Nunu Build Guide by TheFuzzyOne
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
At the moment Nunu is a strong jungler and an especially strong counter jungle. His Consume combined with Blood Boil make stealing any camps, Dragons, and Baron very easy. His crowd control ultimate, perpetual slows, tankiness, and sustainability make him an all around superb jungler. His weakness comes in the form of a lack of late game damage but his ability to completely disrupt the enemy team, while supporting his own team is huge benefit that some players may over look. Nunu is viable in every aspect of play from tournaments to any lowbie hell you can imagine as such any jungler worth his salt should learn him.
+ Great counter jungler
+ High sustain
+ Good early game ganking
+ Excellent CC
+ High mobility
+ Beneficial team buffs
- You will be focused when you ulti
- Lack of damage late game
- Doesnt have much of an initiate
- Lack of AOE in the jungle
- Iceblast is very mana intensive
- Lets face is late game you are a buff bot
These may not seem like the most conventional jungle Nunu masteries, but there is a reason for that. In my opinion it is foolish to play a game that is dependent on you winning within the first 25-30 minutes. For this reason I have made this build in a way that will not hurt Nunu but at the same time will help him fall off "less" late game. These masteries focus on utility because that is one of the only ways that you can still be beneficial to your team after that dreaded 30 minute mark.
- 1/1 As you can see with my runes this build focuses on Gp10. It is essential to get ahead early with Nunu and stay ahead so every little bit helps.
- 3/3 You will be jungling and the majority of the mobs there will deal physical damage so a little armor goes a long way to helping your sustain.
- 4/4 You will be focused the moment you use [absolute zero] this extra help will help you not die as quickly during that period.
- 1/1 As with Durability you are just trying to build any extra health that you can.
- 1/1 As flash is your only ability to initiate the reduced cool down will help out substantially. As well as make it easier to chase enemies down or escape if need be.
- 3/3 While Nunu can conserve mana with Visionary dude to the high cost of his Ice Blast the extra mana will be beneficial.
- 4/4 Nunu is by no means the fastest jungler due to his lack of AOE damage however the extra movement speed from this combined with Blood Boil alow him to get from camp to camp very quickly.
- 4/4 As I mentioned before you must get ahead with Nunu early and stay there so picking up any extra gold you can along the way will be in your best interest.
- 1/1 You are jungling you are getting red/blue buff this ability just makes sense in every way.
- 4/4 Still along the lines of keeping an early advantage this will help you level faster and make up for some of your slower jungle speed.
- 3/3 This CDR will help you not fall of as much you can nearly constantly spam Blood Boil on your AD Carry and basically perpetually slow someone with Ice Blast until they die or you do.
- 1/1 This will further decrease the cool down on your flash, but more importantly it lowers the cool down on your Smite and when combined with Consume Nunu can secure nearly every Dragon, and Baron kill for his team.
- sight ward: You start with a sight ward because you will be counter jungling heavily at the start of your game and vision while doing this is key.
: The extra health for ganking and jungling + the extra Gp10 make this a core item for Nunu.
- Philosopher's Stone: The extra health and mana regen make jungling much easier in the long run as well as the Gp10 is essential.
: These should be the boot of choice for almost every jungle the tenacity and magic resist are just too good to be over looked.
- Shurelya's Reverie: An all around amazing item as we discussed earlier the lack of initiate with Nunu is a downside however this item can help with that greatly.
: This is a team game and by that standard any items that benefit your team as a whole are always a great idea.
- Banshee's: Now some of you might be asking "why get this over a Force of Nature the reason is simple EVERYONE will try to disrupt your Absolute Zero I have been able to fully proc it countless times with the spell shield from Banshee's Veil
- Randuin's: This is a great use for your Heart of Gold its an all around solid item and if activated correctly in the middle of the enemy team it can be devastating.
As with most of my guides instead of making you read pages of information on the jungle and how to gank I have instead made a video to explain all of that. If you are confused about anything in the video please by all means leave me a comment here or on the video it self and I will happily answer it.
When you reach the team fight portion of the game remember one thing PROTECT YOUR AD CARRY
You should be using your Blood Boil almost exclusively on them during the fight furthermore any person that attempts to kill them should be slowed constantly with you Ice Blast. You need to use your Absolute Zero as a null zone for your team. It is a huge area slow that will be difficult for them to move in however your own team will have complete freedom to move around as they like.
Why should you ward? -
Sight Ward and Vision Ward are single handed the best investment you can make when playing league of legends. They do cost 75 gold but so when when they get you or your team a kill thats 300+ gold. If they keep your own team mates from being ganked that is 300+ gold you keep away from the enemy team.
I can not stress enough ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy wards if you go back buy your items and have 200 gold left BUY SOME WARDS.
Ward Placement -
Each of those black dots is a ward that should be up for 99.9999999999999999999999% of the game or as close to it as possible. Guess what junglers you are the most mobile person on your team and it will be up to you to place a large portion of those wards!
Thank you all for taking the time to read my guide please feel free to leave me comments and let me know what you think!
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.