Leona Build Guide by calyx deuced
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, this is my second guide, and if you read my other guide, you will know i don't write typical guides :), while i was browsing through my owned champions i found this little sunshine called
Leona, why didn't i play her? i can't support with her, i also can't solo, so what does that leave me with?
But, Calyx, Leona is a tank not a jungler(said little hipster voice in my head).
Here is where its wrong, she can, and more importantly she should. And in this little, but steadily growing guide ill show you why. Just stay with me, and let the sun shine upon you.:)
P.S. TO MAKE THIS CLEAR, THIS IS MY GUIDE, IT IS NOT FOR RANKED IT IS FOR FUN!
Pros / Cons
+ // Lots of CC.
+ // Early ganks.
+ // Tank.
+ // Blinding light.
- // Not the fastest jungler.
- // Needs some help at the start.
- // Not strong 1v1.
- // There are shaded champs.
This nice setup gives you some ad for early jungle, sustain to survive this strange and outrageous idea, and utility to provide you fast leveling and income.
Greater Quintessence of Gold
Greater Seal of Gold
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
Runes are focused on giving you DPS and money, so if you have to babysit someone money is still coming in nicely.
Lets talk about summoner spells now.
I guess this does not need much explaining, if we want to jungle with our Sunshine , we need this one.
This one will always help you to gank, or run away more easily.
This is time to talk about skills on our glorious Sun in the jungle:
- Sunlight (Passive): This illuminating passive is not effective in the jungle, but in the fight you your team can deal more damage.
- Shield of Daybreak (Q): Now this is where the love begins, you can stun enemies so your team can go crazy on them, also nice damage on monsters, and towers. I max it second for cooldown on the stun.
- Eclipse (W): This little baby will give you nice armor and magic resist, also will damage those around you, and apply your passive. Its very nice in teamfights. I prefer to max it first to have a good defence and be able to pick the aggro.
- Zenith Blade (E): Your main chasing ability, allows you to catch-up stuning enemy for 0.5s(this can be life-changing) and will place you behind the target. It's nice to take an early point but mainly max it last.
- Solar Flare (R): If your and is not enough you get this shining ulti, it will stun those in the middle of it and slow the ones closer to the edge of the range.
Lets begin on making you the only light in the game.
Simple, lantern for jungling, boots for running, and mallet is for that nice additional slow and HP.
This will convert your HP into AD and provide you with additional armor, which is always good.
Ap is good for your skills, slow on spells makes even slow enemies and Hp becomes AD with .
If you still need magic resist, take this baby, it will grand HP regen, movement speed, and m.resist just have to love it.
is good for more HP->AD and regen.
is also fun for HP->AD and its nice burning.
zeke's herald is very useful for your if you have more than one heavy AD.
Gameplay and Your Role
I prefer to begin with wolfs and blue, after that, you have Armor and Magic Resist boost and stun, so you can gank top/bot, or continue jungling.
In the team fights try to be one of the most focused champions, with your amount of CCs your team will pickup easy kills, if sometimes your team mates are heavily chased, i prefer to sacrifice and let them escape, we are a tanky ones after all. if you want to see how it works:
More will come later...
This is a very fun thing to try, and I still dont know about the ranked chances but i hope most of you will give it a try, and i hope you will enjoy.
Credits to jhoijhoi for her awesome guide on making guides.
Dont be hatters and let the Sun shine bright!