Lux Build Guide by Nekolike
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys.At first i have to say that i'm german. So maybe my english won't be that good at some points. :)
This is my first Lux Guide.
Lux was one of my first chars. And i liked her for the first Shot.
Lux is a high damage caster with one of the best ranges. You can destroy a char before he can come to you.Maybe he wont see you, just your skills. If she's wellplaying no one will come on her or see her, only a huge light & the death.
Pros / Cons
+ High Burst Damage
+ Two CC
+ Can cage two with one Skill
+ Can deal ~500 damage with an Autohit!
- Really Squishy
- Requieres Skill for her skills
- Once you get CC'd you're useless
- No well-looking skin :(
9 Points = Extra Dmg
0 Points = Useless
21 Points = Cd-Reduction & Bonus time on buff
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- More MPen = More Damage.
- An oom mage is useless.
- More Damage.
- More Damage.
With those runes you'll never get out of mana (oom) & you can deal good damage without an item.
You need to be fast in Dominion
A must have in this mode
If you'll get in trouble you need to get out of there
And a focused mage is also useless
Also a good spell
But imo mobillity is more usefell in Dominion
- This is lux passiv. Imo it's an awesome Passiv 'cause you can deal even with an autohit good damage. And if you use your spells in combination you get extremly stron. Skill -> Autohit -> Skill -> Autohit = Kill (:
- Okay it's not as good as a stun. But you can cage two champs if you set it right. Perfect for an escape or it's also good to initiate a fight & make them easy to get.
- Another good spell if u know how to set him. It's another good Initiation skill cause your whole team can get a shield or it's also an awesome lifesaver against Reqiuem.
- So this is your Damagedealer. It's brilliant 'cause it deals Aoe (Area of effect) damage & can slow the enemies if you let them walk in it before you destroy it. It gots a really big range & "fly" very fast to the place where you set hit.
Finales Funkeln - Oh, what a surprise. Another Aoe? What the hell - 1vs5 and lux burned the whole Team down? Yes, if you are now really good with skill shots & enemies stand perfect this ult can hit everyone & deal 1/3 of their life. If you dont know how to place it good while enemy's walking -> Cage him & then ult. You cant fail.;)
l Point in Light Binding for your cage. The max Lucent Singularity for your damage. But set 1 Point in Prismatic Barrier at lvl 4! Everytime you get Finales Funkeln -> Skill it, cause you need more damage. Then max Lighting Binding for MOAR damage & at the end Prismatic Barrier for more survivabillity & to get the effect of Lich Bane if you've used your other skills yet. But remind - Wait 2 secs to get the effect again!
- Imo it's a really good starting item for this price. You get Mana Regen, Ap & Life. And you can also buy Boots of Speed
- You get more MPen, so you'll deal more Damage
- The Infinity Edge for casters. Need i say more?
- It's a harder version of your Passiv. But it stacks with your passiv! Skill = Illumination on enemy + Lich Bane effect on your autohit. Your enemies will think "What the hell. She's a caster, I'm the ad carry, why does she deal more damage with one autohit then me? -.-"
- And again. More MPen, it's beautifull isn't it?
- In generall i don't go this item. But the most players in Dominion will stack life like ****. So it's awesome if you can deal over 40% of their life with one item.
- - Your last item. If the Game needs really long, there'll be many Teamfights at the end. And if you get focused, just activate it & you are immortal. And you also light up, not only your skill or your hands with Lich Bane
Team Work / Teamfights
In Teamfights you stay really far away & use your full potenciall of your skills. If you come to close in this fight, enemies will come to you & eat you. So shot your skills from distance, shield your mates & try to get everyone with your Lucent Singularity & Finales Funkeln. So now how to use your Q. In my opinion it's really hard to set this right. Sure - You can just shot it anywhere and try to hit someone. But this isn't that usefull then you can set it perfect. So here some situations where to use it right.
- Situation 1 : An Enemiy Caster is one who can get away easy like Kassadin or LeBlanc. Shot them, cause if you don't do so, you just can cage someone else & they'll come back to Teamfight if they see you used your Q.
- Situation 2 : You know the enemy Caster will get CC'd or can't escape that easy go for the Ad Carry who got really good range like Kog'Maw or Caitlyn, or he can also escape easy like Tristana or Caitlyn. So your ad carry can focus them more easy.
- Situation 3 : The enemy caster will get CC'd and the caster isn't that good in Escape & Long range, go for those champs who can protect the carrys very good like Alistar with Headbutt or Janna with Monsoon.
- Situation 4 : 2 carries stand behind themself. Cage them both and it's gg, nothing more to say.
This is a really good guide for "How to make a guide". I don't know if you like my guide but i like him & think he's good for the first time.
So for all the one who want to make a guide but dont know how to : Go & have a look on this side. (: