Build Guide by OverzealousAxe
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi all, and thanks for reading my Lux build!
Quick explanation of the title. First, contrary to popular belief, Lux is not a support champion. She is no more support than Morgana. After analyzing their abilities and what lies at the heart of them, both champions work on a similar principle: snare, aoe, big damage ult, and a defensive shield. So, Lux really isn't a support champion, she just has one supportive ability like all good champions should.
Down to Business
Pros and Cons
- Large range on Lucent Singularity and Finales Funkeln
- Excellent farmer due to Lucent Singularity
- Lucent Singularity can be used to scout, as it provides sight
- Very helpful in team fights due to aoe abilities, slow, snare, shield, etc.
- Amazingly short cooldown on Finales Funkeln
- Burns through mana VERY quickly
- Fairly squishy without some sort of health-increasing items
- Relies on placement of abilities which can be hard to master at first
Clarity: As stated earlier, Lux burns through her mana very quickly, even late in the game due to her short cooldowns. Clarity helps to take the edge off of her mana thirst.
Ignite: I'm always a fan of ignite for getting that champion as they try to run from you. Extra free true damage is always nice to have, plus that healing debuff is extremely useful against champions like Warwick, Vladimir, Nidalee, etc.
- Ghost: useful for escapes/chases, though with the long range of Lux's abilities it usually isn't all that necessary.
- Cleanse: Any form of CC is terrifying since Lux is so squishy, especially early on. Cleanse is great if you find yourself getting caught a lot.
- Flash: Always nice. Pretty much self-explanatory why this one is nice.
Runes & Masteries
My basic goal with runes and masteries for Lux was to increase her damage and help to minimize the amount of time spent without mana. Go for enough in Offense to get Archaic Knowledge and the rest into Utility for some extra mana regen, cooldown reduction, and experience gain. Runes follow this same pattern - magic penetration, mana/5/lvl, and straight AP.
Playing as Lux
Lux is effective in both middle and side lanes equally. I prefer mid because I like getting my ult more quickly, but if you have someone else who wants it, it isn't a big deal to take a side lane.
Early game focus on farming/harassing with Lucent Singularity. I say both, because most people like to stand near their minions, so you can harass them as you farm really well. Alternate between Lucent Singularity and Light Binding with one point in Prismatic Barrier for the little bit of extra survivability it gives you.
When going for a kill (probably not until level 6 usually) you can initiate with either Lucent Singularity or Light Binding. If leading with Light Binding ensure to throw Lucent Singularity as well but wait to detonate it. Always take advantage of Lux's passive ability by hitting the enemy in between damaging spells. If leading with Lucent Singularity use it for the slow to ensure that you hit with Light Binding. Same tactics as before from there. Finish off with Finales Funkeln. With this combo, you can really nuke people quickly. Finish off with ignite if need be, though generally this is unnecessary.
Most people will tell you she's a carry, but give Lux a try and you will find for yourself that she is much, much more! Leave me some feedback please! And have fun!