Xin Zhao Build Guide by JakofAllSpaydes
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
Xin Zhao Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
So I heard you like Xin Zhao :D
Well, basically, this is just a short build. I'm seeing what people think of this, and I would appriciate any ideas, questions, or advice. So basically, yeah :3.
I got some of my build from a friend, SelGomez. (weird name ikr :D)
Anyways, enjoy? O_O
oh btw watch this best video evar gogogoogogog #1 too gud.
Just gonna wing it.
Doin it Duff style this time, caz I'm bored and I have nothing better to do.
*Puts on Sunglasses at night in front of laptop*
So I heard U lyk Xin Zhao
Well, okay, since I just wanted to share this, Im not gonna go really in-depth. Unlike the other Xin builds, either tanky or glass cannon, I build...... weird. I dunno, I guess it's more like on-hit Xin.
Where does Xin go?
Well, personally, with this build, you want to be at solo top.
Does that mean that he can't go anywhere else? Nope. Solo-top just works exceptionally well for this build. You can go duo-lane, and with a competent teammate, who has good CC, there will be complete lane domination. One of my favorite champions to lane with is Kayle.
My friend, sycknesS, and I, does duo queue often, and at times where I play xin, we go Xin/Kayle bot. With Kayle's speed buff and slow, Xin can get his full on harass and destroy the enemy. Once you hit 6, the Intervention will allow you to completely dominate fights and lets you tower dive like nobody's business.
Tl;DR: Either Solo top or get a good lane partner
Why don't you jungle?
Why should I?
Considering he's not the most top-tier champion, nor the most top-tier jungler, there isn't a huge reason to jungle with him.
He definately has good ganks, but I do believe that you wanna get your levels quickly and items fast. Also, he has pretty good lane sustain, so solo-top is definately a decent choice.
ON-HIT GOOD WIN ZHAO GG.
Anyways, I'm not a big fan of super tanky Xin. You simply can't do that much damage, and if your team isn't doing well, well, you'll die regardless. Glass cannon? dude dont even bro~
So I've decided, On-hit gives you enough tankiness to not die instantly, but also enough damage to make it hurt. So yeah. Well, really, with Randus and Banshee's, you will be quite the tanky bastard. But you cant go around tower diving everyone like your like.... Irelia or something.
Pros / Cons
- Decent Damage, and still pretty tanky
- Push towers like a boss :D
- ****ing Win Nao.
- No ranged harass, so if you're against a really long-range champion, you might have little problems.
- Need to be able to solo top like a bauss :D
well, since utility benefits him greatly, and this is ON-HIT xin zhao, not crit and AD xin, so you dont need a full 21 points in offense. Therefore, utility op. Get it.
If you feel like you're still too squishy early on, use 0/21/9. that works too.
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
Pretty standard. attack speed, armor, and Mres per level.
It's pretty explanatory.
but it seems like i need more words, so i guess ill go into this a bit more.
Armor is like, duh.
Attack speed is like, duh. (beacuse its on-hit, so we dont actually do over9000 physicial damage. with these, we will have better attack speed, and ofc, better lane sustain with his passive.
But, for glyphs, I prefere Mres per level, simply because it scales very well with the offtanky-kinda build I have here. Quints can be really anything.
For quints, you can take Attack speed,
Or Move Speed.
Or whatever else.
Those work for me, dunno if it would work for you. It should. goodnight.
So, as this is solo top, there's a few things that you can do as xin.
First of all, DECIDE YOUR DESTINY!
anyways, you either go really OFFENSIVE, or you be a PASSIVE player
Really, if you think you can't win the lane, you can be passive. Farm like hell, and with 3 pots and your passive, you have very nice sustain.
So with that said,
FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM FARM
after you get Wriggle's Latern, you should have even better sustain. Basically impossible to get rid of in lane. With the ward proc, you can farm peacefully while spotting ganks from afar.
After you get your Phage and Wit's End, your are ready to KICK SOME ***!
if you want some extra attack speed, and maybe even MORE ON-HIT EFFECTS, go for a oh great Sword of the Divine. What can I say, lets you backdoor like a *****, and the proc is kinda nice early game :P
OMG BOOTS :D
why so good.
- why these? Why not? Wit's and Trinity gives you good attack speed, so you dont really need beserkers, and these give you valuable Tenacity.
Tenacity too good op nerf nao.
- These boots are not bad, gives you decent armor, and the dodge chance is pretty good. However, I would rarely change this for Mercs, because Tenacity too good. If you are up against like, 9000x AD champs, its definately fine to get this.
- Not bad not bad, but hey, I think its a better choice to get Mercury's Treads
Personally, I think that those are the only choices you really have. Dont try the other ones, they aren't worth it.
ITEMS! OH JOY!
There really isn't much on-hit items that works on xin, sooo yeah.
The really other thing I might add in this build is the, O SO MIGHTY Sword of the Divine.
It gives you pretty good attack speed, (I'm pretty sure the most in the game), and the passive is decent. Pretty nice item early on, and with Wit's End, your attack speed will fly through the sky.
For Xin, I'm not really into the whole Atmogs thing. So yeah. No.
Instead of Trinity, sometimes I get a Frozen Mallet, and that gives you a lot more tankiness, but takes off a lot of utility and extra burst from Trinity Force.
Youmuu's Ghostblade is a decent choice, as the active is a great buff and the armor pen is quite awesome. However, it's not my thing, but if you really want, you can get a early The Brutalizer for extra damage.
YOUR GODDAM XIN ZHAO.
GO RAPE FACE.
GO DO IT.
But otherwise, hes not really hard to play or anything.
Pretty simple tips, but I guess I'll say it anyways.
- Use your ult at the start of a fight. If you try to use it to finish people, it's horrible, and does next to no damage. It's not a ks tool, but a powerful burst tool at the start of a fight.
- If you charge, remember to turn on 3-talon strike then battle cry, because it reduces the cooldown on 3-talon strike.
- Use battle cry when you farm if you aren't OOM or something, since it reduces to cooldown of your ulti as well, so if you can use it often, all your cooldowns shouldn't be that long either.
ahh i need like 5000 letters
heres some trivia for fun :D
- He was released concurrently with Season One.
- He has the longest auto attack range of all melee champions, tied with Jarvan IV and Wukong.
- In the Chinese version, Xin's name is rendered as Zhao Xin (赵信) as Chinese names are written with the family name first. He shares the family name of Zhao Yun (赵云), a famous general during the Three Kingdoms Era and a contemporary of Lü Bu.
- His name Xin (信) means "trust" in Chinese.
- "Zhao" in Chinese is a unique character, only usable as a last name.
Azns too good.
Thanks for reading :P
I know, the text is kinda pointless, but hey, ITS K.
If you have questions, comments, or watever, just leave a comment or PM me, I'll be glad to reply.
Okie, that's it.
Thanks again :P