Blitzcrank Build Guide by haAnswiNkor
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Ideal Core Items
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Blitzcrank with this build
Currently: streaming blitzcrank games!
Please Watch Live-Streams + Videos if you want to truly learn the Champion.
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's YouTube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch Live-Stream!
Season 4 (1 Trick Yordle):
Platinum 1 (0 LP) to Diamond 5 in 8 Games:
This Guide will be updated very frequently, so please check back.
1. Displacement + CC Kit
2. One Grab Game Changer
3. 2nd Life with
1. Zero Sustain, Danger of Getting Harassed
2. 0 Escape Ability
3. Unreliable Skillshot
4. Mana Hungry
Always Remember: One Rocket Grab can Change the Game
Ideal Final Item Build
- Stack that Tear ASAP! (Spam Your Abilities in Fountain)
2. - Roaming + Catch Potential
3. - Vision Control
Itemization becomes COMPLETELY Situational from here.
- Carries need saving!
- Team is Super Ahead
Situational Tank Item is Recommended for Last Item.
- Best Upgrade from
+ 2nd Shield + ( + ) Both scale off of AP
- vs Heavy Poke + Combo Champs
- vs Heavy AoE or AP Team Comps
- Team Lacks Hard CC + Strong + Never Escape Once Hooked
- vs Heavy AD Comps
zeke's herald - If your team is Heavy AD
Blitzcrank's Passive: Mana Barrier
- 2nd Chance of Survival + Tankiness
This is why is SO IMPORTANT for .
This can be also a HUGE bait + makes enemies tower dive into bad situations.
Always make sure this is NOT ON CD when you try and bait enemies!
Always pay attention to your Mana Pool! (Otherwise, you might get little to no shield)
Blitzcrank's Q: Rocket Grab
Blitzcrank's W: Overdrive
Blitzcrank's E: Powerfist
- Main CC Tool (NOT used for damaging purposes)
This should always be followed up with a successful
This resets your Auto-Attack, allowing you to get in as many AAs as possible.
Basic Combo (Maximum Damage Output):
--> AA --> --> AA --> to secure kill.
Blitzcrank's Ultimate: Static Field
- AoE Magic DMG + Silence
This can be very annoying for your ADC as it ticks on minions + pushes the wave.
Let this tick when standing near a Single Enemy as it does more over time.
Activate this to cancel important enemy spells + AoE damage in a teamfight.
If you are going to grab him, grab away from your ADC.
He is considered a hard counter, but he is extremely squishy pre-6.
Burst him down and get an early level 2.
She will beat your Pre-6 if you land no grabs and get Harrassed down
She will beat you Post-6 as well with her .
Please land a grab on her or the ADC for the much needed early lead.
How to Grab like CLG Doublelift
There are MANY DIFFERENT WAYS to Rocket Grab
1. You can just do a casual in-lane + in-brush at the AD Carry
-Diagnoal OR Blind into Second brush
-Get your TARGET MISSILE DISPLAY READY
-Remember that your Range is a bit longer than the Target Missile Display
2. You can the low hp Minions in front of you in order to
A very good example is in this video. CLG vs. Dignitas IEM Hanover Match
There are 3 Moments of the Combo in this video.
The 3 different times in the youtube video are at:
42:00 AND 48:10 AND 51:00
Carefully watch how Doublelift the LOW HP minions in front of him in order to land
Blitzcrank lane is very weak level 1 and it's almost always a good idea to invade depending on YOUR Level 1 team comp vs the enemy team comp at level 1.
Your job is to hit level 2 ASAP and pressure the lane meanwhile denying vision in the brush you are standing in with the sweeping lens. Shove the lane ASAP and play aggressive as possible but if they hit level 2 first then it's over for your level 2 aggression.
1. SHOULD be zoning out the other ad carry from farming or getting any experience.
2. Try sitting in brushes trying to get some diagonal grabs on the ad carry.
3. Lane Swap and Deny the Enemy Top laner who might be the problem into mid/late game.
Blitzcrank lane should not be Passive if possible
It should be done with an Aggressive AD Carry Champ and be able to KILL the lane.
***GRAB THE AD CARRY NOT THE TANK SUPPORT***
*Unless it's Sivir who is skilled with spell shields, then look for a grab on the NON-TANKY support*
This is the scary point of blitzcrank and the threat and the lack of vision on Blitzcrank can really make the enemy team pretty paranoid.
Roaming is by far the best option at this point in the game as it pressures ALL the lanes and jungle as well.
Hopefully, you have shut down the bot lane and got the tower first before you do this roaming...
Ward the river or the tribush, and make sure your ADC is confident and not stupid enough to lane alone.
***(Your ADC should be freezing the lane when you roam)***
It is HIGHLY recommended you roam with a jungler with some CC
Roam with a mid laner who can push lane really hard and can have global presence or just really good for roaming.
Go Gank Mid, go ward their jungle, go steal their jungle, take dragon control.
Make sure you get a Red SightStone and ward the 3 most important places around the map. Give vision to your team for you to make plays with Rocket Grabs.
Try and catch a few members off guard, most likely their mid laner or the jungler if they are near the bot lane. Always stick with your mid laner/jungler who has CC or just take someone with you who can roam really welll in general. Be a threat, show your presence in lane and also out of lane.
Where Blitzcrank Gets to be the Hero
1. at important places around the map, dragon, baron, jungle choke points or jungle buffs
2. Be an obnoxious scout, Press W, and run around, to check for enemy wards with sweeping lens, or enemies who are caught off guard.
3. Force Dragon Control and Baron Control
4. Scare people away (zoning, having control of space, disorient their formation)
You CAN be an initiator as long as you have a 5v5 teamfight comp, otherwise remember to peel with your abilities.
This is why I highly recommend picking Blitzcrank ONLY if you have a snowball team or a full engage team with someone else Stunning or engaging the enemy which makes it SUPER easy for you to grab priority targets in skirmishes.
Thanks to Vision Nerfs, it's always important to be hidden as Blitzcrank
Showing yourself: ***WILL GIVE THAT MUCH CONFIDENCE TO THE OTHER TEAM***
***LEARN TO BE SNEAKY WITH BLITZCRANK***
Here.You Determine the Outcome of the Match
Your Rocket Grab can COMPLETELY turn around the game to your Favour or the enemy's favour
1.If you can grab the AD/AP Carry (which you won't be able to easily at any high elo) grab them.
2.If NOT, press W and act like you are going to grab someone, this will mess up their positioning and confidence (obnoxious)
3. Give yourself some room, tell your teammates to clear the minion waves before doing anything.
4. A sudden FLASH and then ROCKET GRAB combo can work really well as an initiation.
5. This is when gets really handy. Activate it, rocket grab someone. This can be used with flash as well.
A HUGE teamfight has started before you did anything. What do you do?
1. Your #1 job is to PEEL with as much as you can for your ADC, NOTHING ELSE IS IMPORTANT
2. Make sure to use your ultimate when you are in the middle of the team fight so that your AoE silence and damage affects EVERYONE. Your AoE silence is quite effective in canceling some ultimates so use it wisely.
Thanks for Reading my Blitzcrank Guide!
Subscribe to haAnswiNkor's Youtube Channel!
Watch haAnswiNkor on Twitch LiveStream!
Like haAnswiNkor's Facebook Page!
Follow haAnswiNkor on Twitter!
Things to Remember and Keep in Mind
1. You are an INITIATOR/PEELER. (Highly Recommend another Reliable Initiator)
2. Practice your (Go practice any other champs that require skillshots)
3. Go EXPLORE the map for any possible grabs that you can pull off. (THERE ARE SO MANY PLACES)
4. POSITIONING IS KEY. (Be Hidden, have Sweeping Lens, take vision away, play sneaky)
5. Have GREAT team communication and synergy. (Knowing when to grab is very important)
When you get real good with Blitzcrank, you can steal Dragons as well!