General Guide by OwenTheAwesomer
Not Updated For Current Season
OwenTheAwesomer's Review Shop
Hello everyone, my name is Owen and this is my brand new review shop! Ive been looking for ways that I could contribute to the Mobafire community and considering I am not a very good artist, this is where I ended up. I hope I can help you improve your guides through constructive criticism and ensure your success in the future.
- You have written your guide in English! English is my only fluent language and for me to judge fairly it is best I can understand your guide.
- The champion (or other context) has been on live servers for 2 weeks. This way the community (including myself) have had time to play around with the new champion, item, map, or whatever it is your guide is about.
- Your are willing to take constructive criticism to improve. If you are unwilling to take my criticism then there isn't much point to having your guide reviewed.
- You are dedicated to your guide and have worked hard on it. You should have worked on your guide for a decent amount of time and have self revised it before submitting it for review.
- I will read your entire guide no matter how long it is.
- I will provide constructive criticism for each individual chapter.
- I will give you a score between 1-10, and link your guide in the "Reviewed Guides" chapter below.
- In some cases, I will upvote your guide or even give you a +rep if it is exceptional.
- If I am reviewing your guide for a second time I will leave my remarks on how it has improved since last time I saw it.
Judging Overall Quality
- Content: Does your guide cover a variety of basic tips, and advanced tactics to suit all levels of players? Does it cover all you need to know to excel at a certain champion?
- BBCode/Appearance: Is you guide simply a wall of text or does it include a variety of formatting techniques and images that improve the aesthetics of your guide?
- Viablity: Is your guide for bruiser Miss Fortune jungle? Unless your guide is aimed to be comical the champion you're highlighting should be played in a viable role. If your guide is off-meta then show reasons to support why that champion is strong in such a way/role.
- Spelling mistakes: Spelling mistakes often drive away many people because they feel that if you cant spell, then your information is not reliable. Spelling is a very simple thing to fix so try to have it as perfect as possible.
- Structure: Your guide should be structured in such a way that your reader should not be confused while reading it from top to bottom. A chapter about "Abilities" should be discussed before a chapter about "Teamfighting" so that everyone can follow along with your guide.
XXXXXXX2: Really Bad - Downvote
XXXXXXX3: Bad - Downvote
XXXXXXX4: Needs Major Improvements - Downvote/No vote
XXXXXXX5: Decent - No vote
XXXXXXX6: Needs some work - No vote/Upvote
XXXXXXX7: Decent - Upvote
XXXXXXX8: Great guide - Upvote
XXXXXXX9: Awesome, needs few improvements - Upvote
XXXXXXX10: Perfect! - +Rep
Form For Requesting
- Summoner Name: What is you summoner name on your main account?
- Summoner Level/Rank: What level are you, if you are level 30 what rank are you?
- Server: Do you play on NA servers, EUW servers etc.?
- Link To guide: Link me to your guide.
- Special Requests/Anything Else: Is there anything you would like me to look at specifically in your guide, anything non review related I could help you out with?
- Agoney's Vayne Guide - 9.5/10 Great guide, i'm glad it was my first!
- Special thanks to jhoijhoi for her Guide on "Making a Guide" As it has helped me and so many other guide writers!
- And a special thanks to you, the reader for being open to my criticism and letting me help you with your guide.