Nunu Build Guide by Shigemura
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
HEAVY TANK OF AP
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This guide is for the 3.7 update where Nunu is back in the jungle. Some people say they still prefer the TOP lane AP nunu and the jungle/tank nunu has no damage. So in this guide i will teach you how to play as a jungler/tank/ and AP hero
New Changes on Nunu
Consume - ACTIVE: Nunu commands his yeti to take a bite out of target enemy minion or neutral monster, dealing true damage to it and restoring Nunu's health. Nunu gains a bonus depending on what Willump consumed. Consume does not need to score the killing blow to trigger the bonuses and the individual bonuses stack.
TRUE DAMAGE: 600 / 700 / 800 / 900 / 1000
HEALTH RESTORED: 90 / 130 / 170 / 210 / 250 (+ 75% AP)
BUFF DURATION: 120 / 150 / 180 / 210 / 240
ROUGH ROCK CANDY: Nunu's increases his maximum health and size by 10%.
ORNERY MONSTER TAILS: Nunu's attacks and spells deal 1% of his maximum health as bonus magic damage.
SPOOKY MYSTERY MEAT: Killing a unit grants Nunu 15% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds.
Pros / Cons
- High AP ratios
- Easy to jungle
- Great at stealing creeps because of his Consume
- Absolute Zero is a great AoE ult
- You can play multiple roles: Support, AP Tank, AP carry
- You Ride in a Yeti and YOUR A HEAVY TANK OF COOLNESS
- Jungle starts out slow due to lack of AoE skills other than ult
- Absolute Zero and Ice Blast are the only skills you can use on an enemy hero after that your just use normal attack or block enemy heroes
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- x6 Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Gives you that enough magic pen for early game ganks. like lvl 2 ganks or a lvl 3 ganks
- x3 Greater Mark of Attack Speed
This will help you Clear Jungle camps faster
- x9 Greater Seal of Armor
A Tanker/Jungler always must have 9pcs of this
- x4 Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Gives you enough magic resist for those AP Heroes in the early game
- x5 Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power x3 Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
This is Where you get your AP damage
- Sorcery 4 - CDR for your skills so you spam Ice Blast on team fights.
- Blast 4, Arcane Knowledge 1 - Damage for your Ice Blast and Absolute Zero
- Summoner's Resolve 1 - Grants 10 gold on use. Extra 10 gold is really nice for a jungler so you can have your items quickly.
- Tough Skin 2 - So jungle/creeps cant kill you easily.
- Hardiness 2 - extra armor is always nice for a Tanker.
- Veteran's Scars 1 - extra HP is nice for a Tanker.
- Unyielding and Block reduce damage from enemy champions is really needed for a Tanker and some players focus fire on Nunu when Absolute Zero is channeling since you have Unyielding and Block you won't die easily when casting/channeling Absolute Zero