Build Guide by Loversknot
Not Updated For Current Season
Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
A word from Loversknot
Times change, champions change, and ways to play differ vastly. This is the sort of build for the sort of character I enjoy playing.
Pros of jungling:
1. While jungling, there is little to no harassment from the enemy team. Most enemy teams are either too afraid to wander away from their lane or too concerned with leveling, last hitting, and not dying, to effectively grief and deny a jungler.
2. Near-constant red/blue buff uptime makes ganking easy.
3. Three characters will be getting 100% experience gains, instead of two lanes getting split xp and only mid getting full.
Cons of jungling:
1. Can be easily countered by an attentive and careful team. I wont go into detail about all the ways to counter junglers, because that would really defeat the purpose of making this guide, but those who know the methods know it's not terribly difficult.
2. Can be dependent upon the blue/red buff(s) to be truly effective,
The way I tend to play Jarvan is as a jungle bruiser/tank. 1/14/15, Mana Golem at 1. From there, it's not atypical to clear the entire jungle except for Lizard, come back, clear lizard with Madred's, and then go for an easy gank. E>Q>W + auto-attack spamming, no one will get away unless they have their summoner abilities up, and/or are really close to their tower. Jarvan's damage output at low levels is very respectable.
Start off with 5 HP and Cloth Armor into Madred's into Wriggle's, going for level 1 boots before advancing to Wriggle's. 1 pt. Demacian Standard, 1 pt. Golden Aegis, 1 pt. Spear, maxing Golden Aegis first. If anything is going to net your team kills, it's your shocking tankability and AoE snare. Jarvan works very well as an initiator, especially if you don't use his ult. Save the ult for a would-be escapee, or a fresh focus target once they become available.
CDR from Ionian Boots of Lucidity and Brutalizer,
Then I like to go for either rushing Frozen Mallet, or Phage > Tiamat > Frozen Mallet... For damage output, I'm currently experimenting with a Tiamat, which works with Wriggle's procs and helps Jarvan clear several waves of creeps simultaneously without using any abilities (though E makes it a ridiculously fast process). This keeps him competitive in tower pushing, and emergency defending, and gives him large amounts of gold, not that you'll really need it as Jarvan, the Assist Machine.
For the last item slot, Banshee's -- giving crucial extra mana in addition to it's obviously great effects -- or FoN works really well. Brutalizer to Youmuu's.
When jungling, use your shield prior to engaging -- it doesn't pull the mobs and at lower levels it wont take the full 5 seconds for the mobs to beat through the shield. Shield, wait 3 seconds, initiate. That way, you'll effectively shave 3 seconds off of the cooldown, while still getting the full benefit of the absorb.
As far as snowballing items, Jarvan, if played carefully, is a ***** to kill. You can choose to rush Leviathan after the level 1 boots... I'm still playing around with builds. Leviathan offers a lot of survivability for not that much gold, for anyone skilled enough to stack it up.
I'll work more on this guide soon and format it better, but for now, it's off to work. Enjoy, or something.
Sorry if this is coming up as Guest, this is my guide --
-- JUST POSTING THIS HERE, MORE UPDATES COMING SOON. FOR NOW, IT'S TIME TO PLAY.