Poppy Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Basic info to the "Poppy Smash"
Whats up guys!!!! This is Crashkt90 (aka) Exotek!!! Ive been playing League of Legends for almost a year now. But I've been searching for a champ what is underestimated, but packs a punch no matter what the situation happens to be. I think she is the first one I bought played her a couple of times and thought she sucks. Well about half way through my year of playing this I came back to Poppy because I got bored with most champs, I've bought Poppy to just about any i could think of to play with and nothing seems to come close to her. Im going to try and make up a "Cheat sheet" for her so she doesnt get over looked as bad.
Alright guys, So basically My rune set up is simple. I try to dish out damage early game to get a edge mid game to have a huge lead late game. As you can see its basic, Attack penetration, with attack speed, since we're not going to get speed boots. So the attack speed runes can make up for it.
Again guys it's simple. Dish out the damage, pack the punch, you get it by now. These will help you pack that puck punch. When you think about it If you try and go for first blood, who ever you go up against you will be able to grab that kill easy. I've taken down tanks easy just because i start off with my "Q" if i know that there wont be much harass, If not not then i always start with my "W".
Pros / Cons
Pros are easy
Best turret diver
Unstoppable when fed
Difficult to kill (passive)
Pro that hurt a bit
Picked on by ranged
Vulnerable to cc
Not very powerful early game
How to maneuver poppy about
So for poppy, she has a dash "W" which is a movement stack along with armor and damage to help. To get anywhere in a hurry I always try and use it as much as possible. I have never jungled poppy so i cant say anything about that. But in lane I usually go bot with a carry or something for some reason without another carry or anything else poppy sucked, i try and not lane with a support even though it does help sometimes but usually i get targeted first, and with that they take me down quick and turn it into a double kill. This is where the fun begins. At level 3 you will have 75% of your "Poppy Smash ready" The other 25% is the ult. From hear i try and either evoke them next to a wall or push them to. I do this by cutting in and out of bushes in top or bot lane. After that your combo WILL ALWAYS BE WEQ ( until you get your ult then it will be RWEQ) if done right that will give you technically 3 to 4 hits. 1 is the "E" or your Heroic Charge, 2 is if you hit them against a wall that will bring up stage 2 of the "E", 3 will finally be your Devastating Blow, and then if your attack speed is right then the 4 will be basic. Now If you have a sheen then that adds bonus damage as well to the basic to help with sometimes the 1 Hit- K'o I have done (need to record it again) From after level 6 and on, I try to initiate with my ult, then try and kill them with one combo. then start picking the rest of the team off 1 by 1. Simple as that.
For items you are going to sorta build her hybrid in the beginning. With sheen you get that bonus stab after your combo ESPECIALLY if you knock them into a wall or anything else.
So you Start of with Cloth armor, with 3 health pots. That will give you sustain if you dont start off with your "W" try and stay in your lane as much as possible to get the 810 gold for boots, buy more pot or wards if you need them( I normally huge any bush that is next to a wall on top and bot so I dont get surprised), Then I would move into the Ninja Tabi boots, followed buy the Amp tome to start the sheen, Stay in lane Until you can buy separately Phage, Zeal, then Tri Force. You should be around level 10-11 if all goes well. After that start working on your Infinity Edge. Pretty much as this point you will be unstoppable if you pick your timing.
Skills depending if you what sustain, or damage I start off with W,E,Q. for damage its Q,E,W.
Its all in preference. Not much to say here. If you need more sustain or damage. add to either W, or Q.
I use heal, and flash. The heal helps in team fights, or desperate spots, then i have flash if my heal is used. its all in sustain for me.