Hecarim Build Guide by Tagakuro
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Read before using
Hello, I'm Tagakuro and I just wanted to thank you for looking at my Hecarim guide... Before you blindly use this build please understand that the item build in all matches you play may vary, this is just a base to what I recommend and am most successful at when using.
Thanks in advance for reading, read it fully before you judge it =).
P.S: THIS IS ALL BASED ON MY OPINION.
I will in the future make a laning section for Hecarim, but everything for now is JUNGLE HECARIM.
~~This build is reliable is the game lasts 30~40 minutes, after that... Be sure that it'll get harder. I will be updating the build as it goes.
Pros / Cons
+ Ult that saves lives
+ A fast Pony
- Not the highest Damage dealer
- A lot of times considered a Tank
- BIG PONY
Now you got to bring into consideration the fact that in this build you're playing him AD Carry with some armor or in other words... OFF-TANK.
Having masteries on defense over damage would help you get plenty of damage in before you die, since alot of times you'll get focused on for being Hecarim - The freakishly large pony.
Greater Mark of Armor Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Armor Penetration
- Greater mark of Desolation - Early armor penetration helps for that early gank/kill.
- Greater Seal of Armor - Some more armor for Hecarim. I think that base armor is more useful than scaled armor since early game attacks are what kills enemy champions.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - For that late game boost. ;)
- Greater Quintessence of Desolation - More armor penetration, I mean really... +10 armor penn??? OMG =D
Other Viable runes
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage - What you'd be doing is adding more damage and removing the penetration.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - Instead of getting M. resist/level, you'd get base resist... Of course... Not as reliable
- Greater Seal of Defense - Instead of getting base armor, you'd get armor/level...I seriously think that base armor makes ganking and killing much easier...Not as reliable
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed - A nice consideration cause of Hecarim's passive Warpath
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - Another simple consideration but of course you'd be losing penetration.
|space||A must for Hecarim Jungle.||space||Great ganking boost, also fits nicely with Warpath.||space||Makes killing that run away easy.|
Other Viable choices
There is no summoner spell for Hecarim more efficient than Ghost and Exhaust.
One of the most useful passives, simply cause the faster you move, the higher your attack damage will be.
Rampage is like your basic attack, expect it's AOE.
Spirit of Dread leaches life from all targets in it's zone.
The Devastating Charge is probably my favorite skill for Hecarim simply because it helps boost Warpath and removes unit collision.
Onslaught of Shadows is a HUGE gap closer, Fears and the best of it all, NUKES! =D.
Max Onslaught of Shadows first, Rampage second, Spirit of Dread third, Devastating Charge fourth.
Why this order?
Another useful order:
Why this order?
I always build this core no matter the match.
Maw of Malmortius
- : You need attack speed to do damage.
- : Armor, Attack Damage, Free ward, Lifesteal... Need I say else?
- : Huge armor boost, also if you make the Heart of Gold early game, you'll have a gold +.
- : Attack speed, Critical Chance and the best of all MOVEMENT SPEED, the movement speed boost with your passive Warpath, you'll have a nice + to your damage as well.
: With this item, you'll have pretty much everything a good Hecarim wants. Armor Penetration, Attack Damage,Critical Strike Chance. And an active that boosts your Attack speed and your MOVEMENT SPEED. If you love Hecarim you get this item...~~~ Warpath HEAVEN.
Heavy AD enemy team
Lots of armor, and a useful active.
Highly recommended if the enemy team has 3~4 AD carries.
Boosts Mana, reduces Cooldown, and an aura that helps reduce those heavy attackers.
Heavy AP enemy team
Magic resist, health, Mana, and a ability blocking shield, This is really useful ;).
Health Regen based on maximum Health, Magic resist and the best...Movement Speed sooooooooo Warpath +++++++.
Hybrid enemy team
The best item for a health boost and some more health regen... Going tankier??? Here you go. P.S: It's not that I don't recommend this item for the Heavy AP or Heavy AD team, it's just that I'm not going to repeat the item here.
This item is amazing, I mean really... Armor, Magic resist and a mini Zilean ultimate =3.
IMPORTANT: I am not going to list all the items that are possible to choose... Just know that these are the ones I like.
I use the same jungle route for a lot of champions.
To gank with hecarim, it's only possible when you're level 4, that is if you follow my abilities build.
Frequently Asked questions.
|When a good question comes up in the comment box... I'll be sure to put it up here.||space|
- 7/4/2012: Updated Situational Items, Updated Future Reference.
- 7/3/2012: Released the guide
Hecarim - Earning Blue Ribbons (S3 *Updated*)
Diamond level 3v3 Hecarim, by Duff
Hecarim - Fast Jungling Strategy Guide S3
Hecarim - Behold the Might of the Shadow Isles