Build Guide by Ionwe
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey everyone. I have developed this build after trying many possibilities and using many builds I found here at Mobafire. The results I got with this combination are the ones which suited me the most, so I'm sharing with you guys.
Flash is always a nice choice, great to get out-ranged enemies, tower dive, escape, engaging, etc. This is a must spell for Pantheon.
This will actually grant you more kills and better laning than any other spells, like Exhaust, since Pantheon is very mana hungry. Its awesome to fool enemies. Let em know you are out of mana so they get more comfortable. Get into bushes, use clarity, and combo! Thats a kill!
9x Greater Mark of Desolation For more armor penetration, therefore, more damage.
9x For more defense against casters, also works good with the masteries.
9x Gives you more dodge chance, which in this build will also increase move speed. Great survival tool.
3x Greater Quintessence of Desolation More penetration!! YEA!
You may also want to replace your marks and seals for Mana Regen runes. In this case you might switch Clarity for Exhaust, since its awesome on 1on1 and dont let ur enemies escape.
Well, first of all, the items you see above is the final build.
Here I will explain the whole thing:
1. I always start with Boots of Speed, 2 Health Potions and 1 Mana Potions.
2. As soon as I get level 3 I can surely get a kill with my combo so when I get enough money I buy Phage for AD/HP.
3. After getting Phage, you will finish your boots, upgrading boots of speed into Boots of Swiftness, which will increase your speed a bit more.
4. You get one of the main items of this build, which is Last Whisper. It's a great item for Pantheon now, since it gives 40 attack damage and 40% armor penetration. It's amazing!
5. At this time you are going to need more AD to keep getting kills, so its time for your first B.F. Sword.
6. Now teamfights should have become more dangerous, so its pretty handy for you to get more survivability so you won't get easily killed if targeted or just nuked accidentally. Thats why I get Giant's Belt.
7. You should be working pretty well with your team now, getting kills and assists without dying too much. BUT, in Pantheon's case, the more AD you got at this point the better, so you will get a second B.F. Sword.
8. Again, you should balance Pantheon's AD with his survivability, cause without any survivability items he gets kinda Squishy. So now it's time to finally finish Frozen Mallet.
9. To finish off your build, you will get one more B.F. Sword. You should be hitting very hard now and also with an acceptable survivability to teamfight with no worries. This is how your build will look like:
10. After getting the three B.F.s, if the game is not over yet, you will probably want to upgrade them. I used to get the Black Cleaver but it doesn't give that much AD now, so I recommend to start by upgrading your first B.F. into a Infinity Edge, and then Bloodthister, or I just get 3 bloodthisters since they are cheaper.
Alternative Item Build
Some may say the Ghostblade is better than Last Whisperer when facing certain enemies. I must say I tested my build with it and I really liked it. I managed to get my first BF sooner and the CD reduction it provides is quite handy, since Pantheon is an ability champ.
So here is a step-by-step build using Ghostblade:
This turns to be like 300g more expensive than my regular build, but it's not that much and the CD reduction that Ghostblade provides is awesome.
I chose that skill sequence cause Heartseeker Strike is a great farming tool plus deals lots of damage, so maxin it first is really usefull. I let Shield Bash as the last skill to get maxed cause you don't really need it maxed to deal a nice combo. Spear Shot is more important since its your ranged attack and is awesome at finishing enemies.
Just to be sure, here is Pantheon combo, in sequence:
If necessary, chase and use Spear Shot again to finish off. On early-game I usually can't finish anyone by myself with one combo, so I go in, combo, go back. Then combo again when CD is done.
I go for the usual 21/9/0 for Pantheon, as it gives maximum damage and a bit more survivability, everything Pantheon needs.