Nami Build Guide by flametrover
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello guys. I'm Flametrover and I'm a player on the EU West server. I have played supports since season 1 so i have a bit if experience. This guide is going to be about the new champion - Nami-the tidecaller.
Oh and please don’t get angry about my grammar I don’t live in a English-speaking country nor did I ever go to any :P.
Pros / Cons
+ high mobility (for you and your allies)
+ good CC
+ good heal and harass
+ if played partly AP can HUGELY boost ad carries
- item dependant
Marks: The best marks for supports, Nami has small armor so it helps you alot. - If you want to go full rambo in your lane and you think you can manage to not die the go ahead take theme.
Seals: Mana regen, nuf said.
Glyphs: Nami is like Soraka and Lulu the more ap you have the better you can support
Quintessence: the same as glyphs but if you want you can take or
- Every season, riot somehow nerfs flash, yet it is still the best summoner spell in my opinion
- In season 1 CV was a must pick for most support, in season 2 it was nerfed a bit, in season 3 CV can have a CD of 43 seconds. I think it is a good pick
- I think having heal another heal is an owerkill, you already have and
- Having Exhaust is always good, if no one in your team picks it, you should.
- This passive may not look like much but it can really save you. Most of the time i use it in combination with
- Big DMG, big CC, and a fun spell to use, max this second if you want more dmg or third if you want to buff your teammates more.
- Max this first! Why? It does big dmg and gives a big heal, that’s why!
- It gives good dmg to your ad carry and a mini frozen mallet. Max this second or third.
- Great ultimate. It requires good timing but it play of. You can initiate team fights with it, steal dragon and baron, even gank mid.
At the beginning you start with , one Sight ward, one , one and the small ward from masteries. It gives you mana regen, HP regen and ward. What more do you want?
Upgrade your pendats into Philosopher's Stone and buy some and Sight ward. If you have enough gold buy some too.
Upgrade your Philosopher's Stone into for the reduced CD on and . Then buy another Philosopher's Stone and Kage's Lucky Pick. If possible try to buy or at least Emblem of Valor.
Late game items:
You should try to finish your and buy Shurelya's Reverie and
Pick what you like. I prefere , and but I sometimes pick too. and are also good choices. Always enchant it with Enchantement Captain
Finishing your build:
- It ads some CC to your CC so that you can CC them while you CC them.
Shard of True Ice- It ads some mana regen to your allies, it gives you some AP and it is good in combination with some initiators like and .
- If you need MR and your team is full of ap champs.
- If you need armor and the enemy team is full of AA champs.
- If you need armor and HP, it is a substitute for Shard of True Ice
Zeke's Herald- If your team is full of AA champs or your ad carry is fed.
- If the enemy team has more than 4 AoE spells.
If you want, you can buy at the beginning, it looks like a good item but I don’t really like it.
- always buy these early game, it saves lives.
Sight ward, and - BUY THESE! YOU ARE THE SUPPORT.
- it gives you 100-200 HP heal, if timed right it can save you.
Good champion combos
Since Nami is still new I have yet to try out all the combos, but here are a few good ones:
Caitlyn has big range, big dmg, escape skills and that root you. If the enemy gets into a trap they WILL GET HURT. works like but with more cc in this combo.
Kog'Maw and Nami are good too. Nami boosts Kogs dmg and she can cc them while he snipes them.
Amumu and Nami have enough cc to win team fights with just 1 ad carry. Nami the enemy team, amumu in and uses then Nami them and its GG.