Ezreal Build Guide by Reyyx
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
SITUATIONAL Defence Items
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
EZREAL "The Prodigal Explorer"
Greetings and Welcome to my Guide fellow MobaFire users!
I'm Espen HansN "TAM Reyyx" 21years old from the cold country Norway!
The last years ive been playing all sort of games, COD, Hon, BF, TSW, WoW, CS, W3,
Diablo, and so on. And now its finally time to play some League of Legends seriously.
So now Im dedicating my time to play League of Legends 24/7, So have a very good
understanding of the game mechanic. Hope you fellow MobaFire browsers will enjoy this "guide/build" I can also point out that this is my very first guide in League of Legends,so ye be nice hehe, I will do my very best, And hope you guys will learn something from this!
First off I Have loved Ezreal since I first saw him and ever since then, Ive been playing him as my main Champion in thousands of matches now!
And I got only good things to say about him really. Very fun champion to play
if you like a challenge, he is a champion that is skillshot based for the full 100%.
Nothing you do will be "luck" when you kill someone. Also love that you have an ekstra escape with Arcane Shift That really pays off. Skillshots fits me perfectly, cause like i said before ive tryed many sort of games, so I can take with me some knowledge from others games into this as I play Ezreal. So ye he is my favorite champion in this game :) And ye hope this guide will help you out, will answer your questions fast aswell ;)
This is a Great build for you guys! hope you will enjoy it as much as I do :)
What will this guide cover?
In this guide i will be going through my choices of runes, masteries, skill sequence, items, gameplay, tips, teamfights, and try to explain everything to you. By the way.
Uppdated every day, every hour!
I will be adding new stuffs and change alot in this guide/build for staying 100% 24/7 Uppdated! so you won`t miss a thing when your going in game! :)
Pros / Cons
+ High Skillcap.
+ Strong poke.
+ Attack speed buff.
+ Easily escapes ganks.
+ Good full game damage.
+ Escape with Arcane Shift.
+ High mobility.
+ Team Steroid Essence Flux.
+ Personal Steroid Rising Spell Force.
+ Globally ranged ultimate.
+ Awesome Theme skin.
- Needs alot of gold.
- Highly focused.
- Difficult to master because of "Skillshots".
- He has no Crowd-control.
- Can be block by minions or enemy.
- Theme skin cost pretty much "3350 RP".
I use to go all damage for Ezreal. He is a verry simple AD carry to position and escape with Arcane Shift and FlashSo spend the extra points in damage if you can.
Summoner's Wrath : For the upgraded Ignite.
Brute Force :Some extra damage to help your early game.
Flurry:Some extra attack speed, raises your damage output.
Weapon Expertise :[10% Armor Penetration, this is one of the reasons why we can have so few armor penetration runes.
Deadliness :Some extra attack damage that scales throughout the game.
Lethality : For when you have your Trinity Force and Infinity Edge. With these items your crit chance will be 40% and your critical strikes will hit for 260% damage!!!
Frenzy: Goes well together and also supplement a Phantom Dancer Infinity Edge build.
Havoc :Nice with some extra damage!.
Sunder :6 flat armor penetration! this is 1 of the reason why we dont need to have so much armor penetration runes.
Executioner :6% increased damage against champions below 40% health, this awesome mastery is often the difference between a secured kill and an enemy with 20 hp.
Hardiness Being a AD carry, you will need some extra armor so you can take some harass on you.
Durability So you Can take a little bit of harass.
Veteran's Scars The flat HP you gain, is awesome for early game harass, but Relentless Is great aswell, if you want to reduce the effectiveness of slows, So you can choice one of those. I would go for the HP.
Resistance I found out that It was the best place to put my last point.
Recommended Summoner Spells
Teleports your champion toward your cursor's location: This is the most used Summoner spell in the game, You can use it to escape through walls or anything that is in range for it or you can use it to get far away from your enemy, especially when used along with Arcane Shift
TIPS: - You can also use it to dodge abilities like Ashe Enchanted Crystal Arrow and alot of other abilities.
- You can both use it defensively and offensively.
Ignites target enemy unit, dealing 70-410 true damage over 5 seconds and reduces healing effects on the target for the duration: Another great spell, You can use it for securing kills.
Shields your champion for 95 + (20 per level) for 2 seconds:: Barrier is a very underestimated summoner spell, It is perfectly for preventing you from dying, Saved me a million times. TIP: Activate it when your getting jumped on by the jungle or the top laner.
Your champion ignores unit collision and has 27% increased Movement Speed for 10 seconds: If you prefer to outrun your enemies, swap Flashfor this. But remember taking this spell can be pretty pointless. I think its a summoner spells just for the low levels, cause
Exchauts target champion, reducing theyr movement speed by 30%, attack speed by 50%, attack damage dealt by 30%, and ability and item damage dealt by 30% for 2,5 seconds. 210 second cooldown: Great spell, as it prevents Enemys from escaping, allowing you to do alot of damage on him or even get an easy kill. You can also use it defensiv to escape from ganks. But this is the spell you want your support to pick, instead of you.
Restores 100-355 Health (Depending on champion level) to your champion and to nearby allies. 300 second cooldown: It was awesome against hard lanes, but since the nerf... People have taken Igniteinstead.
Removes all disables and summoner spells debuffs affecting your champion and lowers the duration of incoming disables by 65% for 3 seconds. ( Does not remove the healing reduction from ignite) 210 second cooldown: Also a good Spell, Used most for escaping ganks.
Rising Spell Force (Passive) Hitting a target with any of Ezreal's abilities increases his attack speed by 10% for 6 seconds, Stacking it up 5 times: This ability stacks up to 5 times. You gain 5 Stacks after casting Trueshot Barrage.
] Mystic Shot (Q) Ezreal fires a bolt of energy that deals 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 (+1.0 per attack damage) (+20% of ability power) physical damage and applies on-hit effects. If it strikes an enemy unit it reduces all of Ezreal's cooldowns by 1 second: This is your main ability, right now its on a low cooldown and it really cheap to use.
- You can use this to check brushes for enemies, easy to see if you hit someone + it will make a sound.
- Make sure to always hit, as when it hits an enemy, all cooldowns are reduced by 1 second!
- Using this when you farm can allow you to fire your ultimate every 30 seconds.
Essence Flux (W)Ezreal fires a fluctuating wave of energy at a targeted area. Any enemy champions it passes through take 70 / 115 / 160 / 205 / 250 (+80% of ability power) magic damage, while any allied champions it travels through have their attack speed increased by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 % for 5 seconds.
- You can also check bushes with this skill.
- When you shoot you hear a sound, if someone is hiding or in stealth.
Arcane Shift (E) Ezreal teleports to a target nearby location and fires a homing arrow at the nearest enemy unit dealing 75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+75% of ability power) magic damage: This spell will save you so many times, just used it right + you can used it to position arround in teamfights.
- You can use this to dodge out any of Blitzcrank Rocket Grab, as casting this in the grab animation cancels it, allowing you to teleport away.
- The homing missle you shoot when casting, also targets invisible champions that are in range at the location you jump to.
- You can also bush check with this spell. " Don`t have to jump in the bush"
Trueshot Barrage (R Ezreal channels for 1 second to fire a powerful barrage of energy missiles, which deal 350 / 500 / 650 (+1.0 per bonus attack damage) (+90% of ability power) magic damage to each enemy unit they pass through. However, it deals 8% less damage for each additional unit it hits (30% minimum damage).
- It loses 8% of its total damage for every unit it passes trough.
- This ultimate, can`t be interrupted/stopped by anny champions.
Your role is simple to deal as much damage as you possible can, while standing out of focus,
So stay behind your team always! Then wait for your team to initiation or the enemy team to initiation. After that, go with your team, and get your buff Essence Flux"W" up so all will be buffed then start fighting!
You should always focus their AD carry, or if not possible, other damage dealers. When those are down you will definetely win that fight :)
During the teamfight:
- You should always look for a good opportunity to shoot your Trueshot Barrage"R". TIP for ulti: Be sure you will hit more then 1 target.
- If your getting focussed really hard, use your Arcane Shift"E" to get a bit behind your team.
- Hit your allied and Enemy champions with Essence Flux"W", So you can get your Passive Rising Spell Force up in stacks.
- Remember to poke them hard aswell.
I think its best to go with this, instead of buying a Doran's Blade just because you will need the extra speed to harassing the enemy opponents while not missing out on any farm. And you can easely get away from early ganks.
This is what I do. First I buy 2x Doran's Blade
Then I buy my Vampiric Scepter and then uppgrade my Berserker's Greaves.
But it depends on how much gold you have earned. If i have dominated my lane and have enough money for a B. F. Sword I would rather go for that one for most damage.
The Bloodthirster Gives you the most flat AD out of all items.
More will be up soon!
Here I will explain you why I use theese Runes! I have gone through every runes and tested them out to figure out what fits me the best and what I think its the best right now!
9x Theese runes will spice up your damage more.
And It`s great for harassing enemy carries and last hitting minions.
9x Greater Seal of Armor - You need armor to be able to trade efficiently with your enemy AD Carry, Ezreal is way too squishy without these and It is stronk throug the whole game.
- Magic resist is a stat you won't live long without, from mid game on. I recommend taking 5 of these to bulk you up a little. They will also help you survive harassment early game. Then I take 4 on Greater Glyph of Scalling Mana Regeneration instead, for more harass you can deal.
3x Greater Quintessence of Attack.
One quintessence gives you 2.25 Attack Damage, so all three will give you 6,75 Attack Damage! That you will need for last hiting And the flat AD is always nice in hand!!!
(Q): Take it at level 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9. It deals the most damage of all your basic spells and applies on-hit effect for massive Life-Steal or damage via Sheen. It also reduces cooldowns while it still has a low cooldown.
(W): I Take it at level 4 just to have it. Then I max it last and getting it at level 14, 15, 17, and 18. You can max this before Arcane Shift if you think that you'll benefit more from the Attack Speed buff rather than a short cooldown-damagedealing Flash.
(E): Your escape/damage spell. Take it at level 2 and max it second. You also get it at level 8, 10, 12, and maxing it at level 13. I max this before Essence Flux because of the increased damage and shortened cooldown.
(R):The ultimate skill. As it's your ultimate you will max it first and you ALWAYS get it at level 6, 11 and maxing it at level 16.
Kiting & Checking
Kiting like a boss!
Ezreal You got a very long ranged spell Mystic Shot"Q" so that is the main ability you have for kiting enemys from a long distance. Homeever, If they start catching up to you, You can always Arcane Shift"E" away to expand the distance between you and the enemy, so you can either continue to kite him like a boss or you can easely get away if you dont think you can kill him! Ezreal is the Master of kiting, so do it right and I can promise you, you wil have alot of fun with him! :)
All of Ezreal's skills have scouting capabilities, So i can explain you wich one is best, why it is the best and some tips!
So we can start off with hes "Q" Mystic Shot This is your main scouting tool. It has a very longe range, so because of that you can acually feel pretty safe shooting into bushes without getting killed in 2 seconds.
- I usually shoot my "Q" Mystic Shot into the enemy bush if I wanted to invade that side, just because you can easely keep distance from them. So If you hear anny swoosh sound and you can see your passive is coming up, you know 100% that someone is hiding there.
Then we have our "W" Essence Flux This one on the other side is SHORTER range, so you always need to have your eyes wide open! Alot easyere for them to jump on you and even get a fast kill on you. So be carefull! :) But still a pretty good ability to check bushes, and It`s pretty much the same as your "Q" Mystic Shot only with shorter range and you will still hear that sound.
So the third spell you got is "E" Arcane Shift on this spell you acually need to use it right before the bush, so your Auto-Shoot will fire into the bush and hit your enemy if theyre hiding in theyre. This spell I normally dont use for bush checking but it still works!
Notes: - It will also hit people in invis like Teemo Example.
- You dont need to jump inside the bush, It`s enough to jump infront of it!
Here is your last ability! The ultimate Trueshot Barrage This ultimate as you already know, can be used over the whole map so somethimes you can acually see some enemys hiding in bushes across the map. But NEVER use your ulti for that reason alone! :)
Farming with Ezreal
Ezreal Because of the Flat AD runes i used it will be alot easyere for you to get those last hits, just autoattack to get last hits. If you get zoned out use your "Q" Mystic Shot for last hitting and sniping those minions. Cooldown on "Q" Mystic Shot is so low that you should use it to farm from time to time! To lower your cooldowns on other spells (especially on R).
- When there are two creeps low on HP use "Q" Mystic Shot on one of them and auto attack the other to get both.
- You'll just have to practice
- Mage minion, hit the minion once, then let the tower deal the next hit. This will leave the minion with very low HP, allowing you to take the last hit.
- Melee minions, let the tower hit it twice, this will leave them with very low HP, allowing you to take the last hit.
- Siege minions you'll simply have to wait and calculate in your mind when to shoot.
9/10Blitzcrank One of my favorite supports! His massive CC, burst and pull complements Ezreal's burst very well.
8/10Leona One of the best supports that Ezreal can have. Also my second favorite! Her charge and stun ability is very good for Ezreal. Her "passive" Sunlight is procced by your "Q" Mystic Shot, So overall a great combination. She is a good support to play with if you want to go aggressive in lane.
8/10Taric Crowd controll, along with sustain. His "passive" Shatter helps you trade better. He is one of the best Support to go along with Ezreal
6/10Alistar Crowd control. An Alistar initiate and CC together, burst equals to an almost guaranteed kill every time.
7/10Janna Crowd control. As you may have understood by now, crowd control is key to winning a lane with Ezreal, her Eye Of The Storm also increases your AD while shielding you, allowing for great trades.
Nunu Hes movement/attack speed bonuses, is really good for Ezreal, as you're not building much attack speed.
Lulu Rock, one of the best if not the best support ingame! But no one under 2000 elo can play her, my opinion!
Soraka Great sustain, and her ulti is Great for the whole team! my opinion only reason for picking her is if the enemy team has a Karthus then you can counter hes ultimate with yours.
Sona Very good poking combo.
In this chapter I will go over some tips and tricks Ive already told you earlyer but some are new to :)
- "Q" Mystic Shot Decreases the cooldown of every spell you have, use it so much as you can when your (mana is no longer a problem).
- "W" Essence Flux]is a great way of stacking your "Passive"[[Rising Spell Force
- "W" Essence Flux You can use it for poking enemies behind minions.
- "E" Arcane Shift Save it for getaways or chases, never use it to engage on an enemy unless you are 100% sure you will kill him.
- "E" Arcane Shift Can be used to help line up your other abilities, but avoid using it in situations that would leave you vulnerable.
- "E" Arcane Shift Can be used to steal buffs, dragon or baron "use your Arcane Shift to get over walls and be sure you have your Flash ready, so you can get out quick.
- "R" Trueshot Barrage You can use it to snipe enemies low on health or steal buffs across the map cause its a "Global Ultimate". It can`t be interrupted.
- "R" Trueshot Barrage is a great way to clear minion waves when you're not close enough to do it, or if you have to get a wave down quickly.
- "R" Trueshot Barrage Can be used in the beginning of a teamfight on the enemy team to instantly stack your "Passive" Rising Spell Force to its max potential, this will also deal a lot of AoE damage.
- "R" Trueshot Barrage Can also be used to steal Baron/Dragon.
- You are very fragile, so make the enemies come to you instead of rushing into them.
- Smartcast is a great way to increase your damage output and burst, if possible, use this at all times. I use it at all times.
- Blue Buff "mana regen and cooldown reduction" and Red Buff " procs on his Mystic Shot, making it slow and DoT the enemy hit". So grab these as often as you can.
- And remember ALL of your abilities can be used to check bushes!
New Ranked System!
NEW RANKED SYSTEM!
Can you walk me though an example of how the league system works?
Sure. For the sake of illustration, let’s take the hypothetical (and non-existent) player Steve McQueen. Steve completes his placement matches and falls into division three of the Silver tier. He’s then placed into a league with up to 250 other Silver tier players. Based on their skill level, these players are evenly distributed across the five Silver tier divisions, so Steve’s league contains around 50 players in each division. When Steve acquires 100 League Points by winning ranked games, he’ll have the opportunity to play a Division Series to move up. If he were already in division one, he’d get to play a Promotion Series to break into a new league in the Gold tier.
I'd like to thanks the MobaFire community for reading my guide and my friends who supported me into making the build, and I hope you will vote/comment this build, both negativ or positive, so it can be better!
Uppdates will ALWAYS be added 24/7 so stay tuned! :)
Pulsefire Ezreal Awaiting Your Command!