Nautilus Build Guide by vXm Lev
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Pros / Cons
+ // Massive amounts of CC
+ // Good damage output
+ // Strong ganks pre-6
+ // Amazing ganks post-6
- // Slower than other popular junglers
- // Health drops really low early on
- // Needs a competent team
Marks - Attack Speed
Seals - Armor
Glyphs - Magic Resistance
Quintessences - Movement Speed
Aegis of the Legion - sometimes your support will be happy if you get this item for him, sometimes he will want to get it himself or just finished before you can do it. If so, that's no problem! Just don't get it and get a different item in its slot. I will give good alternative choices at the end of this chapter.
Frozen Heart - much like Aegis of the Legion, some supports want to get this item, or sometimes even your top or mid lane ( Ryze for example.) While having multiple of this one is not too bad because the stats it gives to the owner are just so strong, you might want to look into another source of armor. But take care to get enough CDR in your build if you leave Frozen Heart out.
Abyssal Scepter - there might be several reasons not to get this - one of your team's AP champions already has it and the aura would be wasted, or you need less / more MRes. If any of those is the case, feel free to get a different MRes item accordingly.
Mercury's Treads - if you want to gank really much, Boots of Mobility are a pretty good choice. Combined with the movement speed from your Runes and Masteries, you will be running around the map really fast and be able to reach any lane or objective quickly.
Try to achieve a good mix of resistances and health while maintaining high CDR (cooldown-reduction).
How to play
- Red and blue buff - 5 minutes
- Dragon - 6 minutes
- Baron - 7 minutes
- Use your ultimate on one of their carries. This will usually make your ultimate hit their whole team because the tanks should stand in front of the carries to protect them. If they don't, you will win anyway (lol). The stun duration on the carry should be enough for your own ones to kill him.
- Don't blindly charge in with your Dredge Line trying to get to their carry to use your Riptide and Staggering Blow on him. Use these skills to protect your own carries from incoming threats.
This is my first guide ever and I actually just wanted to give a short overview for a good friend of mine (hi Jessica!). It got longer than I intended it to...
Credit for the design and big thanks go to jhoijhoi!
Feedback in the comments is appreciated and thanks for reading.
05/21/12 - changed Magic Penetration marks into Attack Speed marks - thanks, Phil Collins!
06/21/12 - added Boots of Mobility to alternative item choices