Nasus Build Guide by quigonquinn1
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Nasus is a Tanky Dps champion who (if farmed to a certain point) can deal massive damage while being able to take a larger amount of damage without dying (an off-tank).
- Extremely weak without proper farming
- Very item reliant
- Doesn't have much damage early on.
- Must get in close to deal most of his damage
I chose to get all the attack speed and damage I could by getting that little bit of armour penatration, and that 2 extra damage against minions can actually help your last hitting significantly.
You can go 0/21/9 or 9/21/0 in your masteries but I prefer 21/9/0 so that I can play more offensively at level 6. However 9/21/0 or 0/21/9 can help you take a bit more poke so that you can secure your farm.
I got armour penatration marks and quints so that I could focus on my damage at level 6 where starts to pick up. And the extra health and magic resist per level helps you get even tankier as you level up and get more items.
Greater Quintessence of Life Steal
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed
- I've had multiple instances where I'm in a laning against another ad bruiser for instance, Irelia, and I was able to PUBSTOMP thanks to this spell. The true damage and reduction on heals is great for engagements to counter their lifesteal and get through their armour, a viable choice at nearly anytime.
- Again this spell was very helpful in some cases for things like chasing down their carries or just a burst of speed to get our of some sticky situations, another very viable option at nearly anytime.
- Like ignite it is a great spell for engagements, except this one can be used for chasing/escaping and it reduces their damage rather then increasing yours.
- Technically nasus can jungle but that's not what we are covering in the guide.
- just, why?.......
- again, why?.......
- I mean I guess it works but there are so many other, better, choices.
Time for the skill sequencing. I chose this ability sequence to max first and second therefore giving you the most damage and increasing the ease of farming. If you are in a tough lane and are getting bullied too hard to farm with maxing is completely viable as long as you have your philosopher's stone built. Be careful not to push the lane if you are farming with .
- this item is good for that bit of magic resistence and the reduction on the effects of cc is irreplaceable.
- shurelya's reverie The health and health regen are nice and it's active is great for escaping/chasing along with the synergy of .
- This item has so many effects that I dont think that I could fit them all in one section so I'm just gonna say everything about this item is perfect for Nasus.
- The health and armour are awesome for surving that focus from an ad carry such as Ashe and like I said it has synergy with shurelya's reverie.
- Has a passive that grants you extra Dps and gives you more armour and health, not much more to say.
- Along with it's passive giving you ad equal to 1.5% of your health it has armour and a possibility to crit, overall a great item for "off-tanks".
Other viable choices:
- The extra magic resist is useful and it gives you increased attack speed and extra magic damage with your basic attacks, you can swap this out with atma's if their ap carry is doing the most damage
- Gives you a HUGE amount of magic resist and health regen along with a bit of movement speed to help out, you can swap this item out with sunfire cape if their ap carry is doing the most damage.
- A large amount of magic resist and armour along with it's amazing passive make this item a great choice for any tank.
- The 99 armour, attack speed reduction from the passive, and the 20% cooldown reduction make this item great to counter an ad carry, plus the cooldown reduction helps you keep your q farming up.
- If you are getting absoloutly wrecked by their ad carry this item can help out a ton.
- This item is viable on nasus due to the extra lifesteal and damage, and the passive allows you to snowball a bit harder late game.
Farm farm farm
Farming with Nasus is pretty straightforward, avoid engagements till six and don't push your lane. I oftentimes see many Nasus's neglecting their and trying to win a lane early, but that is not what Nasus's playstyle, he is to outfarm his enemy early on and protect your tower untill you can overpower your opponent. If this is not done then you will most likely end up worthless untill about 35-45 minutes in.
As always you should buy a sight ward or two if you have enough gold left over and this picture will show you where to place them.
Thanks go to:
"JhojJhoj" for the help with the coding and overall guide making,
"just1rape" for the great feedback,
"mobafire" for making an awesome website,
and finally whoever made the warding pic. I'm sorry that I don't know your name, I got the pic off of google :(
And lastly please don't rate my guide untill you've tried it :D