Vayne is one of the most most risky ADC'S or Marksman (how ever you want to call them) that you'll be able to pick up over the course of your LoL playing games. In having said that this guide is for beginners and for those wishing to improve their "Vayne game-play and mechanics". Even though this has nothing to do with this guide i am a Platinum player from the OCE, this guide is my first and MAYBE change within the coming patches due to either nerfs or buffs to vayne everything you need to know before it happens can be refered to here at "Surrender at 20" ( http://www.surrenderat20.net/ ).
Summary of Vaynes abilities
Vaynes PASSIVE: Night Hunter (Range: 2000)
"Vayne ruthlessly hunts evil-doers. She gains 30 Movement Speed when moving toward nearby enemy champions."
Vaynes "Q" : Tumble (Cost: 30Mana / Range: 300)
"Vayne tumbles, maneuvering to carefully place her next shot. She rolls toward the cursor and her next attack deals 30/35/40/45/50% bonus damage."
Vaynes "W" : Silver Bolts (Cost: PASSIVE*ALWAYS ON CANNOT BE TURNED OFF* / Range: Self)
"Vayne tips her bolts with a rare metal, toxic to evil things. The third consecutive attack or ability against the same target will deal 6 / 7.5 / 9 / 10.5 / 12% of the target's maximum Health as bonus true damage (Max damage vs. monsters is capped at 200). SILVER BOLT'S DAMAGE CANNOT FALL BELOW 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120."
Vaynes "E" : Condemn (Cost: 90Mana / Range: 550)
"Vayne draws a heavy crossbow from her back, and fires a huge bolt at her target, dealing 45/80/115/150/185 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage) physical damage and knocking them back (900 units). If they collide with terrain, they are impaled, dealing 45/80/115/150/185 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage) bonus damage and stunning them for 1.5 seconds."
Vaynes "R" : Final Hour (Cost: 80 / Range: Attacking Range)
"Readying herself for an epic confrontation, Vayne gains 30/50/70 increased attack damage, 1 second stealth during Tumble, and triple the bonus movement speed from Night Hunter (30x30=90 Movement Speed) lasting 8/10/12 seconds."
For my current rune set-up i run this
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Attack Damage
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Explanation: Standard 9 FLAT AD MARKS - Standard 9 FLAT ARM SEALS - EXTRA AD LESS MR (6 AD GLYPHS / 3 MR GLYPHS *Instead of the standard 9 FLAT MR GLYPHS*).
Though it may seem weird to have only 3 FLAT MR GLYPHS i find it works very well if the 6 extra AD GLYPHS. Even though it doesn't seem like you're doing extra damage you are by about 2.4 (Roughly) AD.
These are the current masteries for Pre-Season 6 i am currently using.
There are many Skill Sequences you can run these are the main two i run depending on the items which i build first (I.E. Max "W" *Silver Bolts* rush Blade of The Ruined King - Max "Q" *Tumble* rush either Infinity Edge or BloodThirster)
1st Skill Sequence (Maxing Max "W" Silver Bolts rush Blade of the Ruined King
2nd Skill Sequence (Max "Q" Tumble rush either Infinity Edge or The Bloodthirster
Maxing your (W) Silver Bolts offers a lot of percent damage per health which works well against tanky supports in lane which progresses further and further either in or out of lane such as Blitzcrank Thresh Leona etc. It also works against ADC'S who have gone back to grab another Doran's Blade or another health increasing item.
Maxing your (Q) Tumble gives a lot of extra damage each time you level it up and is good against squishy supports (If you ever find them in your games) and works well against ADC'S who are low in health and who have brought nothing since their back to their base (I.E. No extra sustain or damage increasing items.
Items and Spells
The normal ADC (OR Marksman) spells are Flash and Heal. Heal can SOMETIMES be swapped out for Barrier
Item Path: Maxing Max "W" Silver Bolts rush Blade of the Ruined King
Doran's Blade + Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation
> Blade of the Ruined King > Berserker's Greaves > Statikk Shiv > Infinity Edge > The Bloodthirster > Mortal Reminder OR Lord Dominik's Regards (Finally upgrade your boots to either) Berserker's Greaves - Furor OR Berserker's Greaves - Homeguard
**Item Explanation: Not much to explain as it's all pretty self explanatory itself. Blade of the Ruined King and The Bloodthirster are Lifesteal items that ADC'S needs, Statikk Shiv and Infinity Edge are the Criting items that ADC'S need, Mortal Reminder is good for going against Champions that self-heal and regenerate heal over a period of time this item is good against squishies and not good against Tanks. For Tanks use Lord Dominik's Regards as it deals bonus damage depending on the difference of health between you and said tank. Berserker's Greaves - Furor This item is great for when you are really ahead of the other team and just need a little bit more kiting power. Berserker's Greaves - Homeguard This item is good for when you are behind the other team and need to get out of base faster to either participate in team fights or cap objectives (I.E. Towers, Dragon and Baron). I would recommend getting either one of these item after building Infinity Edge**
Item Path : Max "Q" Tumble rush either Infinity Edge or The Bloodthirster
Doran's Blade + Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation
> Infinity Edge OR The Bloodthirster > Blade of the Ruined King > Statikk Shiv > Berserker's Greaves > Mortal Reminder OR Lord Dominik's Regards (Finally upgrade your boots to either) Berserker's Greaves - Furor OR Berserker's Greaves - Homeguard
Item Explanation: Refer to the Item Explanation marked with "**"
*This build is what i build so feel free to change it up and design it to your own style*
Pros / Cons
- Using Vayne is very rewarding in the sense that she is one of the few "Hyper-Carries" that can single handedly carry team in a losing fight.
- Knowing the limits to how much you can do as Vayne can help you decide whether you want to fight or not before the fight even starts.
- Being able to kite on Vayne comes in very hand in the late game as you're able to use your ult Final Hour and use Tumble almost every 1.8 seconds with blue buff OR 2 seconds without blue buff this comes in handy as you can kite more effectively if you have purchased the Berserker's Greaves - Furor as the game progresses.
- Vayne can easily overpower her opposing ADC in and out lane with or without help from level two onwards know how and when to poke.
- Playing as Vayne it is very easy to fall behind after the other adc freezes the lane and forces you to push it and/or come up and get CS. By doing this they're able to make plays they might've not gotten to make had they've pushed the wave in and let you freeze. Being aware on when this can occur is serious.
- When/If you get ganked or collapsed on vayne only has 4 ways to escape the situation:
1. Flash out of the situation which leaves you useless in the next fight within 5mins of the burn of your summoner spell
2. By Condemning away either the highest CC threat champion or highest damage dealing champ.
3. Final Hour + Tumble + Condemn Helps out alot but still leaves you vulnerable if another high damage dealing champ fights you without your ultimate you'll have no "Attack steroid" to help you in the fight it also leaves you to only "AA" in the next fight depending on the time your ult was burnt.
4. The only other way you survive a collapse or gank is when your team does a "Protect the DoubleLift comp" which means they will only be protecting you the whole game and expecting you to not get caught out when objectives are up and are ready for the taking.