Nasus Build Guide by dark25granti
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
The Path to Destruction starts with the Introduction
Hello and Welcome!
This is my third guide on and I hope this will turn out better than what my other builds turned out like with ratings and what now well hope you enjoy :)!
Knowledge is found from knowing the Pros/Cons
*Fun to Play
*Squishy without armor
Power will follow the Skill Sequence
With this part the purple is my opinion on the skill sequence, and the white is my opinion on the defensive skill sequence.
Soul Eater:Passive- Nasus drains his foe's spiritual energy, giving him a natural 14 / 17 / 20% lifesteal.
- With this passive will allow you to be able to gain up to a max of 20% extra lifestealing which allows DPSing and tanking situations to be more survivable threw out the game.
- Same as offensive opinion
Siphoning Strike:Active- Nasus's next attack will deal additional damage. Siphoning Strike permanently gains 3 stacked damage whenever it kills an enemy champion, minion or neutral monster.
Cost: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 mana
Cooldown: 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 seconds
Extra Damage: 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110
- This spell is what you need to focus on because you will be farming Q threw out the entire game because in theory you will be able to one shot anything at a point.
- This is the Spell that you want to max out last, because of the fact that your trying to be a defensive style will be more effective.
Wither:Active-Nasus ages his target, slowing their movement and attack speed by 35%. Additionally, they are reduced further to reach an extra slow at the end of 5 seconds. If the duration of the slow is reduced, the extra slow will be applied faster for it to reach its maximum at the end of the duration.
Extra Slow: 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 / 60 %
Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds
Cost: 80 mana
- With this spell is exactly like a free exhaust but this doesn't do as much since this will slow there attack speed and movement speed so use this first on an enemy champion before exhaust while then once wither wears off then you use your exhaust on that champion.
- Same as offensive opinion.
Spirit Fire:Active- A target area becomes desecrated for 5 seconds. Enemies caught in the area when the desecration occurs are dealt a burst of magic damage. Additionally, enemies in the area are dealt magic damage each second and have their armor reduced while on there and for 1 extra second.
Cost: 70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 mana
Initial Magic Damage: 55 / 95 / 135 / 175 / 215 (+0.6 per ability power)
Magic Damage Per Second: 11 / 19 / 27 / 35 / 43 (+0.12 per ability power)
Armor Reduction: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Range to Center of AoE: 650
Radius of AoE: 400
- This is your best friend when it comes to the idea of minion farming since it deals now initial damage along with damage as long as there with in the spells range plus they have reduced armor this will also help you when going after a champion to make a kill or gank more successful in the end.
- This is your first spell in a defensive set up and the best minion farming because of the initial damage and reduced armor and still more damage over time.
Fury of the Sands:Active-Nasus becomes empowered in the sandstorm for 15 seconds, gaining extra health. While the storm rages, he drains a percentage of nearby enemies max health each second (max of 240 magic damage per second per enemy) and converts 6.375% of the damage done into bonus attack damage for himself until the sandstorm wears off.
Health Gained: 300 / 450 / 600
Max Health to Magic Damage Ratio Per Second: 3 / 4 / 5% (+0.01 per ability power)
Cost: 150 mana
Radius of AoE: 350
- This is your Ult. in other words the best spell you have and what this does is put you into a state of increased health,and drains minions health around him while turning a low percent of that into attack power until the spell wears off in 15 seconds.
- Same as offensive opinion
Defensive Skill Sequence
Runes of the Beast
With your runes this will teach you the tricks on what is best chooses for Nasus's runes.
Greater Mark of Desolation x9
- With this rune will help for the fact of your Siphoning Strike so you will be able to deal more damage more effectively. You might be asking why not just go for the AD runes, well because of the fact that none of his abilities will be affected by the extra AD so it will only help his normal attacks while armor pen will do more than just increase your normal attacks.
Greater Seal of Replenishment x9
- As for the this rune will be helping you not running out of mana as fast since I normally have problems with that early game so this can really help you out during that time. If your not having any trouble with mana you can also use Greater Seal of Resilience or Greater Seal of Evasion can work just as well as increasing your survivable at the same time.
Greater Glyph of Focus x9
- Now for this rune will be a great help with allowing you to use your abilities more often so you don't have to wait for CD's to reset as much but I also find using Greater Glyph of Potency works just as well but doesn't help as much of your spells.
Greater Quintessence of Desolation x3
- There are multiply options that you can use here but I find this most effective since it will keep up your damage effectiveness on the enemy champions. And now here are some of the other options Greater Quintessence of Alacrity, Greater Quintessence of Focus.
Masteries of the Defensive Minded
Now with the choose of Defensive Masteries 1/21/8, I had chose this style so I can still deal great damage with an off tank set up. So I can get the best out of playing a defensive set up character.
Items of the Master of the Sand
- With this set up will allow you as Nasus to be able to keep farming out levels in early game and not have to worry about your health as much
- With this is not based so much on keeping your health up this one allows your mana to say up as well if your having problems keeping in up
- With this is if you think you want to go out and get first blood or try to start off jungling.
- I wish there was another option but this is the only effective 5 gold per 10 seconds item I could find but this one allows good mana and health regen which will help you survive in the game.
- This is your best friend to help you farm Q so you will be in a since taking a good portion of your opponents or minions health with one shot of it.
Early Game (Boots)
After you have selected which one of the three options you wish to go with for the starting items these are your next possible options.
- This item will allow you in early game to be able to have less of a chance for CC's to be affected to you lets face it a CC'd Nasus is useless.
- This is the item I normally go with since the armor and dodge normally is really effective for me while this is also cheaper than the Mercury's Treads.
Mid Game- With in the mid game aspect you need to go with Trinity Force first or second during the mid game setting so you will be able to go with a strong offense while your defenses are kept safe.
- If you feel like getting Trinity Force second or first either way this is the best item I think for right after or before because of the nice armor mana and CD reduction I hear a lot that Frozen Heart is a really bad idea but with everything I mentioned earlier its not a half bad of a mid game item.
Mid/Late Game- With this will depend weather or not if the other team is based mainly with magic or Physical or even just a balanced set up.
Magic Resist- If your dealing with most of the other team using magic then this part might be a good way to for the last 3 items you need will go for you.
Armor- If the enemy team is more towards the physical side you can choose 3 items here that will help.
Balance- If you wish to have a balance set up because the you can't figure out what you should focus on because of what the other team has I recommend these items in this specific order for the last 3 items that you need.
-With this item I use because the magic resistance is effective and while at the same time I can the CD reduction to make it even easier to farm Q.
-With this item will allow me to gain even more armor and crit while my Attack Damage will be going up at the same time because of the item's effect which is 2% of my maximum health turns into Attack Damage which helps with your Q to deal even more damage with the same as your auto attack.
- With using Force of Nature last you will be able to gain a great amount of Magic Resist and be able to get good health regen and increase your speed with even greater health regen with its unique
Power of the Summoner Spells
With your summoner spells I will explain why or why not each one is good or bad.
Exhaust-I normally use exhaust so I am able to slow my opponent long enough people say wither is the same as exhaust so there is no point but there wrong you use exhuast after wither wears off so you can finish the enemy more easily.
Ghost-This is one of the few options that you can pick so you are able to get out of battles faster while your not too sure how to control your damage taken.
Heal- This helps with beginners that are first learning Nasus.
Revive- This spell is completely useless for Nasus since you don't have a reason for the bonus health you can gain if your put points into it on your masteries.
Smite- Nasus does have some jungling capabilities but there are still better spells that Nasus could use.
Teleport- This spell helps Nasus the best for movement so you can go anywhere to help your team at any time this is off CD.
Cleanse- This spell is ok for Nasus since you can get Nasus out of CC's lets face it a CC'd Nasus is a useless Nasus.
Fortify- this spell is not all that worth it unless you got a skarner or sion or someone that can stun but they should have it not you in that situation.
Clarity- With this spell is only useful if you having huge mana problems.
Ignite- this spell is ok it can help to be able to counter strike Dr. Mundo but thats about it there are better options.
Rally- this spell is fine to use, but there are a lot better options.
Clairvoyance- its ok to use to see around the map but there are just better options.
Flash- this is a great spell when your still learning Nasus so your able to master how much damage and know how much damage he is taking.
Farming to the Desert
Now with farming you need to be farming Q the entire time because in theory you can one shot anything once it gets to a point.It is in your best intention to be farming Q if you don't you won't be ahead of the game because later in the game you will be taking a good portion of the enemies health half way through the game.
Early Game Nasus(Solo Top1v2)[Defensive Skill Sequence]
With this set up during early game while your parner is jungling and the other team has no jungler your going to have to play Defense by the tower while using your Spirit Fire as a taunt. But make sure that your still using Siphoning Strike so you can keep building that up.
Early Game Nasus(Solo Top1v1)[Offensive Skill Sequence]
With this set up during the early game while both teams a jungler out and around. You can play offensively and push but don't go over your head make sure you do it comfortably and remember you can call over the jungler to help you with a gank on your opponent at any time and also remember to still build your Siphoning Strike up still so you can take a good portion of your enemy's life with one shot of that.
Early Game Nasus(Top/Bot2v2)[Offensive Skill Sequence]
With this set up during the early game when your on top with no one jungling or the other team has a jungler or your bot so you don't have to worry about a jungler jumping at you. make sure you always get you Siphoning Strike stacks up so you can make sure you can take a good portion of your opponents life and be able to gank them without a sweat.
Summing it up.....
Thank you! For reading and I hope this build is as good as I hope it will be since I love using this build when I'm Nasus. Please tell me how I did by commenting and voting please!