He brought her to the Glade, the enchanted home of the fae, which lay nestled in a clearing in the woods. There the rigid properties of the outside world - things like size and color - changed as frequently and whimsically as the direction of the wind. Lulu felt at home in the Glade and she lingered there with Pix, fascinated by this secret place.
She quickly lost track of time. Her life in the Glade was comfortable, natural. She and Pix played fae games together, the sorts of games that she had been told were “only pretend,” and she got exceedingly good at them. It caught her by surprise when she suddenly remembered that she had left a life behind in Bandle City. The Glade had a way of making everything outside seem distant and surreal. Lulu decided to revisit her former home, to share some of the lovely things she’d learned, but when she and Pix returned the world had changed. Time, she discovered, was another property that behaved differently in the Glade, and centuries had passed while she was away. Lulu sought to reconnect to the residents of the outside world, but her attempt had unfortunate results. She led all the children off to play hide and seek, temporarily changing them into flowers and animals to spice up the game, but their parents didn’t appreciate her efforts. When the yordles insisted that she leave their land, she turned to a vibrant, magic place where those with unusual gifts were not just accepted but adored: the League of Legends.
"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."