Nocturne Build Guide by defectz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Reasons for creating guide.
Well ive been asked a few times why i created a guide "to help noobs". Well first off I know great players who go and read peoples builds/guides for many reasons. items, ideas diffrent ways to play the champ and more.
I mainly create guides to promote league of legends. help others get better and i think its good to have others feedback on what i build to help me become a better player. I'm no doing this to get the top rated guide for any particular champion but to contribute.
So I decided to Create a guide for nocturne since I do decent with him and Generally do better than other nocturnes. He is a great DPS champoin, AS is a great way to build him.
I will be adding a Build for Laning too if you cant, or dont want to jungle.
Comments, Errors, Feedback are great.
Heres my Match History
Now I know some people may question my runes but getting such high AS helps with jungling, ganking, and team fights. I grab AS Marks, Flat Mana regeneration Seals, AS glyphs and Armor pen Quintessences. I dont like to get armor or magic resist runes because i feel he dosent need at all he is a very strong jungler.
For masteries its kinda basic 21/0/9 going for increased buff duration in utility. and getting bonus attack damage to monsters in offence.
For items I start with Cloth Armor and 5 health Pots. then I grab Boots of speed next to speed up jungling and to gank if needed. Grabbing that life steal item early on is important. you survive longer. Gank easier. at that point you dont need to worry about dieing in jungle from minions.
Some items to Consider for nocturne would be
1. Frozen Mallet - Slows enemys, makes chasing easier, give you more hp and dmg
2. Last Whisper - More Armor pen if tanky Team
3. Blood Thirster - Life Steal and AD
4. Black Cleaver - Great viable item for him
For Skill Sequence you want to max your Q (Dusk) first then W Then E but make sure you get E at least at level one for that fear. and of course up your ulti whenever you can
Pros / Cons
Good at Running
Eats up Tanks
Somewhat Mana Dependent
Vulnerable to CC's When Sheild on CD
Skills Like Malphites Ground Slam Kill your AS
Not much more than that
Creeping / Jungling
4. Blue Buff
7. Red Buff
10. Go Gank Solo Lane and get some XP
11. Always try to run in jungle and grab red or blue buff on either side whenever you can.
I always steal the other teams jungle buffs even if they have a jungler.
Tips/ Tricks/ Comments
First off id like to talk about his ultimate. Nocs ulti is great and can be used in many ways.
1. Gank Someone in a lane
2. Get somewere faster to help a teamate in a fight
3. Do some extra damage
4. Just to have other team lose Vision when ganking
5. To get away from a bad situation
1. So the first way is simple sit in a bush and when the moment is right ask your teamate to initiate a fight or you can yourself. Ulti to the target, Fear him, and have your sheild on just to block a stun, slow ect.
2. You can ulti to help teamates in need fear them and run if needed using your dusk for increased speed.
3. I do see some people ulti to kill someone but I would suggest avoiding this if at all possible because this is not the way to use your ultimate.
4. If your going to gank someone you can activate your ulti to make your enemies lose vision even if you dont need it to go after them because they will be lost and not know whats happeneing if your over extending.
5. If you get yourself in a situation you could die in you can ulti to someone else nearby and run.