Build Guide by yexussoldier
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Granite Shield - Malphite is shielded by a layer of rock which absorbs damage up to 10% of his maximum health. If Malphite has not been hit for 8 seconds, this effect recharges.
- You gotta love this passive! During early game it makes Malphite very hard to harras and kill. If your shield is down just go back for 10 seconds and the shield is up and running again.
Seismic Shard - Using his primal elemental magic, Malphite sends a shard of the earth through the ground at his foe, dealing damage upon impact and stealing movement speed for 6 seconds.
Deals 80/135/190/245/300 (+0.6) magic damage and steals 10/15/20/25/30% movement speed from the target for 5 seconds.
- I pick this ability first, because I want to harras my enemies right from the start of a game. It is really good for harrassing and chasing. Especially with Boots of Swiftness It does quite some damage, especially because I have 9x In teamfights you pop Unstoppable Force + Ground Slam first. Afterwards you pick a squishee target and shard them to death!
Brutal Strikes - Malphite hits with such excessive force he deals damage to units around his target. He can also call upon his strength to increase the damage he does for a short time.
Passive: Malphite's attacks hit units near his target for 30/35/40/45/50% of his attack damage.
Active: Malphite hits for 30/40/50/60/70% more damage for 6 seconds.
Cooldown - 20/20/20/20/20 seconds
Cost - 55/60/65/70/75 Mana
Range - 400
- This is a nice late-game ability. I usually pick it when I'm lvl 12 because I have some armor items at this point. It makes the ability way more effective. I'd rather go with shards and slam first, so I can harras and farm as good as possible. I normally use this after I've used Unstoppable Force + Ground Slam. Then I am ready to tank with the extra armor and for chasing with the extra damage.
Ground Slam - Malphite slams the ground sending out a shockwave that deals base damage plus half his armor as damage and reduces the attack speed of enemies for 4 seconds.
Malphite slams the ground dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% of his Armor) magic damage to surrounding enemies, reducing their attack speed by 30/35/40/45/50% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown - 8/8/8/8/8 seconds
Cost - 60/70/80/90/100 Mana
Range - 300
- This is such an important ability. It is excellent for farming, especially when you have Sunfire Cape. However it can also win teamfights. The Unstoppable Force + Ground Slam will deal about 800-1000 damage late-game. It also slows the enemies attack speed with 50% when max leveled. Therefore it is awesome against champions as Mr. Yi and Warwick. If you also have Randuin's Omen the team is slowed so bad, that you often win the teamfight, if the combo is performed well.
Unstoppable Force - Malphite ferociously charges to a location, damaging enemies and knocking them into the air.
Malphite charges towards the target area, dealing 200/300/400 (+1) magic damage and knocking enemies into the air for 1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
Cooldown - 140/125/110 seconds
Cost - 100/100/100 Mana
- This awesome ability is what makes Malphite my favourite champion. It is a very nice initiating spells. Combined with Ground Slam it also does a lot of damage late-game. You can take about 50% of the squishees HP with this combo. Combined with Randuin's Omen + Seismic Shard you have at least one kill guaranteed + your mates will kill the rest of the team, if you have some good teammates.