Malphite Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
Malphite Solo Top
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello fellow summoners and welcome to my guide of Malphite i'll be explaining how i play Malphite at solo top what runes i use masteries and what items i buy!:)
Pros / Cons
1. He has a passive Granite Shield that give him an amazing sustain and can tolerate a little bit poking the more health you build the more it takes to bring you passive down (i'm not telling you to get poked)
2. Malphite has a very good ultimate which is very usefull in team fights ganking or being ganked speaking of ultimate his uiltimate is also very nice to use as a escape tool (Ultimate Name Unstoppable Force)
3. Malphite get unbelievable much armor (he is after all a stone wall to most of your enemis)
4. Malphite has alot of CC (Crowd Control)
5. Malphite is a colossus himself
1. He is very dependent on mana
2. He can be counterd if someone know how to counter him
3. He can be very slow (depend on what boots you buy and upgrade)
4. He needs his ultimate to initate team fights mostly BUT you can make it without it but it oughta be harder since your ultimate is your team only hope to disable them for a couple of seconds and those couple of seconds is just what your team may need to win
1. Greater mark of magic Penetration what do i need that for?
Answer: Greater mark of magic Penetration will penetrate / break through your enemy(s) MR (Magic resistence) which mean that when you use a spell to initate a fight or 1v1 fight the enemy take more damage from the spell you recently used (Auto attack / Basic attack does not work since you'll have to trigger a spell to make it work so you break through)
2. Greater Seal of Armor what do i need that for?
Answer: Armor make's you take less damage from the AD Carry / Jungler it also reduced the damage taken from Auto Attacks when your being harmed
3. Greater glyph of scaling magic resist what do i need that for?
Answer: Well Greater glyph of scaling magic resist will secure you take less damage from the AP Carry but the good thing with the glyph is it give you more MR (Magic Resist) for each level when you have reached level 18 you'll notice you have a good amount of MR (Magic Resist) you shall end up with '' +24 Magic Resist at level 18
NB! notice i use 3 amor quintessence and 9 Seal of armor runes
Now to Masteries! The masteries i use are copied so here's the site to the masteries though i use a different item build: http://www.lolpro.com/guides/malphite/261-malphite-guide-top-lane-by-only-jaximus The Mastery page is mostly focused on being as tanky as possible and as much suppotish as possible if there is futher questions about the masteries i suggest you visit the link!
So what items do i use? And does my items support my team to?
Yes the items support your team in various way! The items Shall help you and your team
1. Slow their AS - (Attack Speed) (Frozen Heart)
2. Slow them with the spells you use (Rylai's Crystal Scepter) might just be what your team needs if someone is far away from them so they can catch up
3. Reduce their magic resistence with your presence nearby (Abyssal Scepter) AS (Abyssal Scepter) also grant you MR (Magic Resist and Ability Power)
Pros with these items:
1. Frozen heart grants you armor mana and cooldown reduction which is perfect! wait one last thing! Frozen Heart also reduces the enemy(s) Attack Speed by 20%(Percent) VERY GOOD AND USEFUL!
2. Rylai's Crystal Scepter grants you health ability power and slows enemy(s)
3. Abyssal Scepter grants you ability power and magic resistence + reduces enemy(s) MR (Magic Resistence)
NB! remember you always want support your team in various ways so think carefully before buying!
NB! Guardian Angel is very recommended but the last items is your decision
NB! i've been doing a little bit thinking it's up to you to decide if you want to use mercury's tread / Ninja Tabi The upgrades is also up to you to decide depending on the situation here is what i recommend:
Upgrades for Ninja Tabi / Mercury's tread:
UNIQUE Passive - Alacrity: You gain +15 Movement Speed.
UNIQUE Passive - Homeguard: When you are at fountain and have been out of combat for 8 seconds you gain full health, mana and a 200%(Percent) movement speed boost that decays over 8 seconds. You lose the movement speed when you enter combat.
Okay here i will be telling you what you SHOULD be maxing in the order i do!
Since we are Solo Top we want to max our damage output so we won't be the guy backing all the time!
We first start with the
1. ''W'' (Brutal Strikes)
2. ''R'' (Unstoppable Force)
3. ''E'' (Ground Slam)
4. ''Q'' (Seismic Shard)
This will increase your damage + it'll increase your armor and Attack Damage(''W'') (AD) + you have AP(Ability Power) which will deal tons of damage