Build Guide by AzazelK
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello Summoners, this is going to be my first complete guide, and it's going to be detailing how I play Nocturne, The Eternal Nightmare. I sometimes play Nocturne as a jungler, he has very good potential as a jungler with great ganking skills, and usually allows a successful victory. I understand that this build may seem similar to Nocturne's champion spotlight but it's honestly your opinion. I made this build on my own and am still working on different things.
Note: I'm still updating.
Please comment, rate, and tell me what you think.
Greater Mark of Desolation For early and late game advantages.
For the extra armor and your thrive in the jungle.
For the extra attack speed early game.
Greater Quintessence of Desolation For early and late game advantages.
Greater Seal of Evasion.
Greater Glyph of Warding.
Greater Quintessence of Fortitude
I get all the offensive masteries with improved smite and ghost with neutral buff duration. Follow the 21/0/9 Mastery Tree. If not smite, I'd take improved Exhaust.
At the beginning of the match, buy a
cloth armor and a few
Health Potions and even a
Mana Potion if needed. Then work on buying a
Wriggle's Lantern and
Next work onto buying a Avarice Blade, then build that into a Youmuu's Ghostblade.
After that save up enough gold to buy a B. F. Sword, then build that into a The Black Cleaver.
Then after that buy a Catalyst the Protector Catalyst the Protector, then proceed in building that into a Banshee's Veil.
If you're feeling too squishy, then I'd recommend buying a Frozen Mallet or even possibly a Guardian Angel.
But if you're confident, I'd work onto buying a Phantom Dancer and trading in Wriggle's Lantern for The Bloodthirster. Also I think Wit's End is an item that would work great with Nocturne. Switch the Phantom Dancer for Wit's End if you need the magic resist/attack speed.
Alternative for boots: Berserker's Greaves and Boots of Mobility.
Also, even buying an Elixir of Agility or a Elixir of Fortitude once in a while is a good idea.
I max out Duskbringer first then move onto Unspeakable Horror, taking one point in Shroud of Darkness and leaving it to max out last.
- [Passive] Umbra Blades
- Shroud of Darkness
- Unspeakable Horror
- [Ultimate] Paranoia
Smite - Great spell for the extra damage if you're planning on jungling.
Ghost - Great spell for chasing, ganking, and escaping.
Exhaust - Great spelling for slowing your enemies to ensure a kill and good for saving an ally or an escape. I recommend Exhaust if you aren't jungling.
Flash - As well as Ghost, a great spell for chasing, ganking, and escaping. For example: Perfect for escaping Nunu's Absolute Zero.
Teleport - Great spell for getting to an area quickly, like teleporting to a ward, tower, minions, and etc. Also good for soloing a lane.
Cleanse - Great spell for escaping a situation while being slowed or stunned, and etc.
Nocturne is an all around great champion in my opinion. He's probably one of my new favorites and on the road to becoming one of my main champions.
Pros / Cons:
- Great early and late game damage.
- Can push towers and farm minions well.
- Can kill a squishy enemy in a matter of seconds.
- Very good at escaping tough situations and ganks.
- Good at chasing to achieve a kill
- If careful, great survivability.
- Can be squishy.
- If fed, most likely will be targeted.
- Can be easily shut down and killed if you aren't careful.
If being too squishy is the case and you are dying more than you should be. Items like Frozen Mallet and even Banshee's Veil can help.
Creeping / Jungling:
The jungle route I take is simple:
1. With a cloth armor and a few health potions. First I go to the two small golems, then to the wraiths if you've got all of the proper runes and masteries. Then make your way to the wolf camps. Recall.
2. At the store, buy a Long sword. Now repeat step 1 then recall once again.
3. At the store again, buy Madred's Razors and a Health Potion if needed, then make your way to the big golem for the buff. After that, repeat step 1 once again and recall.
4. At the store once again, buy Boots of Speed and make your way to the lizard for the buff. After you acquire the lizard buff you can attempt to preform your first gank.