Ashe Build Guide by Mad Murph
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Starting Option 1
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Ashe :The Frost Archer
|| Ashe is a ranged Attack Damage carry (ADC). ADC are very dependent on Itemization to be relevant in team fights (Mid - Late Game) so they need the ability to farm minions and earn gold. To achieve this an ADC usually goes into the bottom lane with a support champion.
Ashe has a harder time in laneing phase then some other ADC, However, she is valued for her utility in teamfights with her Frost Shot and her ability to initiate team fights with Enchanted Crystal Arrow.
"While out of combat, Ashe's critical strike xhance increases by a % every 3 seconds. The counter resets after her next attack"
Focus allows for many interesting tactics at level 1. Having a crit at level 1 and Volley allows you to burst someone instantly for around 200 damage, this combined with a stun (eg Taric) can be deadly. Ashe is one of the scariest champions to deal with at level 1, as she can invade or defend against invade easily. Camping a brush early on and getting off your early burst can also instantly win you the lane.
Frost Shot (Q):
"Toggle: Ashe's basic attacks slow her target's movement speed by a % for 2 seconds"
This is an insanely good skill to have on an adc because it allows for you to kite. It makes catching ashe almost impossible.
"Ashe fires 7 arrows in a cone, dealing physical damage to each target hot. Each arrow will only hit a maximum of 1 enemy. This move also applies a slow equal to the current rank of frost shot even if it is not active"
Volley is insanely strong until about lvl 5, because the base stat increase on it is so ****. However the ability does make up for it in the cool down reduction. this ability has great wave clear and when combined with frost shot is almost a permanent slow on your target
"Passive: Ashe gains extra gold whenever she kills a unit or destroys a structure
Active: Ashe sends her Hawk Spirit on a scouting mission to target area in the map, revealing terrain as it travels in a straight line and granting vision of target area for 5 seconds. This will reveal units in the bush but will not reveal stealthed units or objects"
Good scouting Tool. The extra gold isn't worth it so max last
Enchanted Crystal Arrow (R):
"Ashe fires a missile of ice in a straight line this will pass over all other units until it collides with an enemy Champion or leaves the map. If the arrow collides with an enemy champion, it will deal magic damage, stun and add a slow to the champion hit. It will also explode after it hits , it slows and deals half the damage to all other enemies in a small area around the target. The duration of the stun increases the further the arrow travels before impact and caps at 3.5 seconds. Both slows are 50 % and last for 3 seconds."
Enchanted Crystal Arrow is one of the best initiations in the game. It can completely swing the game around in your favor if you can land this ultimate on a critical target, or catch enemies offguard.
There are some simple rules for Enchanted Crystal Arrow that I tend to follow.
1. Never hesitate
2. Don't worry if u miss
3. Never engage a fight if you miss
Items Not to buy and why
- Not a terrible item, just its lack of upgrades makes it a wasted slot (passive doesn't make up for the low stats it gives)
- Trying to level the tear gives you an even weaker laning phase than you already have. Not worth it.
- While this item does give a sustantial amount of attack speed, it does not give crit chance like static shiv or phantom dancer making it an inferior AS item (also the range on the passive is like 400 and they can't crit)
- I feel this Item has some place in league i just don't know where, all i know is it gives no benefit to ashe (unless u can kill all 5 champs in 3 attacks... i doubt)
- This item compliment's aoe team comps and short range champs. you would be much better getting last whisper on ashe.
- Not a bad item just ashe doesn't use enough of her abilities to warrant the sheen proc (unlike champs like ez or corki), you would be better getting a static shiv.
This first Mastery setup is aimed at newer player who do not yet have good mana control (you always run out of mana). It does not however mean that you cannot use it if you aren't a beginner.
This second Mastery setup is aimed around surviving in lane early game so you can get to the mid game
NOTE: if you are not lvl 30 aim to put as many points into the offensive tree as possible.
- Greater Quintessence of Life Steal: // These runes give you about 5 health back at lvl 1 with each auto attack, add a dorans blade into the equation and your getting 10-11 health back every auto attack at lvl 1. With this setup you can opt to go straight into a bf sword as your second item. Giving you more impact earlier
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: // Allows for easier last hitting and good harass early against enemy laners.
- Greater Seal of Armor: // Best choice for yellows with adc's (your opponent does ad damage so u want to be taking less damage from them).
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: // With the coming of new support champs like zyra,lulu and thresh, supports now can dish out some decent at damage at early lvls.
FARM FARM FARM!!!
Farm to the best of your ability. Use your range and volley, zone them and harass if possible. Try and not to spam your frost shot or volley to much, your mana is precious and also it is generally a disadvantage to have your lane pushed (Ganks BE *****IN). If you are low on HP, try and clear the wave before returning to base. At level 6, its generally good practice to ult whoever you're laning against, to harass and also test damage or you can save it till your jungler ganks to get a free kill.
Supposing you have farmed very well, it is now where you truly shine. You should be actively staying with your team and doing as much damage as you possibly can in team fights while staying alive.