Nidalee Build Guide by Arih
Not Updated For Current Season
AD Nidalee Solo Top
Not Updated For Current Season
This is a guide aimed to understand & learn how to play Nidalee in such way that other players will reckon and fear your playstyle. It is aimed both to beginners and players with a higher skill. I will explain in detail how to encounter specific champions so that you will improve your playstyle and in the end possibly be able to counter any champion.
In this guide you will learn how to:
- Grow as a top laner
- Escape Different Situations
- Play Nidalee in different ways
- Encounter the HARDEST top laners available
- And you will finally learn how to pewpew your lane
Pros / Cons
- Greater Seal of Armor These armor runes gives you more tankyness in your lane and will help you survive far more than you would without.
- greater mark of armor penetration These runes are great when playing AD Nidalee. Her Takedown is based on AD and her auto attacks combined with Primal Surge will be great damage on your enemies.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist The reason I go for these runes instead of Greater Glyph of Magic Resist is that you rarely face any AP toplaner nowadays and because of that you will profit more from the mr/level.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage These quints are only used for the easier last hits on minions. Because your AD is very low due to other runes, we go for these runes only to boost up our AD a bit in the laning phase.
This mastery boosts your exhaust (lowers their armor & mr) or ignite (+5 AP & AD) depending on your choice. If ur going for any of those summoner spells this mastery is a must. Because -10 arm & mr on an exhaust is quite insane for a Nidalee early game thus Nidalee has both magic & ad spells.
This mastery lowers ur CDR with 4% it might not seem that much but the CD of her heal and her Q is decreased and her traps eill get more frequently used.
This mastery is definitively needed because if you suffer from bad last hitz it is probably due to your runes and because we only got the quintessences pure AD this little boost will help you significantly if your last hits are bad.
Because Nidalee is a great pusher and escaper this mastery will help you bring down the towers you are pushing fast and therefore make you more useful pusher.
We are aiming for the armor penetration mastery, that's why we chose this mastery. In addition some extra AD is never hurting.
Now we got the armor pen. The armor penetration you get here will make your autoattacks hit more, and your Takedown will hurt more on the enemies.
Due to our runes not being so offensive (slack of Attack Damage) we go for this particular mastery to give us a boost in our attack damage. The more attack damage you get, the more it hurts on the enemy because of our arm pen runes.
Along with this mastery, your auto attacks early game will hurt. Your armor penetration is significantly increased and therefore your auto attacks will get fierce.
This mastery combined with Takedown will make you more confident wether you will succeed killing an enemy with Takedown or not. Therefore this is one of the most important masteries available for Nidalee.
Abilities & Skill Sequence
(Q) Javelin Toss
This is your poke ability, the damage of javelin toss gets more the further away you throw the spear. This damage scales with ability power.
This is Nidalee's Q ability when she is in her cougar form. This damage is based on attack damage and how much hp the opponent has. This will furthermore be your finishing move when battling other players.
This spell places a trap on targeted location. If an enemy steps in the trap you get vision of them. Bushwack is one of Nidalee's core spells. If used properly you won't even get ganked because you can easily escape because of the vision the trap gives you.
Pounce is Nidalee's escaping ability, it is similar to flassh. We will be talking a lot about how to use Pounce to escape and survive. This spell makes Nidalee leap towards the direction she is turned to. It deals damage on the spot Nidalee lands on.
(E) Primal Surge
Primal Surge is a heal that scales with AP. The heal also gives attack speed. Both heal and attack speed is increased when you level up the skill.
Swipe is a damaging ability that deals damage to all enemies in a close range in front of Nidalee. It's not an aim spell so it's basically damaging enemies in front of you.
(R) Aspect of the cougar
This is Nidalee's ultimate ability. Using her R transforms her into a fierce cougar with new abilities. To use.