get
prime

Nocturne Build Guide by knolenftw

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


3K
Views
3
Comments
3
Votes
League of Legends Build Guide Author knolenftw

Nocturne, Darkness Call

knolenftw Last updated on January 21, 2012
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit

3v3

[VS]

5v5

Ability Sequence

1
8
10
12
13
Ability Key Q
2
4
5
7
9
Ability Key W
3
14
15
17
18
Ability Key E
6
11
16
Ability Key R





Not Updated For Current Season

The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.



Masteries

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3/
Sunder
Archmage
 
 
 
 
 
 
1/
Executioner
 
 

Offense: 21

 
 
 
 
 
4/
Durability
Vigor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Honor Guard
Mercenary
 
 
 
 
 
 
Juggernaut
 
 

Defense: 9

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Strength of Spirit
Intelligence
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mastermind
 

Utility: 0


Guide Top

Introduction

This Guide i will go over Nocturne as Tanky DPS and Heavy DPS

Please give me Feedback on how to improve this guide.





Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.


Guide Top

Pros / Cons

Pros / Cons

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
Pros


+ Fast with Duskbringer
+ Have the coolest look of all champions
+ Got an Ultimate that scares the enemy team
+ Does high amount of damage
+ Can survive an high amount of damage
+ Really fun to play
space
space
Cons


- Often focused in team fights
- Need practice to learn when to use Paranoia
- Voice gets annoying very fast


Guide Top

Runes

Runes

Greater Mark of Lethality
9

Greater Seal of Armor
9

Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
9

Greater Quintessence of Lethality
3

I use the same runes in both builds



Greater Mark of Desolation The best Marks in the game IMO, useful the whole game, from early to late.

Greater Seal of Armor Since Nocturne is mostly the main target in team fights, these glyphs helps us survive.

Greater Glyph of Magic Resist Same as above, helping us survive the mages.

Greater Quintessence of Desolation Same as for marks, to deal as much damage as possible.


Guide Top

Masteries DPS

Mastery Explanations
Masteries
1/5
3/5
4/1
4/1
1/1
1/5
3/1
3/1
1/
2/5
2/1
4/1
1/1

I go 21-9-0 as DPS Nocturne with 21 points in theOffense Tree and 9 points in the Defense Tree


OFFENSE TREE
space
Summoner's Wrath x1 - Since we are using Exhaust and Ignite we might as well improve them.

Brute Force x3 - AD, just what we need.

Alacrity x4 - So we get more Umbra Blades proc's.

Deadliness x4 - More crit chance = more damage.

Weapon Expertise x1 - Armor penetration is great and this is percentage, which makes it just lovely.

Lethality x1 - Allow our critical strikes to hit harder.

Vampirism x3 - life steal is never bad.

Sunder x3 - More armor penetration, but this is a flat amount.

Executioner x1 - This is what makes the Offense Tree so great, 6% more damage when a target is 40% health. Just awesome when chasing someone.


DEFENSE TREE
space
Resistance x2 - More magic resistans, so we can survie those pesky mages.

Hardiness x2 - More armor, great since you are often the main target.

Durability x4 - Gives 6 HP every level. 108 HP when level 18

Veteran's Scars x1 - More HP early game.


Guide Top

Masteries Tanky

Masteries
1/5
3/5
2/1
4/1
1/1
3/5
3/1
3/1
1/
2/5
2/1
4/1
1/1

For Masteries i go 21-9-0 for damage output inOffense and survivability from Defense

Offense Tree


I go with Summoner's Wrath , Brute Force and Butcher in Tier 1
Followed by Alacrity in Tier 2
Alacrity unlocks Weapon Expertise . and we cant forget Havoc
in Tier 4 we take Vampirism and moving down to Tier 5
Tier 5 gives the best mastery of all Sunder
And for the 21:st point we take Executioner

Defense Tree
We start the Defense Tree with taking 2 points in Resistance and Hardiness
In Tier 2 we take Durability for the HP it gives
and for the last point we take Veteran's Scars for the extra survivability early game.


Guide Top

Summoner Spells

Summoner Spells


Exhaust: Great for locking down heavy damage dealers or stoping an enemy from running.
space
Ignite: Great for finishing of enemies and making Dr. Mundos Sadism useless.
space
Ghost: Increases your movement speed by 35%! Making your total movement speed 600.


Guide Top

Abilities


TANKY
Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

DPS
Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Umbra Blades: This is Nocturne's passive ability, which helps him to be very sustainable in lane. Since it scales with AD, it is useful all game long and is equally effective at farming groups of minions, healing up in lane, and doing heavy AoE damage in team fights.



Duskbringer: This ability has a variety of purposes. The initial damage from the skillshot makes it effective at farming creeps and harassing champions. The move speed allows Nocturne to use it as an escape mechanism. Duskbringer also gives Nocturne increased attack damage while he's on the trail, so it's great for dueling. Last, but not least, this ability creates a trail behind champions, allowing you to chase in for the kill with ease.

You're going to want to max out Duskbringer first (but taking Paranoia when ever you can.

Max it out second if your building Tanky Nocturne

Tips and Tricks
  • Duskbringerisn't just useful for chasing. Fire it at a group of champions to wear down their health safely.
  • he attack damage increase from the trail on Duskbringer helps when killing champions, clearing creep camps, and even pushing down towers.
  • Using Duskbringer when retreating can save your life, just make sure you keep moving after you use the spell.



Shroud of Darkness: It is like Sivir´s Spell Shield, it blocks one offense ability cast on Nocturne. Use it to block a CC or spells like Nidalee´s Javeling Toss / Takedown and it even blocks delayed spells like Karthus´s Requiem.

You're going to want to max out Shroud of Darkness after Unspeakable Horror in the DPS build. But first in the tanky Build.

Tips and Tricks



Unspeakable Horror: This is the only one of Nocturne's abilities that deals magic damage. But it's not worth building any AP on Nocturne for just this skill. In addition to the small amount of damage it provides, the main use for this skill is to fear your target. It is Nocturne's only hard CC, so remember to use it to prevent your target from escaping or fighting back. You can also use this ability defensively if you are being chased, just make sure you stay close enough for the fear to take effect.


You're going to want to max out Unspeakable Horror after Duskbringer on the DPS build. And last on the Tanky build.

Tips and Tricks



Paranoia: Nocturne's ultimate, like many champions, is what really defines him. When your enemies hear Nocturne whisper "DARKNESSSSS!" they'll be running to the nearest tower. Use the global vision debuff to surprise enemy champions and prevent them from coordinating. The long range dash afterwards is great for initiating, ganking, chasing, and just plain scaring the hell out of people. Make sure to check the range on this ability before activating it by resting your cursor over the button. Also note that this ability does not provide vision of enemy champions like Destiny, so make sure your target is in sight range.

You're going to want to max out Paranoia when ever you can.

Tips and Tricks
  • Sometimes it is better to approach a fight normally and save Paranoia for a chase.
  • If you are chasing multiple weakened champions, use Paranoia, dash to the farthest champion, then fight your way backwards. This technique can land you double or triple kills.
  • You can use Paranoia to dash past towers towards retreating champions.


Guide Top

Items Tanky

Items


  • : Good starter item. Gives 100 HP, 10 AD and 3% Life Steal.
  • : The anti-CC and anti-mage boots
  • : The ultimate HP item, great since we are tanky
  • : 60 AD and 15% Life Steal, which alos stacks to a total 100 AD and 25% Life Steal
  • : 30% Crit chance, 55% Attack Speed and last but not least, 15% Movement Speed
  • : Makes 2% of your total HP to AD.
  • VS : For your last item you can choose between Frozen Mallet (20 AD, 700 HP and Slows on attacks) or Youmuu's Ghostblade (30 AD, 15% Crit chance 15% Cooldown reduction and 20 Armor penetration (Active) 20% Movement Speed and 50% Attack Speed.


Guide Top

Items DPS

Items

  • : Good starter item. Gives 100 HP, 10 AD and 3% Life Steal.
  • : 12% Crit chance and 5 Gold per 10 second.
  • : The anti-CC and anti-mage boots
  • : 30 AD, 15% Crit chance 15% Cooldown reduction and 20 Armor penetration (Active) 20% Movement Speed and 50% Attack Speed.
  • : 60 AD and 15% Life Steal, which alos stacks to a total 100 AD and 25% Life Steal.
  • : 375 HP, 50 Magic Resistans and 375 Mana. (Passive) Blocks an offensive spell every 45 second. Basically a second Shroud of Darkness.
  • : 30% Crit chance, 55% Attack Speed and last but not least, 15% Movement Speed
  • VS : For your last item you can choose between Frozen Mallet (20 AD, 700 HP and Slows on attacks) or Last Whisper (40 AD and 40% Armor penetration.


Guide Top

Summary

Nocturne is a champion which can be build different but is equally fun to play.

I recommend build 1 (Tanky) in 3v3's and build 2 (DPS) is more for 5v5.

Please vote on my Guide and tell me what you think about it. If you vote Down, please tell me why so i can improve it.

Thanks for reading


Thank you Jhoijhoi, without you this guide wouldn't exist.

~ KnolenFTW


Guide Top

TO DO

This section i will go over things i will do

    Make a Nocturne Jungle Guide
    Make a Akali Guide
    Make a Janna Support Guide

Please stay tunned for this to come