Lulu Build Guide by Loqua
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys, this is my Lulu guide.
I think she is an extremely fun to play champion with a very solid skill set that allows her to escape, deal damage, and bring heaps of utility to your team as an AP carry.
The amount of times people have queue dodged because I picked Lulu to mid is incredible, join me in showing them how much of a powerful carry Lulu is.
Pros / Cons
+ Insane Damage.
+ Lots of utility.
+ Great harass techniques.
+ Hard to counter pick.
+ Fun to play.
- Focused in team fights.
- Weak when on cooldown.
- Hard to get early creeps kills.
- Tiny mana pool.
- Sounds really silly.
For my masteries I chose
Offensive - 23
Summoner’s wrath For bonus AP when ignite is on CD.
Mental Force For AP of course.
Butcher To help with last hitting.
Sorcery Without your abilities you’re a weak champ.
Arcane Knowledge Magic pen to help you take down those with MR runes or items.
Havoc For damage.
Blast More AP.
Archmage Even more AP!
Executioner To finish off the tree.
Utility – 7
Summoner’s Insight Reducing flash cooldown.
Expanded Mind Increase your tiny mana pool.
Meditation To maintain mana in your tiny mana pool.
This allows me to focus on winning my lane through harass, creeps and sustain, and if you win your lane, you’re on the right track toward winning the game.
- Greater Quintessence of Ability Power: The extra AP to destroy your opposition mid.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: To counter any MR runes, masteries or items.
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power: The extra AP to destroy you opposition mid.
- greater seal of replenishment: The mana regeneration to win the harass in your lane.
Flash: Awesome escape to get out of sticky situations.
Ignite: Allows you to finish off enemies that are low, and counters major heals, like Dr. Mundos' ultimate.
Ghost: Some people prefer Ghost over Flash, if you are one of them, take Ghost.
Skill Sequence and Explanation
Clearly, you get your Wild Growth as often as possible, followed by Glitterlance as much as you can, this is your main damage ability.
Next priority is your Help, Pix!, this allows you to get trick Glitterlance's and deals moderate damage.
Whimsy is last because it deals no damage, bringing only utility to the table, and as the AP carry of the team, it is your job to deal damage, making this the lowest priority.
- Pix, Faeri Companion: This makes your auto attacks deal extra damage from pix's location, this damage can be avoided by putting something between pix and your target.
- Glitterlance (Q): Your main damage ability, shoots two skill shots from yourself and Pix dealing heaps of damage. Enemy champions can only be hit once, meaning you can aim from pix rather than your self, especially useful if Pix is at an enemy because of Help, Pix!
- Whimsy (W): When cast on yourself you gain move speed and AP, which makes it good for landing your other abilities. When cast on enemies it turns them into a harmless critter, reducing move speed.
- Help, Pix! (E): Makes Pix go to another unit, allowing you to use your Glitterlance ability from a different angle, still dealing full damage with it, shields friendly targets and damages enemy targets when placed upon them.
- Wild Growth (R): Can be placed on a friendly hero or yourself, granting temporary health and a slowing aura. If an enemy (hero or minion) is in melee range then they are knocked up.
Laning Phase and Counterpicks
At level one, you cannot aim your Glitterlances as easy, because you don't have your Help, Pix!, which gives you sight of your target and allows you to aim from right beside your enemy. So for the first level, focus on last hits, this allows you to get items later. When you hit two, instantly put Pix on your opponent. Then put a Glitterlance through them. continue this till they're roughly at about three bars, then auto attack once or twice, ignite then Help, Pix!, let them walk away, thinking they got away with no health, once they reach their turret, or whenever you feel like, Glitterlance them.
Rinse and repeat using your Whimsy to get Help, Pix! on your opponent to Glitterlance, and using your Wild Growth to knock up inbetween cool downs on Glitterlance and Help, Pix!
Important: Your Glitterlance only ever lands once on enemy champs, so don't worry if you miss one of them, just land the one from Pix!
There aren't many champions I've played against as Lulu and had trouble with, that being said there are many champions I havent laned against as Lulu.
The main counter pick
- Vladamir endless harass and sustain, you wont win unless he's bad.
Other counter picks
- Brand Longer range, more burst.
- Annie Same as above.
Your main job is to use your utility spells to set up ganks and win team fights, dealing damage inbetween, the main point of this is to get gold so that you can grab morellos evil tome and Lich Bane. Remember to use all your abilities defensively as well as offensively.
Glitterlance deals damage and has a massive slow, use it to help friends escape chasing enemies, or to of course get cause kills.
Whimsy make a player useless for a long portion of a team fight, use it on their tanks, this allows you to kill their carries, or use on the carries themselves to allow you to deal free damage to them.
Help, Pix! is useful to block turret attacks or to put on minions to harass people under turrets, experiment with ways to use this ability to set up harassment opportunities.
Wild Growth allows your tanks to tank for longer, or even allows your squishies to tank, it also can prevent people from getting away from your tanks, which can kill enemy carries, and if timed and positioned well can knock them up too.
Use the difference uses of your skills to their full potential to defeat your enemies and help your team.
Everyone has farmed their builds and its a even match... theres not really i can tell you to do, you deal heaps of damage yet they're tanky enough to soak it, you're a mid game champion, and late game you deal moderate damage, but you fill a support role better. Try win before now, this is your falling off zone. You will be able to cause great team fights still because of your utility, but it's just the same as having another support who deals a bit more damage.
So all in all, Lulu is a great AP mage, who can mid, or even top if you're daring. You provide much damage and utility for your team and you can be valuable to any team comp.
Thanks for reading my guide, I spent a lot of time and effort on it and hope you enjoyed it. please post any feed back or ideas to add to my guide, everything always helps to improve my game play and of course, everyone who reads this guide's game too.
Feel welcome to leave any questions or requests as well.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
It helped me so much and I am forever grateful.
Also planning to add another chapter with situational items, i didnt include it because i wanted the initial guide up to see what people thought before i put some more time into it.