Not Updated For Current Season
So, first of all, playing Mordekaiser is FUN!
he is this big guy, loud, smashing metal in opponents faces.
So lets talk whats his role is.
This are his Attributes: Pusher, Tough, Fighter, Tank, Melee
- Pusher, yes he is one of the best, he loves to eat minions, and he is a greedy Bastard.
- Tough, yes he is a hard to Kill MAN! (he is kinda squishy early, but a dorans will change that)
- Fighter, yes he is a fighter, a real man, he will never flee, even whit low life in a 1vs2.
- Melee,...yes, but also ranged most of the time.
- Tank,...so this is the Point. Is Mordekaiser a Tank. He can be.
What is a Tank? A Tank is a big guy, that stuns (aoe stun), taunts, soaks up a lot of dmg
and protects the dmg dealer whit this abilities he have.
in my opinion amumu is a great tank. he has great abilites to fullfill this job.
stun, aoe dmg, and an gamechanging ultimate.
alistar can do a great tanking job, and also rammus and shen can "activate ablities"
that will stop your enemie from taking out your damage dealers.
Now lets see, mordekaiser, can soak up a lot of damage, but he has no stun or taunt.
means if you get into a teambattle, and they want to focus your damagedealers,
the only thing you can do whit morde is, playing humanshield (this is often good enough,
but again, no stun (like taric, amumu) or taunt (shen, rammus) will make your tankjob
So whats his real role in the game?
i can now only tell you, what i experienced whit morde.
when i startet playing morde i did get lots of tank items, lifereg, boots of swiftness
and it was fun and also successful.
but than played vs an other morde, and he had sorcerer boots, and some magic pen,
and he did good dmg. i was impressed.
so i thought about it, and after a trying a lot, i endet up, whit this list.
the role of mordekaiser changed, and i became:
"THE Killer of Assasins"
What i mean is, his role is this:
Your ultimate, and all youre abilities + ignite should be used, to kill:
1. What needs to be killed (a Twitch, Twisted Fate, Ashe, Tristana, Ezreal..)
2. The opponent Champ, who deals the most dps and is 1.ranged/2.melee,
so you can realy change the teambattle.
for example: the teamfight starts, the twitchs pops up, i run in (not too suicidal),
give him my ult+ignite, all my abilites, and he dies (if you do it right) a fast death,
and whit youre ghost, youre now focusing down, first the squishy opponents, then whats left.
(i did get my quadkill whit a tristana (would have been a penta, but ashe totaly stealed it^^).