General Guide by DuffTime

Not Updated For Current Season

This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.


2188K
Views
1482
Comments
1066
Votes
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit
League of Legends Build Guide Author DuffTime

Offtanks, The New Metagame.

DuffTime Last updated on August 17, 2012
Comments (page 142 of 149)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
XFFKarnage's Forum Avatar by XFFKarnage » April 22, 2012 5:40pm | Report

Could you update somewhat? :D

Dake's Forum Avatar by Dake » April 23, 2012 1:52am | Report

DuffTime wrote:



That build is closer to tanky DPS but there's nothing wrong with that.



Ok, so what would you change it to be a Skarner offtank?? Or maybe Skarner is not a candidate for this style?

DuffTime's Forum Avatar by DuffTime » April 23, 2012 2:07am | Report

Fox Rage wrote:

This guide is almost 1 year old and is still legit. Grats Duff :p


Thanks man xD

MandatedEnd wrote:

Very nice, loved the article. I actually used a lot of these features while I Taric(Not the Trinity but the realization that HP isn't the answer). I initiate as a support occasionally and ward the whole map alone without a guide or carry. When your playing low ELO like you said people seem to think having 4k hp with 30 AR and 30 MR make you a tank. Made me a better support reading this.


Cheers man :)

Wiwe wrote:

Yes, I am. Is it you playing? Besides, you didn't answer my question XD.


Yeah that's me :)

Oh lol what did you ask? xD

XFFKarnage wrote:

Could you update somewhat? :D


Oh uhmmm :P Maybe I can later if I have time o:

Dake wrote:

Ok, so what would you change it to be a Skarner offtank?? Or maybe Skarner is not a candidate for this style?


I would just try to build like Dan Dinh :)


Learn the true S3 op, Tryndamere!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-season-3-hamdamere-296968
Best Aatrox in The world, with a Video Guide!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-336706
Like my official DuffTime Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/DuffTime
Follow me on Twitter, @RealDuffTime
Come hang out when I'm streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Wiwe's Forum Avatar by Wiwe » April 24, 2012 1:10pm | Report

Lol, you're REALLY lazy if u can't even check that... Anyway, here the question comes again: (This is the question)---> Would you mind uploading some more videos when you play?<---(this is the question).

If you don't notice it now... Then you should check if you need glasses^^ And just in case you need glasses:
(This is the question)---> WOULD YOU MIND UPLOADING SOME MORE VIDEOS WHEN YOU PLAY?<---(this is the question).
Thanks, wiwe :D

DuffTime's Forum Avatar by DuffTime » April 24, 2012 1:58pm | Report

Lol sorry, when you get literally thousands and thousands of comments it becomes a bit of a chore to go through them all to find comments, but I've been considering the uploading of some videos.

I'll give you a definitive MAYBE! :D


Learn the true S3 op, Tryndamere!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-season-3-hamdamere-296968
Best Aatrox in The world, with a Video Guide!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-336706
Like my official DuffTime Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/DuffTime
Follow me on Twitter, @RealDuffTime
Come hang out when I'm streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Wiwe's Forum Avatar by Wiwe » April 25, 2012 7:25am | Report

Cool, I hope you will :D.

What do you think of Nasus as a solo top champ? I really like his Q because it scales with kills (Yes, i have sion and veigar too) but it feels like I'm just not strong enough most of the games and that I should have picked shen instead. I feel that I can't play that offensively since he doesn't have a gap closer or a good sustained damage compared to other champions. It's kinda annoying, do you know what the problem might be? Is Nasus just outclassed by other solo top champs or do I just fail :P? And I usually farm my Q good, at least I think so.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Elibus's Forum Avatar by Elibus » April 30, 2012 9:31am | Report

Excellent guide, I really appreciate you putting this up. I've read through the comments and noted you and others saying that Jarvan/Irelia are no longer optimal, and that Trinity is no longer solid for Irelia. Wondered what champs you think make solid offtanks, especially which ones rock as Tri-Tanks. I've had a lot of fun as Jarven, but I love improvement.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
Roneld3444's Forum Avatar by Roneld3444 » May 3, 2012 3:13pm | Report

Great guide, +1. I only have problems with some of the builds for your champs up top. Instead of a Force of Nature on Blitz, a Manamune works sooo much better. He will be dishing out lots more damage and his passive will be doing more damage, for just the price of some Mres and hp regen. Blitz' hp pool isn't that fantastically high, he can't make such good use of the passive. Irelia and Jarvan are built a little too defensive to be effective. Sub out the Warmog's on Jarvan for a Last Whisper or maybe a BT if you feel adventureous. And onhit/ad Cho, really? It isn't too effective. Maybe a Rod of Ages instead of that Warmog's, tons of health for that Atma's, but more mana, and AP for his abilities and his E. And just one question, not a complaint, why Ninja Tabi on Irelia and Wukong? Mercs should always be built on Irelia to make that passive better unless you're against like Fiora, Gragas, and like Corki, or some other team completely devoid of cc.

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep
linknich123's Forum Avatar by linknich123 » May 5, 2012 9:40am | Report

you mad? MIA will save the game. i have tried watching my map and playing and i loose farm and get hit a lot more. im not the only one. just keep tab's on your lain, its not that hard. but overall i like your guide

DuffTime's Forum Avatar by DuffTime » May 5, 2012 12:59pm | Report

Roneld3444 wrote:

Great guide, +1. I only have problems with some of the builds for your champs up top. Instead of a Force of Nature on Blitz, a Manamune works sooo much better. He will be dishing out lots more damage and his passive will be doing more damage, for just the price of some Mres and hp regen. Blitz' hp pool isn't that fantastically high, he can't make such good use of the passive. Irelia and Jarvan are built a little too defensive to be effective. Sub out the Warmog's on Jarvan for a Last Whisper or maybe a BT if you feel adventureous. And onhit/ad Cho, really? It isn't too effective. Maybe a Rod of Ages instead of that Warmog's, tons of health for that Atma's, but more mana, and AP for his abilities and his E. And just one question, not a complaint, why Ninja Tabi on Irelia and Wukong? Mercs should always be built on Irelia to make that passive better unless you're against like Fiora, Gragas, and like Corki, or some other team completely devoid of cc.


Thanks for the +1! However, I sincerely disagree with pretty much every single thing you've said in your comment. It sounds like you're still pretty new to this game. Once you're more experienced, you'll start to see when and why to buy things like Merc Treads and Ninja Tabi, and how there is not "One item path" EVER and it's really bad and sheep minded to think that there is.

Wiwe wrote:

Cool, I hope you will :D.

What do you think of Nasus as a solo top champ? I really like his Q because it scales with kills (Yes, i have sion and veigar too) but it feels like I'm just not strong enough most of the games and that I should have picked shen instead. I feel that I can't play that offensively since he doesn't have a gap closer or a good sustained damage compared to other champions. It's kinda annoying, do you know what the problem might be? Is Nasus just outclassed by other solo top champs or do I just fail :P? And I usually farm my Q good, at least I think so.


Nasus is too weak in lane phase. I don't play him for a reason :) Even with a charged Q his end game isn't the best. It's just good.

Elibus wrote:

Excellent guide, I really appreciate you putting this up. I've read through the comments and noted you and others saying that Jarvan/Irelia are no longer optimal, and that Trinity is no longer solid for Irelia. Wondered what champs you think make solid offtanks, especially which ones rock as Tri-Tanks. I've had a lot of fun as Jarven, but I love improvement.


Well actually people have been using J4 again recently! :)

To be honest, the trinity tank method was the counter to a dead meta game. This guide is more like a historical artifact at this point :P

linknich123 wrote:

you mad? MIA will save the game. i have tried watching my map and playing and i loose farm and get hit a lot more. im not the only one. just keep tab's on your lain, its not that hard. but overall i like your guide



You bad? Watch your map and don't get owned by enemy champions.

The game is on your shoulders, not your team's shoulders. You cannot trust 4 random dudes to call MIA, and even if they do, what does that even mean? All it means is they're missing. It doesn't tell you where they are.


Learn the true S3 op, Tryndamere!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-season-3-hamdamere-296968
Best Aatrox in The world, with a Video Guide!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-336706
Like my official DuffTime Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/DuffTime
Follow me on Twitter, @RealDuffTime
Come hang out when I'm streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime

Quick Reply

Please log in or register to comment!

Community Cups

21
September
NA
Register
07
September
EUW
Register
View All Tournaments on Mobafire
Mobafire

General Guides

League of Legends

More Guides

The Charts


Featured

30 Days

All Time

Popular
Top Guide by Champion