Nautilus Build Guide by Jackazz
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Jackazz's Nautilus Jungle Guide
He's big. He's strong. He's unforgiving. It's... Nautilus
Hi everyone, I'm Jackazzz and this is my very first guide about my favorite champion: Nautilus. I tried very hard making this guide good and fun to read, as well being useful. If you like jungling, you will probably like Nautilus.
This guide was made based on experience. My main and favorite role is the jungler. So do not base this guide on it's looks, but try it out and let me know how it worked out for you in the comments or tell me what I can change about this guide.
+ A lot of CC
+ Moar CC
+ Good ganker
+ Good engager
+ A lot of escapability
+ Doesn't die a lot
+ Awesome animation
- Very slow jungler
- Slow movement speed
- No support abilities
Since Nautilus is a main tank, you will want to take 21 points in the Defense tree. But since he also is a slow jungler, 9 points in Offense might come in handy. If you want to put the 9 points in Utility, you can do that too for the increased buff duration.
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
Greater Glyph of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
The reason I only picked 2 kind of runes is simple: jungling. My theory is that if you are good in the jungle, you won't have to worry about late game. That being said, Nautilus is a very slow jungler, so we need attack speed. Lots of it. And to empower the sustain in the jungle, I take armour.
Smite: Necessary for jungling with Nautilus.
Exhaust: This can make your ganks easier, and during teamfights you can use this for the AD/AP carry.
||space||Flash: If you want to. I don't find myself in a lot of situations where I need flash.|
Passive: Imobilize enemies with autoattacks. A stun when you autoattack a target(including extra damage). This means that you can get a stun on every single enemy champion within 5 seconds in a teamfight. Staggering Blow is also an awesome follow-up to Dredge Line
Pull yourself to your enemy and your enemy to you. This ability is a mix between Bandage Toss and Rocket Grab. Extremely useful for ganks, but even more for escaping! If you cast Dredge Line on a nearby wall/friendly tower, you will be pulled to that tower/wall. Think of this when you find yourself in a sticky situation ^^
Shield yourself while doing damage to targets around you. A shield that gives you an AoE with damage over time as long as the shield isn't broken. Very good for jungling, as you will do 'tons of damage' to the creeps around you while not hitting them.
Explosions around you that damage and slow enemies. This can be used in the jungle, as it deals a lot of damage, and targets can be hit more than once by Riptide since the explosions come in 3 waves. Also a very useful skill for ganking and escaping.
A knockup that follows the target. This is targetable and every enemy on the path gets knocked up too. This can be extremely useful in chasing/teamfights. Or you could use it to escape.
We want to take Titan's Wrath first because of the shielding and damage. Then the best thing to do is maximize Riptide first because that way you still have AoE damage for jungling, while also making your ganks better (higher slow %). I take one point for Dredge Line at level 3 for ganking, but I max it last. And of course you want your Depth Charge to be upgraded whenever possible.
- ==> philosopher's stone Since you already have a lot of armour from your runes and masteries, you can buy a Regrowth Pendant. This will upgrade your sustain in the jungle for ganks. On your first trip back you can buy a philosopher's stone for mana regeneration (supposing you don't have the blue buff anymore).
- ==> You can buy an early Heart of Gold for health and extra gold since you can't kill minions like other lanes. This can also be built into a Randuin's Omen late game.
- This is your main item. It gives you a sh*tload of health and once it's full, you'll be a grown man/tank.
- An easy reason: having a lot of CC whilst not receiving a lot of CC. If the enemy team has few CC, you can also take:
- You can take these if the enemy team has a lot of AD and few CC. Only situational
- shurelya's reverie Instead of starting off with a Heart of Gold, you can get a philosopher's stone and build it into a shurelya's reverie later on. If you want to be a more supporting tank, you can get this but also;
- This is a kind of main tank item, with a supportive aura.
- If you have a Heart of Gold, you can choose between Locket of the Iron Solari and Randuin's Omen depending on the situation.
Start off at the wolves and let your teammates help you. Then immeadiately go over to the blue buff and let your team at least pull/leash it. Check if top/mid needs a quick gank, otherwise go to the wraiths. Proceed to red buff and smite should be at about 10 second cooldown now, so you can just start already. After red check/ask if bottom is warded and try to gank mid/bottom lane. From now on you're free. Just remember:
ALWAYS prioritize ganking over jungling
Jungling is really about adapting. So this picture is only for people who are new to jungling. Try to help out your teammates when they are in need, since a won lane is far more important than you having killed the wraiths and golems 1 more time.
If a lane is being pushed, this is what you can do:
- Go into the lane (but let your teammate know!!) and try to kill the enemy champion
- Go into the lane, scare him away and then leave
- Just kill jungle creeps close around the lane so you can pass by whenever needed in the lane. You can also start counter jungling. This way you also mess up the other junglers route.
Nautilus is one of the most fun champions to play with because he is very hard to kill and has a huge load of CC. He is not hard to play and I hope you enjoy playing him as much as I do!
If you liked this guide, then please give it a like. If you didn't like my guide, then please tell me why in the comments so I can adapt to the comments.
I will be adding videos and photos of Nautilus gameplay soon!
Have fun playing the sailor Nautilus!
I would like to thank the following people:
JhoiJhoi for the guide about how to make a guide
Gifted Rebel for helping me get information where needed