Build Guide by RussianZombie
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys this is RussianZombie with a guide on the brand-spankin new champ, Nocturne. Nocturne is most likely going to get nerfed next patch, since he is so epic, so enjoy him while u can. This guide will cover all the basics of playing Nocturne. I expect that everyone reading this guide is lvl 30 and knows the basic mechanics of LoL, but i will try to make room for the new guys. I will try to keep this build updated.
Pros / Cons
He is an awesome dueler(he can take almost anyone one-on-one).
Incredible burst damage
Is a great team-fighter
Awesome jungler if you need one
He is extremely mana-starved early game until u get Manamune.
He is fairly squishy and get get taken down easly if targeted.
His ultimate can either completly win a teamfight, or just set u guys up for some whup-***.
Masteries and Runes are very personal to the player's playstyle so i dont expect everyone to have the same runes as me, but the ones i have work very well with Nocturne. For Masteries i pick the standard Damage/Dps setup of 21/0/9. For runes i pick hp quints becuase it help me stay in the lane that much longer due to the lack of doran's items in the build. The rest of the runes should be pretty self-explanitory.
I first max out duskbringer as that is your main source of damage, getting Paranoia whenever i can. I then max out unspeakable horror as it is a very vaulable skill in both chasing and running away. I get a point of Shroud of Darkness at lvl 4 then i periodically get it to increase my AS.
Im not a fan of the 20 different types of builds u can have, because frankly, that can confuse the reads a bit too much(well at least me).I have one build for everything, except for one item that u can switch out.
1) I start out with a Longsword and a hp pot as it gives me some extra damage, and it build's nicely into my manamune.
2) Try to stay in your lane for as long as u can, and rake in as much gold as u can. On your first blue-pill back, get either Tear of Goddess and Boots, or if you have enough gold get Manamume as fast as you can.
3) Get beserker greaves and then get the brutalizer as it will help with your cooldowns.
4)Now we will be focusing on the damage part. Save up for a B.F. Sword as it will increase your effectiveness alot, then build that into a Bloodthirster.
5) Now this is where people will vary a little in their build. Their are 2 options.
a. If your dying alot and getting ur ***-kicked, get either banshee's for mage heavy, Guardian angel for a mixed team, or Thornmail for physical-heavy team. This should boost ur survivability.
b. The second option is that if your kicking butt and getting fed, just skip over the defensive items and get Ifinity edge. After that u should probably get a defensive item so either way you are getting both a def, and an off. item just depends on how u are doing.
6) Now, remember about that brutalizer u bought waaaayyy back? Well now we will finally turn it into a Ghostblade! This should help u enormously in getting those pesky towers and killing people faster. You wont generally get to this item as usually the game will be done by then.
So that wraps up my guide on Nocturne, please vote and commemt on thie build so i can see what i did wrong or anything. Please no trolling as that dosent accoplish anything. I will try to keep this build updated as long as i can!