Build Guide by Eyeball Juice
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
juggernaut: a massive inexorable force, campaign, movement, or object that crushes whatever is in its path
This will be my first guide I have ever written for a game since Ultima Online, so I wanted to start with a character I was familiar with. I chose Poppy and this is my main build. It looks a bit wonky compared to other builds on this site, but I have tried them all and I believe my build capitalize on Poppy's defensive abilities which we will discuss in this build that give her amazing survivability & damage output.
Poppy is an Off Tank/Assassin/Jungle hunter. Meaning, if you don't have a tank with a fancy R button ( AOE snare) she can initiate combat. In this initiation you can probably kill the enemy team's carry/squishie but do not chase to far if they run.
If you find yourself going up against a team with a jungler, don't be afraid to go looking for a fight. Poppy excels at using the jungle walls to her advantage, and a level 6 Warwick or Yi is no match for a level 6 Poppy.
- Probably has the best utility for survivability and initiation when your pug is afraid to make a move.
- Great escapes and has a great ability for staying on targets. Death is acceptable at a 2:1 ratio
- She has one of the highest burst damage combos in the game.
-Valiant Fighter makes Poppy tough to bring down.
-Diplomatic Immunity prevents interference from EVERYTHING but your target.
-I don't like the fact that she is an auto-attacker, not necessarily a con.
-If you think about it, she is difficult to master.
-You will have to play defensively early game.
-Sometimes it may be hard to predict a good time to use Charge, and you may hit the target away from you and your team.
-Terrible farmer early game, but gets better once you get the sunfire cap.
Passive, Valiant Fighter:
Please note that this says current health and not total health. This means that the closer you get to dead, the harder it is to hurt you. Meaning, you can stay in the fight longer.
This is one of the hardest hitting skills in the game, with 8% of targets health in magic damage.
Paragon of Demacia:
It also gives you armor, but the best thing about it though is the speed boost and a relatively short cool down. This will allow you to escape a lot, especially if your flash is up.
This is your initiator only if you can hit the target into a wall! Otherwise, a well-placed heroic charge can also push an enemy back into friendly champions for a quick kill before moving to the next victim. You can flash ahead of your enemies for this.
The highlight of this skill is the negation of all negative effects from EVERYTHING else including turrets for 7 seconds. Be aware that if you kill your target while the spell is still up it goes away.
My tower Dive combo at full mana:
Paragon -> Charge -> Immunity -> Devastating Blow , and then repeat Charge/Devastating blow as needed.
After using many different combinations of summoner skills, I found that Flash and Heal provided me with the most survivability. Where Flash is a must, some may want to replace heal with ghost or teleport. I like to stay on the battlefield.
Heal: Unlike most Poppy builds, I take no life steal. After a tower dive ora 2v1 I find that heal lets me stay in the fight the longest.
2. Always try to hit the enemy into a wall. Even if running back, a quick wall hit and then a paragon may save you and your team.
3. Charge them into walls or your team only, never away (unless it' a sure kill)
4. Diplomatic Immunity is strongest when it is used more for keeping you alive in the middle of the enemy to kill a high carry/squishie and escaping afterwards. The key to that is putting it on a champion least likely to harm you. Like a caster who is out of mana or the lowest level character, never anyone who can stun you.
5. Try to get this buff mid game if you don't have someone in the jungle. Late game, with the runes and Nashier's tooth your ablitly cooldown is at 30% and it may not be needed to get the golem buff to max out at 40% .
Henceforth, you who read these words shall become forevermore a human juggernaut.