Orianna Build Guide by Zanzig
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
VERY BRIEF Introduction
There has been a glitch and this section has been deleted...
What to Get
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Why to Get Them
- 9x Greater Mark of Magic Penetration:
Always, helps her to GO THROUGH allll that magic resist, the Sorcerer's Shoes will also help out.
- 9x Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power and 9x Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power:
- 3x Greater Quintessence of Ability Power:
Helps you Early game when you have little to NO AP because of level 1 AP per level runes.
Doran's Ring as your primary item gives you both mana regeneration and ability power.
If you have enough money for Sorcerer's Shoes get that instead.
This is where the health potions become less necessary for survival. The health and mana regeneration every time you level up removes the need.
If you do not have enough gold for the full item get Blasting Wand, then follow up by getting Needlessly Large Rod and finally the full item.
- Get WOTA first if you have trouble staying in lane, and no stability.
- Get RD first if you need more AP, and not worried about stability.
I recommend getting Will of the Ancients because it gives you extreme sustain.
- After you complete building one then buy the other item.
I have added this item because so many people agree that Sheen/Lich Bane is a great item on her. This does make sense due to her passive ( Clockwork Windup) and then Lich Bane's passive it does great amount of damage.
Lich Bane's passive gives Orianna's damage per attack more power. Make sure while in game to use ability, attack, use ability, attack ETC.
This is a good item to end with because it gives you more armor and allows you to escape major damage in a team fight (e.g. Crowstorm).
- Before Rod of Ages, the secondary item was Archangel's Staff. I still believe this is a better item [for me at least]. I am very good at escaping damage, using mana when it needs to be used, and when it does not need to be used ...conserving mana is my greatest talent.
- Archangel's allows a great combination with the mid-to-late game Rabadon's Deathcap.
- So to start get a Doran's Ring, then Sorcerer's Shoes], and then get [[Tear of the Goddess]. And then finishing it up with [[Archangel's Staff.
- Because you already have three items and no AP items a good idea is getting another Doran's Ring somewhere between Boots of Speed and the full Archangel's Staff. Gives you more mana regeneration and a bit of AP for more damage.
- Get rid of Zhoyna's Hourglass or Lich Bane depending if your opposing team is heavily AP or AD. (If it is a mixture leave in Zhoyna's because it has an ability that can dodge both AP and AD abilities.
- Your AP per level runes are necessary for this situation item.
More Magic Resist:
- If your team is heavily AP based and your enemies greater carry is AP based then Abyssal Scepter is a must. Lowers magic resist on the opposing team allowing for more damage on your team and gives you magic resist for more “tankyness.” Replaces Zhonya's Hourglass.
- If their team has heavy amounts of crowd control (e.g. stuns, taunts, fears, slows, etc) then Banshee's Veilis a great option. Gives you more Magic resist and will block the first spell in a team fight that you get hit with. That means you can dodge a fear, stun, or slow. Also replaces Zhonya's Hourglass.
Q ( Command: Attack), and W ( Command: Dissonance).
E ( Command: Protect) at level 4.
R (Ult - Command: Shockwave) whenever you can (6,11,16).
See the chart:
- Flash is obvious, gets you out when you need too and gets you in when you need too. No sexual puns intended. It is always better to WAIIIIIT then to pre-mature flash. If you can walk closer to the wall DO IT. It gives you more of a chance to pass the wall, and a farther distance over the wall allows for more time to escape.
- Ignite will SECURE that kill. Ignite is always better in one vs. one situations. It does damage to only one target so that makes sense. If you are soloing a AD carry that has Life Steal then using Ignite at the beginning of a fight is necessary. Ignite can also be used to kill a low-hp running champ.
If you play more of a passive game then you can replace Ignite with any of the following:
- Teleport is another Summoner Spell you may want to try out. This way you can back when you need to, for mana/items/health, and still be able to get back and miss little to NO experience points. This is also better then Clarity because normally Clarity will fall late game and be of no use. Teleport gets you to places extremely fast and allows you to go back to get mana if you want anyways.
- Another viable spell is Heal. Why heal? Because Orianna is a mid-range fighter. This means in a team fight she will be close enough to BOTH long range and melee fighters, therefore, using Heal in a team fight will heal everyone in its range. Heal also increases her ability to have the upper hand in a team fight. All of her abilities can do damage to multiple champions. Heal just gives that extra OOMF near the end of a huge team fight that can change a bad turnout to a positive ACE.
Remember to SAVE the Summoner Spells until you are SURE you can escape, or get a kill.
No accidents happen. It's only player skill with some fake lag calls.
Level 1: Command: Attack
Level 2: Command: Attack + Command: Dissonance
Level 3: Command: Attack + Command: Dissonance
Level 4: Command: Attack + Command: Dissonance + Command: Protect
NOTE: The W's slow, wherever the ball was when it was activated, will still be in that same spot. It does not "follow" the ball, it is stationary.
EXTENDED NOTE: The mana cost to use E should be a last resort for shielding or a certainty of akill.
Level 5: Command: Attack + Command: Dissonance + Command: Protect
Level 6: Command: Attack + Command: Dissonance + Command: Protect + Command: Shockwave
A Way to Engage: Command: Protect + Command: Shockwave
Explains the BEST and WORST lane match ups.
- He's JOKING how can XERATH be a good lane match-up? He stands still for his maximum damage output. He-STANDS-still. Three words. Your greatest advantage is on anyone who will not move because when your ball is sent it only does damage to people in its way or around it. A non-moving, stationary, target is what you want to face.
- He is just like Xerath. A bad Karthus will spam Q's over and over again. These are easily dodge-able if you know they are coming, and makes him stand still. When you see him about to cast his Q let him. Take the small damage and send your ball and for a bigger damage output. OBVIOUSLY do not do this if
Karthus, Teemo, Xerath, MOST AP carries, lol...
Ziggs, Ezreal, Caitlyn
A huge thank you to A Chubby Baby. He has helped me through the full process since the day i released my guide. I don't know what i could do without him ;,(.
Also thank you to jhoijhoi for the guide to helping me understand BBcode better.
Any questions should be commented below. A deserved rating would be great, and a +Rep while you are at it :D
More thanks to come!
Your Total Orianna Resource: Balls to You.
Upgraded for Season 3: "Make the Ticking Stop"
Orianna - Let's get ballzy - Season 3
Support Orianna - We Are As One