Taric Build Guide by mak556
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
NOTE: THIS GUIDE ASSUMES SOME FAMILIARITY WITH 3V3. THIS IS NOT A GUIDE TO PLAYING 3V3.
Hi, I'm some random person who likes to play Taric on 3s. He's actually really good. I won't discuss why; you should just try it.
I will label the three Taric builds above as following:
1 - Offensive Taric. OT. This is my favorite. Everyone tends to be tanky in 3v3 anyways so why not?
2 - Sitting Taric. ST. He just sort of sits there and whacks you. And heals. Quite tanky.
3 - Running Taric. RT. I'MMA RUN UP HERE AND BE ANNOYING AND WHACK YOU AND NEVER DIE AND HEAL MY TEAM.
Pros / Cons
- Innate tankiness AND armor shred, allowing your team to decimate the enemy team once the enemy gets out of position, plus the versatility to tank and have your team be tanky. This is especially advantageous in 3s, where the majority of non-banned champions are AD-based.
- Dat heal. So useful. Makes tons of plays, especially in dive/gank-oriented 3v3. Cooldown lowers each hit, so it's useful for proc-ing Lich Bane or Triforce, thus making you very frustrating to deal with in trades.
- Stun. Just... You can get it to a 5-6 second cooldown and it does a ton of damage. I will go in-depth into using the stun later.
- His ult. It's like... Holy cow. If someone tries to engage you at Vilemaw or on your altar/their altar, just ult and get up in their face.
- A little slow, no repositioning abilities. This is, as you'd imagine, troublesome on 3s. Thankfully, he has tankiness/heals/annoyingness/the ability to just decimate an entire team alone to make up for that. Plus a stun.
- Not much damage after exhausting his initial burst. This is why I get a Lich Bane on OT; you can proc Lich Bane again and again if you keep hitting people and have enough CDR. Spacing your abilities will help you make the most use of this.
As you can see, the pros far outweigh the cons and Taric is a sex god okay?
I don't even care. Like, organize runes for your playstyle. If you're annoyed by his slow movement, ms quints are excellent. You want to make him as tanky as possible. AP runes are not required as he has high base damage on his abilities, but I like them anyways, if only to boost up the Wooglet's bonus.
OT: I wouldn't deviate from this build too much unless they only have one damage type, or you need more CDR.
ST: Merc Treads can be replaced with Ninja Tabi or something. If you have spare money/the enemy team doesn't like to hit you because they have good focus, trade the Spirit Visage off for a GA, Abyssal Scepter, or Overlord's Bloodmail.
RT: Shurelya's instead of Aegis works. Triforce may work as a suitable replacement for Lich Bane, given Taric's hueg base AD.
As you can see, Rod of Ages is core. You usually have enough gold to pick one up before 10 minutes as this amazing Pinkly Lord, and you either win really quickly or have enough time to max out RoA's stats.
I don't remember, but as a rule of thumb:
OT: R > W > E >= Q
ST: R > W >= Q >= E
RT: R > Q >= W > E
You're supposed to use your abilities at good times. So, like, space your abilities about 1.5 seconds between each ability. R -> W is your base combo; you add Q's on for Lich Bane procs/survivability and E is situational.
E is your stun. It's the most integral part of your kit. You can use it to:
- Chase stragglers
- Prevent disengages
- Save all the peoples
tl;dr Pink Taric awesome
Posting video later to show the intricacies of Pinkly Taric's gameplay.
Buh-bye, hope you have fun with the sexiness that is our Pink Overlord Taric.