Sivir Build Guide by xmatx
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I created this Sivir guide because i can`t understand people playing her without the knowledge that`s necessary. I try to explain how to play her shortly but with a lot of facts.
Please don`t complain about spelling mistakes, because I am from Germany and not from the island. I hope you will enjoy reading my guide and i would like you to vote in favour of this guide and give critics whereever you think it`s necessary.
Pros / Cons
- a lot of burst
- can block a spell with Spell Shield
- Boomerang Blade deals tonnes of damage
- with On The Hunt a lot of movenment+attackspeed
- no CC, this is really annoying because fast champions Rammus Powerball can escape easily
- very mana-intesive before u have Manamune
- hard to use Spell Shield at the right time
- no early game escape skill except Flash
- You aren`t an animal, just a boring person (like nearly all ranged AD-Carries)
- As Sivir you have to skill Boomerang Blade up to level 5 as quick as possible, because it`s your main damage source. The second skill to level up is Ricochet because it`s a good addition to Boomerang Blade (You can kill all minions with those Spells immediately when you reach level 12). The last Spell to upgrade is Spell Shield because it only reduces the cooldown.
If you don`t buy Manamune i would skill Spell Shield before Ricochet, because both spells cost too much Mana.
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Seal of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
- The greater Mark of Desolation is very impotant if you play without Last Whisper because you need the armor penetration wherever it`s possible.
- Greater Seal of Reselience and Greater Seal of Attack Speed are two good possibilities on Sivir. If you want to play as much aggresion as possible you can play Sivir with Greater Seal of Attack Speed and without Greater Seal of Reselience. I prefer to play her with Greater Seal of Reselience, but you can decide on this.
- Greater Glyph of Attack Speed is the best Glyph you can find on Sivir. Some guides prefer Greater Glyph of Magic Resist but the magical damage on the bot-lane is normally very, very low. Greater Glyph of Attack Speed grants even more attack speed so that you can burst your opponents down very guickly.
- Greater quint of Strength is the best addition to every ranged AD-Carry because you can last hit the minions more easily and you can burst the oponents down more quckly aswell.
- I wont explain all items, because the most of them are normal on ranged AD-Carries, but I will explain the decision of Manamune and Guardian Angel.
Sivir is a very mana-depended champion, especially in early-game. Manamune grants enough Mana for all the game and grants a lot of damage aswell. Manamune is cheaper than the other items and fits into her build perfectly.
Sivir is the first focus in teamfights, so a bit of sustain is always good. Because the passive of the Guardian Angel gives you a second chance you can change the end of the fight in favour of your team. If 2 or 3 oponents wait till you respawn again your team should be able to win the fight, although you might die.
- The best choice in masteries is 21-9-0
As an AD-Carry your main priority should be to deal damage. If u skill 24-6-0 masteries and leave out Veteran`s Scars and 2 points in Durability you loose to much health in early game, although u can skill Havoc aswell. If your team has champs who can safe your life easily in teamfights like Rammus , Shen or healers like Soraka , Taric and Sona it can be a good decision, but safer is 21-9-0.
-This is always a good choice on every champion, because it`s a good escape tool and good if you want to chase someone.
-Some might say that Heal is a noob spell, but in my opinion it`s the key to win your lane. When they want to towerdive you early you have a good surprise and if Karthus does his Requiem and your Spellshield is on cooldown, Heal can safe your life aswell. Although this Spell isn`t that useful end-game i would recommend it.
-Because Sivir has no CC without Red Buff, Exhaust is an useful adition to On The Hunt
-This Spell is really useful and necessary if your oponents are strongly healing champions, like Soraka, Dr. Mundo or end-game carries with The Bloodthirster
-This aswell is a really useful Spell on Sivir, because with On The Hunt you can escape nearly every gank, but you have to watch out that your Spell Shield blocks the stun and not an unnecessary Spell.
Early Game (Laning)
Why is Sivir better than other champions?
- Of course Sivir has got her q-Spell that grants her an early game burst, so that she can dominate lanes with supports who have healing spells e.g. Soraka , Taric , Sona , ...
However if they pick champions who can stun, pull, slow etc. you can use your e-Spell to block the ability. This needs a lot of practise, especially against Caitlyn u can reload ur mana easily.
Trinity Force instead of Manamune
- Trinity Force is not really necessary for a ranged AD-Carry because you should get red buff anyways, but if the jungler takes all Red Buffs for himself you can buy Trinity Force aswell.
If u have full stakes on Manamune you have 56+20 Attackdamage that is nearly as much as Infinity Edge
Why don`t u buy Last Whisper
- Last Whisper is an Item for extremely tanky teams. If they have got 3 or more tanky/offtanks with a lot of armor Last Whisper is a good choice for your build.
However because of the new masteries you don`t need it anymore, because u should skill Sunder and Weapon Expertise in your masteries.
- All in all Sivir is a very good AD-Carry and is useful all over the game. Due to her early game domination she can deny the enemy from getting minions. Sivir Boomerang Blade deals tonnes of damage and although it`t a skill shot not too hard to hit. Sivir isn`t the most easiest AD-Carry, because Boomerang Blade and Spell Shield are Spells that have to practised. If you want the most easiest champion play Caitlyn. Her range is toooo large and her spells are easy to hit but she is useless end-game except she is overfed.