Orianna Build Guide by Lilpwninprincess
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
Orianna Ballin' Support
Introduction to Orianna [Lore]
There once was a Piltovian man named Corin Reveck who had a daughter named Orianna, whom he loved more than anything else in the world. Though Orianna had incredible talent for dancing, she was deeply fascinated by the champions of the League of Legends. This fascination compelled her to begin training to become such a champion. It is unfortunate that her sheltered, wide-eyed naivete led her to take unnecessary and dangerous chances which ultimately led to her tragic demise. Orianna's death shattered Corin, driving him into deep depression and an obsession with techmaturgy. He could not stand the void his daughter's death left in his life, so he decided to build a replacement – one that would complete Orianna's dream of joining the League. What was created is the clockwork killing machine that Corin named after his daughter. Knowing that she was destined to be a champion and seeing the way the times were changing, he created The Ball as her pet and protector. This nearly symbiotic creation uses a different type of techmaturgy, relying more heavily on electricity than clockwork.
Orianna and The Ball now fight as Champions in the League of Legends, using the Clockwork Girl's sometimes misguided morality as a compass. She tries in earnest to fit in with those around her. However, no matter how hard she tries, Orianna can never be human and there is always something unnerving and alien about her. Though she attempts social interaction with other champions in the League of Legends, there are few who can get past her exotic nature. To many, it's as if there's nothing inside, that Orianna is just a soulless clockwork shell – a dangerous and deadly one at that. However, all along she remains the perfect daughter in her father's eyes.
Pros / Cons
Orianna Skills [Q.W.E.R]
The ball will cling to a ally champion or yourself shielding them. This will be your main supporting technique with Command: Dissonance combo.
Passive: Clockwork Windup will not be useful to you except for last hitting creeps. But, lets be honest if your going support you are not going to be aiming to last hit creeps. Your goal will be to help your carry get the last hits. But, if your all by yourself waiting for your laning partner to come back this can be somewhat helpful to clear the creeps off your tower. In team fights your going to be supporting so, you won't even get close enough with your range to auto attack.
Q: Command: Attack will be used for scouting. Oh no your ward disappeared and you think the enemies are hiding in the bushes so, you can't get close enough. It's great to find out if the enemy team is about to jump on you. So, walk on over and throw out your ball! Better safe then sorry. Remember to be careful though you do have a nice range but, some other champions have a even nicer range.
Using Command: Attack to scout alongside Clairvoyance + Sight Wards, means I have control over a large area. This can be really helpful to prevent ganks.
Command: Attack can also be used to help clear minion waves, along with helping do a little bit of damage during team fights.
W: Command: Dissonance will be used for escaping, chasing and team fights. While Command: Dissonance is active on the ground it becomes a 40% slow and 40% increase in speed.
E: Command: Protect will be your defensive move. Shielding either yourself or a ally. This move can save someone from dying or prevent some damage. Timing this at the correct time and then using Command: Dissonance can help allies escape.
R (Ultimate): Command: Shockwave will be your CC. Learning to use this correctly can help control team fights. In a small area around the ball a shockwave will be released. This shockwave will throw enemy champions with in it in a random direction. Usually towards the ball. Command: Shockwave can also throw enemy champions off track so to speak. Also Command: Shockwave can interrupt other ultimate's. So, be sure to be on the look out if Katarina is channeling Death Lotus.
Here's a example of skill order used for support Orianna. Now this set up won't work all the time so, being able to adjust and learn when to do each spell is all up to the summoner. But, just so you can get a idea.
-"The ball is impatient."
- Is a must for a support character. 70 second CD which can save yourself from being ganked, or teammates from being ganked. Also, can reveal when enemy team is doing Dragon or Baron. This is greatly used for searching spots that your ward may have disappeared from. As well as checking around the map that wards haven't been placed to see were the enemies maybe traveling to as well as spotting the enemy jungler.
- Is definitely a spell I would recommended for support Orianna. Since your able to shield, scout, cc, and slow why not heal? It's not the best summoner spell out there but, it can save your teammates life. And as a support your carry living is what you strive to make sure happens. And using Heal may just the trick.
- Let's be honest your only escape spell is standing in Command: Dissonance for the extra speed buff. Flash will allow you to be a tad bit more careless but, not by much. Flash can get you out of sticky situations. I'd recommend this if you see yourself being focused.
- Let's see Command: Dissonance + Ghost ='s awesome movement speed for escaping or saving your teammates! This spell is more of a user preference though. If you prefer Ghost over Flash then by all else means take it.
- Why is this spell even available? I just don't like it but, I have seen a few people make good usage of it. I wouldn't recommend it.
- Leave this for someone who can back door. I prefer this spell for someone who is going mid/solo top/or is the carry. Not as a support champion though. Another user preference spell though.
- This is a no-no. Your not going to be pulling the big guns and going for kills. Don't bother. Only reason I'd ever take this as a support is if not a single person on my team decided to grab it.
- Another no-no. Unless once more no one take's Ignite. Imagine if that happened. (I've never been in a game were less then 2 people have taken it).
- Trololol? Seriously even as AP Mage/Carry Orianna this is a no-no. What's going to make you think support Orianna is queen of the jungle. In all seriousness you probably can jungle as her. But, that's not the focus of my guide.
- A nice boost on AP. A very nice boost. But, it's useless for you. Don't take this spell as support Orianna.
- It's very helpful to say the least. This spell can get you out of a sticky situation. It's up to you though. What's more helpful Healing your entire team during a battle or using Cleanse on yourself and escaping while your teammates die.
- Pass. Just pass.
- Your a very mana hungry champion. This spell is beautiful early game but, it falls off later game.
-"This is a fun game."
Greater Mark of Armor - Armor allows you to take more hits from the enemy carry. Your not going AP Orianna so no need for M.Pen or Ability Power.
Greater Mark of Magic Resist - Magic resist is amazing against AP champions. I wouldn't prefer it for your Mark though.
Greater Seal of Replenishment - Mp5 is amazing throughout entire game. Your so mana hungry early game these will defiantly make a difference.
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration - Another great choice if your having issues with mana.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - Magic resist per level is amazing. This counters AP champions. You will notice the difference.
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction - CD reduction is great for Orianna. But, most of the items I recommend using will give you CD reduction.
Greater Quintessence of Gold - Gold per 10 seconds. Your not last hitting minions. And well you need a source of income for your own items.
Greater Quintessence of Health - Makes a better early game. There less likely to go for you since you have a little bit more HP.
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power - Ability Power makes your spells a little more viable.
-"I hear soft things."
A fairly standard Utility build. 0/9/21 I use for Orianna. But, as always certain talent points can be switched out for others. Alternative is to take 9/0/21.
- I take this because, of the Flash and Clairvoyance 'buff'.
- 5% increase on wards isn't really that big of a difference.
- The extra starting gold is not worth it. Those 2 talent points should be used for something more important.
- Your not going for damage. But, if your taking Ghost the +35% movement speed from it is nice.
- 10% Magic Pen. will help you pull out some damage while still remaining support.
-"The ball is angry."
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - CDR is amazing. Great for any and every support character.
Mercury's Treads - Magic Res. + Tenacity. If you find the enemy with a little to much cc take these.
Faerie Charm, x3 sight ward, 2 Health Potion - This build gets you started on Philosopher's Stone. Gives you good amount of wards early on and some potions to maintain your lane.
Boots of Speed, x2 sight ward - This gives you movement speed directly at the start alongside a few wards.
Boots of Speed, x2 Health Potion, x2 Mana Potion - This gives you speed, health, and mana. But, no wards. This is okay to use if enemy doesn't have a jungler but, make sure everyone is in a lane before going this route unless you feel confident.
Doran's Ring - This is more if your going AP. But, the health is nice.
Boots of Speed, philosopher's stone, sight ward.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity, shurelya's reverie, Heart of Gold, Kage's Lucky Pick. You will want to get at least 2 if not 3 of these by mid game.
I'm going to go ahead and throw up the new item - Locket of the Iron Solari. I've been trying to use it a ton now since it has arrived. And I'm a fan of it. The bubble is amazing and has saved my teammates a few times now!
Aegis of the Legion - HP, Magic Res., Armor combo is amazing. The aura is very nice as well.
Frozen Heart - Great item for facing AD carries. This item gives CDR, and mana.
Banshee's Veil - To counter those AP champions who mean you harm. Magic Res. + HP/Mana.
Quicksilver Sash - This item takes some time to get use to. But, can get you out of danger when used correctly.
Zhonya's Hourglass - Can save your life! Especially in team fights if they are focusing you.
Soul Shroud - Another aura item. Helpful if your team needs CDR.
Will of the Ancients - AP and Spellvamp buff to allies. Useful if you have a good amount of AP focused champions on your team.
Abyssal Scepter - Reduces enemy Magic Resistance. Great for helping lower there Magic Res. if you have a group of AP champions.
Randuin's Omen - Helps if AD champions are giving your team trouble. It's active is really useful in slowing them down.
Zeke's Harbinger - If your missing out on a tanky dps that usually grabs this. Pick it up, but only if your team has a few AD champions. This may not help you. But, as a support your meant to help your teammates so, this will help them extremely.
Mejai's Soulstealer - No thank you. I mean sure if your doing really good go for it. But, it's just not as useful as some of the items.
Rabadon's Deathcap - If you want to do some damage, and can't think of anything for your last item. I'd recommend this. The AP is amazing. Your Command: Attack will be doing some very nice damage.
Rod of Ages - Is a extremely nice item for Orianna. But, chances are you will have to farm for it. And taking farm away from your carry isn't the best thing.
Void Staff - This is more if your going towards AP Carry Orianna. Don't take this item as support.
Archangel's Staff - Is very nice for Orianna as well. But, I'd prefer to grab Aura type items to help support the team.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter - Your not going for damage. So, this item would be such a waste for you.
Lich Bane - This item will be wasted as support Orianna.
Warmog's Armor - Some people like to have a ton of health. This item will make you a little more tanky but, it's not worth it in my opinion.
Important (Get throughout entire game):
Oracle's Elixir - Once you get enough. This will help kill enemy wards and help see stealth champions.
Sight Ward - Place these through out the map.
Vision Ward - Useful if you have stealth champions. More expensive though.
-"I have sharp things."
Blue - Personal Bot/Top Wards.
Pink - Guard Baron/Dragon.
Green - Personal Mid Wards.
Black - Used to counter jungle or keep and eye on jungler. As well as keep an eye on enemy red/blue buff.
Orange - Junglers personal Wards as well as keeping an eye on blue/red buff.
-"Why do they keep breaking?"
If you get caught alone in a lane for some reason. Don't hesitate to clear the minion waves and get last hits. I'd recommend sticking with your teammates though. But, just in-case.
Start with Command: Attack -> Command: Dissonance -> Command: Protect -> Command: Attack.
They should be dead by the end of this combo. If not just auto attack down the remaining ones.
-"So strange, they scream."
A strange guide, but I like playing her as a support! And I hope you do as well. Try my guide and let me know how you like it. Any tips/suggestions are welcomed. I'm hoping to get some video's up soon enough. Along side some game screen caps and scores with this build. I'll keep editing this as I try new items, and see what else works well with Orianna.