Master Yi Build Guide by PsychadelicSnake
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
, due to its ability to enhance your summoner spells. Alacrity is important for Master Yi, because when used with the item Phantom Dancer Master Yi is one of the fastest attackers in the game. Vampirism helps Master Yi in his life draining abilities with the help of the item Wriggle's Lantern . The Expanded Mind is important to Yi to give him more mana per level, allowing him to stay in his lane longer. Finally, Swiftness increases Master Yi's movement speed and with the use of the Berserker's Greaves this powerful combination makes Master Yi a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield for his ability to get in and out of fights very quickly.
- greater quintessence of desolation: This quintessence gives Master Yi
even more armor penetration for dealing with champions with the heaviest armor like Nunu
- greater mark of desolation: This mark gives Master Yi
more armor penetration for those pesky tanks like Cho'Gath.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: This glyph gives Master Yi
a better magic resist, allowing him to resist mages such as Annie
- Greater Seal of Critical Damage: This seal gives Master Yi a better chance at a critical strike, making his Wuju Styleability even deadlier.
Ghost:Ignores unit collision and moves 27% faster for 10 seconds.
Heal:Restores 140 + (lvl x 25) Health to your Champion and 50% of that to nearby allies. All targets healed will have a 50% reduction in heal amount from other summoner heal spells for 20 secs.
Exhaust:Slows movement speed by 40% and reduces auto/basic attack damage by 70% and ability/item damage by 35% for 2.5 seconds.
Surge:Increases ability power by 10-78 (depending on level) and attack speed by 35% for 12 seconds.
Clarity:Restores 160 + (lvl x 30) Mana to your champion and 50% of that to nearby allies.
Flash:Teleports to target nearby location under your mouse cursor.
- Double Strike(P):Master Yi strikes twice every 7th basic attack.
- Alpha Strike (Q):Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing magic damage to each enemy with a chance to deal 400 bonus magic damage to minions.
- Meditate (W):Master Yi channels, gaining massive health regeneration, armor, and magic resistance for 5 seconds. Master Yi is also healed at the beginning and end of the channel.
- Wuju Style (E):Increases attack damage for as long as Wuju Style is not on cooldown. Master Yi can activate this ability to receive bonus attack damage equal to double the passive bonus for 10 seconds.
- Highlander (R):Increases Master Yi's movement speed by 40% and attack speed for a few seconds, as well as making him immune to any slow effects for the duration. Additionally, killing a champion during the duration will refresh all of Master Yi's ability cooldowns, while assists will refresh them by half the base amount.
Maxing out Wuju Stylefirst is important, because it provides Master Yi with the added attack damage he needs to defeat the first waves of minions and possibly other champions. Alpha Strikenext to allow Yi to take care of multiple minions and chase down enemy champions for the kill. Be sure to upgrade Master Yi's ultimate Highlanderon level 6, level 11, and level 16. Meditate gets maxed out last, due to this ability not having much use until later game.
Doran's Blade:Gives bonus health and attack damage at the start of the game. Useful when playing as Yi, as Master Yi is based around attack damage and that extra bit of health can never hurt.
Berserker's Greaves:These are the boots you are going to be rushing for as Master Yi as it gives him a faster attack speed and faster movement.
Vampiric Scepter:This item builds into the Wriggle's Lantern giving Master Yi life steal capabilities. Builds into Wriggle's Lantern.
Wriggle's Lantern:The only reason you want this item is for its life steal bonus and attack damage.
The Brutalizer:This item is great for attack damage and builds into the Ghostblade.
Negatron Cloak:Gives Master Yi +48 Magic Resist for those pesky mages in the lane. Builds into the Quicksilver Sash.
Quicksilver Sash:With the added debuff of reducing cooldowns every 90 seconds, this item allows Yi to fire up his abilities and spells in a shorter period of time.
Avarice Blade:This item is mainly for the extra gold, but it also adds to Master Yi's critical strike chance. Builds into Youmuu's Ghostblade.
Youmuu's Ghostblade:Built from the Brutalizer the Ghostblade is an overall great item for Master Yi as it boosts attack speed, attack damage, critical strike, movement speed, and armor penetration.
Zeal:Increases attack speed and multiplies movement speed eight times. Builds into Phantom Dancer.
Phantom Dancer:The main reason for this item on Master Yi is for its substantial attack speed bonus and also its movement speed multiplier.
B. F. Sword:The B. F. Sword increases attack damage by 45. Builds into Infinity Edge to complete the build order and replaces Doran's Blade.
Infinity Edge:Great late game item for Master Yi as it boosts Attack Damage by 80 and dramatically increases his critical strike chances to get that killing blow on the enemy more often.
SPECIAL THANKS TO: Zerule for helping me with the item selection for the guide. Could not have done this guide without his help.