Nocturne Build Guide by Roscobomb
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello. If you have found this guide I am not using it to showcase any skill with Nocturne. It was purely made for one of my less experienced friends so that he had something to refer to when playing Nocturne. If you are here you can do two things:
- Go and find another guide, as this one may not be very good
- Use the build, you can try it if you want, but I can't guarantee it will work
Passive - Umbra Blades
Nocturne's passive is extra hidden power in his kit. Every 10 seconds, his next auto attack will strike all enemies in an area around him dealing bonus damage (120% of his total attack damage) and heals him for a set value per target hit. Also, every time Nocturne auto attacks, the passive's cooldown is reduced by 1 second. Because of this, we build a fair amount of attack speed on Nocturne to gain this effect more frequently. Although there is nothing that needs to be learnt about this passive, never forget about it, it can win you fights sometimes.
Q - Duskbringer
This is the bread and butter skill for Nocturne. He sends out a skill shot that deals damage to all enemies that it hits. It also leaves behind a trail. Enemy champions that are hit will also leave behind a trail for a short duration. While on this trail, Nocturne gets 3 self buffs:
- Gets increased attack damage
- Gets increased movement speed
- Ignores unit collision
Along with these buffs, the skill has other uses, such as:
- Harassment - Using the skill to damage enemy champions from a safe distance
- Chasing - Using the trail for the speed buff to chase down target
- Escaping - Again using the trail to get the speed buff to run away
- Farming - Yes, if you want to farm with it you might as well, don't waste your mana though
- Tower Pushing - As the skill grants attack damage, use it and stand on the trail to gain some bonus attack damage while attacking turrets
W - Shroud of Darkness
Isn't too much to say about this skill as it is pretty self explanatory. Provides a passive attack speed bonus as well as an active spell shield. The spell shield should be used on high disruption spells like Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy or spells that may kill you like Karthus' Requiem.
We max this skill last as the attack speed bonus is at it's greatest gain from staying at level 1, and other than that, ranking it up only reduces the cooldown.
E - Unspeakable Horror
Nocturne's only form of crowd control. Luckily it is a strong one. Casting this on an enemy will cause Nocturne to tether to the target, dealing damage over 2 seconds. After the time has passed, if the tether was not broken then the target will be feared for a short duration. Like Duskbringer this attack has a few uses, such as:
- Raw dueling power - As it is a single target fear, it gives Nocturne powerful 1v1 capabilities, as his target cannot react while feared while he is beating into them
- Chasing - Much like Duskbringer, this skill is also good for chasing to either set up or take kills. As the target will eventually become feared, which will cause loss of control, it will allow for Nocturne and anyone else that is chasing to catch up and start attacking. Unless the enemy has some form of escape, they might end up burning a summoner such as Flash
- Escaping - Much like the above this spell can also be used defensively. If an enemy is chasing you down, you can tether them with this. This will either force them to disengage or take the fear and allow you to run to safety