Lux Build Guide by clim
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey this is clim's guide for Lux to make the enemy team melt like butter. I have played over 500 games as Lux and personally, this has worked best for me. I work well with characters like Lux because I favor skill-shot skills as opposed to any other type of spell activation.
Some consider Lux a poor support with her slows, binds, and shield and I agree, but that isn't the type of support I consider her to be. She may work well in matches as a true support, but personally I believe she is a support damage character/AP carry.
Why Pure AP?
Lux is a support damage character, therefore you want to maximize your damage on the enemy team and let your teammate carries finish them off.
This was written as a first draft. This will be constantly updated until finished.
Pros vs Cons
- Lots of Crowd Control
- Passive can be very destructive
- can be used as clairvoyance
- long range ult for enemies that get away
- if played right... enemies always qq and surrender quickly
- Very Squishy
- Low Basic CDR
- Long cooldowns if you don't get stacks from Mejai's Soul stealer or Buffs
- Blue Golem Buff dependent
- High mana costs which lead to mana problems sometimes. especially without blue.
- VERY VERY HARD to get away when more than 1 enemy finds you wandering.
- If there are no meat shields for you to hide behind, you will die.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration for that early game spell penetration and increased damage.
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration for mana regen. You could also build greater seal of replenishment if you prefer flat rate mana regen seals.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power for some extra damage early-game but mostly for max Ability power late-game.
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power This is focused towards early game ability power.
Start with a
Doran's Ring mostly for the extra 100 health and mana/5 secs since she starts off with less than 500 health at lv 1. The next item you should always get is
Boots of Speed and some
Health Potion if you can afford them; followed by an
Now since this is a PURE AP guide, the remainder if your items will be focused towards maximum ability power damage.
Early Game (8-15 minutes in)
- Mejai's Soulstealer Build this first if you are getting kills or assists. otherwise build kage's lucky pick Kage's Lucky Pick first. Followed by the other.
- If you are getting kills without losing stacks, you want to start building for a Rabadon's Deathcap (a 24 second cooldown Ulti is nice at max stacks and blue buff)
- Otherwise build Sheen then Rabadon's Deathcap
Mid Game-Late Game (20 minutes+)
By this time you should at least have a or and maybe even . After this build:
- After Rabadon's Deathcap you want to start your Lich Bane
- Followed by Zhonya's Hourglass
- And Finally Void Staff
- Elixir of Brilliance is great for more AP and cooldown reduction (CDR)
Personally, I don't build past the lv 1 boots it is very rare otherwise. Yes, this is dumb, but this is a guide for Pure AP and her maneuverability is pretty good already in team fights.
When I do build boots I either build Sorcerer's Shoes or Mercury's Treads.
BUILDING SITUATIONALLY AND ITEMS TO CONSIDER
I cannot stress this enough, if you find yourself being focused start building situationally. STOP AND FORGET ABOUT YOUR BUILD because you are not helping your team if you don't live through vital moments in a fight.
- If you find yourself being focused, rush your Zhonya's Hourglass.
- If you find yourself being hurt a lot by magic, build Abyssal Scepter.
- If you find yourself being stunned/snared a lot, consider Banshee's Veil or Mercury's Treads
- If you find yourself unable to do any damage to the enemy team, build magic penetration. Sorcerer's Shoes or Void Staff.
- If you find that there is a single enemy player that your team JUST CANT KILL >_< TOO MUCH HP >:O build Deathfire Grasp.
- Nashor's Tooth for increased attack speed in between spells. Personally, I only build this in dominion. Other people like it though.
Basic Sequence is Light Binding -> basic attack -> Lucent Singularity -> basic attack for harassment.
If they are low enough to kill Lucent Singularity -> basic attack -> Light Binding -> finales funkeln. (you may even be able to skip Lucent Singularity
Throw Lucent Singularity in between melee and caster minions. Caster minions should die with 1-2 basic attack+passive by level 5 so start by attacking those, then finish off the melee minions.
Team Work/Lane Phase
If your team composition doesn't consist of any melee dps or tanks, it will be hard to play as Lux. Lux truly does the best when there are at least 2 melee characters and another ranged carry to support. The melee with CC make your team composition solid, especially those that are aware and CC enemies targeting Lux.
Best team comp for Lux: Tanky melee/Melee dps/Ranged Carry/Lux/(annyone else really)
Lux works best when laning either mid, or with a melee teammate with another CC. Two squishies never work well together.
Personal favorite lane partners:
Use the above mentioned skill sequence. Usually, I snare the targeted enemy first, to allow my teammate to CC the enemy teammate again and capitalize. Don't forget Lucent Singularity can be used for sight.
Use Light Binding to initiate team fights and don't forget to use Prismatic Barrier.
You can use finales Funkeln at the beginning of a fight or at the end. If you have a 24 second cooldown on it, use it at the beginning; targeted at the most enemies you can because you may be able to use it to catch stragglers at the end also. Lux is a Ranged Hero; don't take unnecessary damage!!! Just sit back, relax, spam spells and BAM!
Throw Light Binding first and don't miss; if you do, and Flash is unavailable, you are most likely dead. Next throw Lucent Singularity on top of yourself or behind you to slow enemies and [[light binding when ready again.
Having to readjust
This is a pure AP guide for damage-support/AP carry Lux. Melt your enemies. Be wary of your position and always stay in the back. If played right, you will most likely have 20 stacks of Mejai's Soulstealer so CDR items are not necessary. Always get blue buff when possible and Elixir of Brilliance if you're rich enough.