Nasus Build Guide by BuddhaKingpen
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Buddhakingpen here again with my own nasus build. I catch a lot of flack from people telling them that I go hybrid,leaning on the ap side, with nasus. most say throw a Trinity Force on him, tank him up and call it a day. Well that **** is the old school nasus. He requires WAY too much SLOW farm, is kinda useless for the most part until he builds up his q well. On top of that, trinity force procs only BASE attack damage. Nasus's base is like 116 at level 18 (I think?) If u do the math off of that, every trinity force proc only deals 290 extra damage endgame. With this build, granted you wont be as tanky (or will you?...) but with a Lich Bane proc and the said items, you will be dealing around 420 per proc. Plus your regular attacks will deal more from the extra 95 ad granted from Guinsoo's Rageblade and Hextech Gunblade . If you can find this fits your playstyle like it does mine UPVOTE!
Pros / Cons
-For his role, he's still pretty beefy... I say this, but the role I've made for him fits no one besides maybe akali, who only gets her beef from her bubble.
-Massive ammount of lifesteal from his passive plus Hextech Gunblade will keep him alive in team fights
-if you can force people to fight on your spirit fire, its a constant spellvamp
- with his ult, and this build, the sand shreds for (endgame) 9% of hp per second, now granted, it DOES have a 240 damage cap, but what that means is that someone pretty much needs over 2500hp for the cap to be reached
-if you arent communicating to your team what your building, they may wrongfully assume youre the tank in blind pick solo queue
- if a whole team focus's you, and your team does nothing, you will die
-if your ult isnt up, your teamfighting ability is a tad more limited
Of course, the bread and butter. I, for one, am not so reliant on it. EXCELLENT endgame NUKE. absolutely destroys people. alrhough I usually am not so reliant on the farm for it. i uaually only end up with like 250 extra damage on it in about a 40 minute match. combined with lich bane proc though, I still do about 800 with it. I should probably farm with it more lol.
A HIGHLY slept on move from nasus. easily the best slow in the game. outside of maybe nunu's ult. allows him to fight the likes of xin's and win, becuase the one thing they go for is nerfed to hell. This is what makes nasus a superior melee champ compared to other melee's...now how does he beat casters....
Spirti fire since the recent buff, I've been called op by so many champs lol. fact is, most people still say that maxing Siphoning Strike first is the way to go. I cant agree anymore. the frontloaded damage on this thing is INCREDIBLE early game, and what allows him to beat almost any champ mid at this point. if you harrass your enemy enough they usually do one of 3 things
1. move to the side of a minion wave so that you cant hit them while pushing...thats fine. more time to farm your q. keep harrassing them with it
2. stay with the minions and try to outharrass you. that wont happen if you know what your doing. the range of this things aoe is about the size of what annie can use to shoot her q as it is. add to that, the range to SET UP the aoe is about the same as its range on activation. THEN think about the fact that from where u set it up, thats the center portion of the flame. the only person that could possbly outharrass this is maybe Twisted Fate but his q is too slow to catch you from max distance
3. they turret hug and wait for the jungler to help them. once again, thats fine. wipe out their minion wave in about 2 seoonds, then run back to safety as the turret takes out their gold.
in other words. THERE IS NO BEATING SPIRIT FIRE. in the laning phase anyway. the upfront damage is higher than brands pilar of flame, better ap ratio, its an instant, with a wider range, and a dot. I really havent lost mid or solotop with this move since the buff.
I go with mostly caster runes for my early game. magic pen marks, cdr per level glyphs, and flat mana regen seals. I go with movement speed quints, because for ap nasus to be effective, he needs to really stick to people, and get off as many attacks in his Spirit Fire as he can. You have no idea how many kills I've gotten on people simply running along side them with my ult up without actually being in attacking range. Other possible quints are of course armor pen for easier last hitting on minions, magic pen for a more harrassive Spirit Fire in laning and flat Hp quints for more survivablity early on.
I go with a standard 9/0/21 with a point in exhaust, and aiming for every mana regen and cooldown reduction mastery possible. i put a point in quickness instead of greed, because nasus needs speed, and greed isnt noticeable enough for me.