Riven Build Guide by Vylio
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Well I'm not going to say a lot in this topic cause everyone interested know how hard is Riven strictly AD ;) In topic "Build" I will talk only about items that I decided are worth explanation ;).
There are many ideas about that but I'm always using runes like this:
It results in +45 Attack Damage and +14 Magic Resist. Its enough for strictly AD build. I decided that I won't use Armor Penetration runes because they are not necessary in case of this build - big hugs for Brutalizer's creator (it's my favourite item ;)). Well we got Brutalizer + Black Cleaver so trust me it works ;)
Masteries and Summoner spells.
Masteries - This is only my choice but you can do also some changes if u don't like this one.
1. Ghost - always. no question asked :P
2. Heal - I just like it usefull for you and whole team
3. Teleport - personally I don't use it but it's quite good idea if you try to backdoor or something
4. Ignite - instead of heal maybe if someone else got heal
5. Exhaust - if no exhausts in team or if you just like it
So there are two ways in my opinion Riven does her best ;)
AD and Offtank
1. Doran's Blade - good for beginning if you feel too squishy ;p
2. Boots of Speed + 3x Health Potion - its a good way to just last hit and wait for some levels.
3. Long Sword + Health Potion - I don't use it often cause at start you are squishy and slow. But if you like it or just got another runes like tank or something.
So here is core:
1. Berserker's Greaves or Ionian Boots of Lucidity
2. The Brutalizer
3. Vampiric Scepter
4. The Black Cleaver
Late game (not buying order list)
1. Youmuu's Ghostblade - just more cooldown reduction, armor penetration and nice active.
2. The Bloodthirster - Lifesteal, yes, you need it especially with with The Black Cleaver
3. Trinity Force - Damage ( Sheen), Health some hp ( Phage) and movement speed and attack speed ( Zeal)
4. Frozen Mallet - in my opinion 25% chance is too small thats why I like this passive (100% ;)).
1. Guardian Angel instead The Black Cleaver - if despite your hp you feel too weak.
2. Sword of the Occult instead whatever you want - if things are going really good :)
3. Maw of Malmortius instead Trinity Force - if things are going bad + (look point 1.)
How does it will looks like
1. Berserker's Greaves
2. The Bloodthirster
3. Youmuu's Ghostblade
4. The Black Cleaver // Guardian Angel
5. Trinity Force // Maw of Malmortius
6. Frozen Mallet
Buying order that I wrote up on this page is just an example because everything depends on how its going with money.
1. Regrowth Pendant - if you want to rush warmog.
2. Boots of Speed + 3x Health Potion- if you feel to slow in compare to enemy.
3. Doran's Shield - if you want to stay on lane a little bit longer
1. Ionian Boots of Lucidity - cooldowns are important // Mercury's Treads - if many ap in enemy team
2. Warmog's Armor - A lot of health points
3. Atma's Impaler - We also need some damage so it's a good idea to get this.
4. Frozen Mallet - More health points + some damage + slow ;)
1. Force of Nature
2. Maw of Malmortius
1. Leviathan instead Frozen Mallet - if things are going really well :D
2. Thornmail instead Force of Nature - if most of enemy deals physical damage.