Riven Build Guide by Vylio
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Well I'm not going to say a lot in this topic cause everyone interested know how hard is Riven strictly AD ;) In topic "Build" I will talk only about items that I decided are worth explanation ;).
There are many ideas about that but I'm always using runes like this:
It results in +45 Attack Damage and +14 Magic Resist. Its enough for strictly AD build. I decided that I won't use Armor Penetration runes because they are not necessary in case of this build - big hugs for Brutalizer's creator (it's my favourite item ;)). Well we got Brutalizer + Black Cleaver so trust me it works ;)
Masteries and Summoner spells.
Masteries - This is only my choice but you can do also some changes if u don't like this one.
1. Ghost - always. no question asked :P
2. Heal - I just like it usefull for you and whole team
3. Teleport - personally I don't use it but it's quite good idea if you try to backdoor or something
4. Ignite - instead of heal maybe if someone else got heal
5. Exhaust - if no exhausts in team or if you just like it
So there are two ways in my opinion Riven does her best ;)
AD and Offtank
1. Doran's Blade - good for beginning if you feel too squishy ;p
2. Boots of Speed + 3x Health Potion - its a good way to just last hit and wait for some levels.
3. Long Sword + Health Potion - I don't use it often cause at start you are squishy and slow. But if you like it or just got another runes like tank or something.
So here is core:
1. Berserker's Greaves or Ionian Boots of Lucidity
2. The Brutalizer
3. Vampiric Scepter
4. The Black Cleaver
Late game (not buying order list)
1. Youmuu's Ghostblade - just more cooldown reduction, armor penetration and nice active.
2. The Bloodthirster - Lifesteal, yes, you need it especially with with The Black Cleaver
3. Trinity Force - Damage ( Sheen), Health some hp ( Phage) and movement speed and attack speed ( Zeal)
4. Frozen Mallet - in my opinion 25% chance is too small thats why I like this passive (100% ;)).
1. Guardian Angel instead The Black Cleaver - if despite your hp you feel too weak.
2. Sword of the Occult instead whatever you want - if things are going really good :)
3. Maw of Malmortius instead Trinity Force - if things are going bad + (look point 1.)
How does it will looks like
1. Berserker's Greaves
2. The Bloodthirster
3. Youmuu's Ghostblade
4. The Black Cleaver // Guardian Angel
5. Trinity Force // Maw of Malmortius
6. Frozen Mallet
Buying order that I wrote up on this page is just an example because everything depends on how its going with money.
1. Regrowth Pendant - if you want to rush warmog.
2. Boots of Speed + 3x Health Potion- if you feel to slow in compare to enemy.
3. Doran's Shield - if you want to stay on lane a little bit longer
1. Ionian Boots of Lucidity - cooldowns are important // Mercury's Treads - if many ap in enemy team
2. Warmog's Armor - A lot of health points
3. Atma's Impaler - We also need some damage so it's a good idea to get this.
4. Frozen Mallet - More health points + some damage + slow ;)
1. Force of Nature
2. Maw of Malmortius
1. Leviathan instead Frozen Mallet - if things are going really well :D
2. Thornmail instead Force of Nature - if most of enemy deals physical damage.