Vayne Build Guide by
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Isn't she lovely?
Hi Guys, I'm a Kind Melon. I'd like to start this Vayne guide off by saying a few things. This is my first guide/build on Mobafire, and I would appreciate it if you would like to take your time reading through this, as I love Vayne very much. I would also like to say that I have wanted Vayne ever since I started League of Legends. Her Lore attracted me, and so did her huge, big juicy Dps. So I bought her at around level 20.
What separates other peoples builds from mine are that I have the most Offensive Vayne build.
If you disagree, then please take your time to read through this guide, as I might be able to swing your thoughts.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
[center][color=#ffff00][b]Pros / Cons[/b][/color][/center]
Pros+ Best dps late game
+ Good Farm
+ Easy if played properly
+ Viable with dps items.
+ Very cool dance
+ Very sexy Skins.
- // Squishy
- // Often targeted
- // Not really viable overall
- // Lacks damage if you can't grab CS
- // Item reliant mid game
- // Bad Hair (Not really good hair, we'll my taste at least).
[*] greater mark of XXX:
[*] greater glyph of XXX:
[*] greater seal of XXX: // explain this choice
Why? I have a few reasons for my choices:
1. You will very hit very hard early game. A character with 4 bars of health at level 1 is dead meat to you. Don't be afraid to ["Tumble"] in for a harrass if you can get out.
2. Harrasing you will be alot harder, most times when I am harrased, I found out that I was delivering more damage than them when they initiated harrases.
3. The armor and magic resist gives a great bonus to your survival through early and mid game.
Late game, you still have great bonuses, which I still love about these masteries
Summoner Spells are a huge advantage throughout the game. And if you can choose the correct for Vayne. You will have a huge advantage over your enemies.
Okay, Time for abilities. Out of every character, After reviewing every ability on everyone. Vaynes is the most simple out of everyone.
- PASSIVE PASSIVE: Okay, Probably the best passive that I can think of for Vayne. Night hunter is great, every character in front of you that you see give you / / movement speed.
- ABILITY ONE ABILITY ONE (Q): Tumble is a short movement roll, great for last shotting minions, harrasing, escaping and maintaining distance for offence and defense.
- ABILITY TWO ABILITY TWO (E): Silver Bolts is probably my favourite ability in the whole game. It can swing teamfights from theirs to yours, and outweighs any other passive ability by far in my opinion. I honestly think the reason why Vayne is so great is because of the simplicity of this ability from 1-18, Pretty much a right click to win.
- ABILITY THREE ABILITY THREE (E): Condemn is Vayne's CC, and her escape ability. This is probably the trickiest ability to get used to with Vayne, but offensively and defensively this is the most powerful if your positioning is correct.
- ABILITY FOUR ABILITY FOUR (R): Final Hour, my favourite ultimate ability in the whole world ever. Always the ****** I create when I pop this and farm multiple champions, collecting piles of gold in my pocket. A pretty simple Ultimate to get used to, Just remember to pop BEFORE you tumble to get that sweet sweet invisibility.
(Video will be here soon, on explanations of abilities and how to use them)
[center][color=#ffff00][b]Ability Sequence Order[/b][/color][/center]
Pretty simple, Only thing I can really say is:
Remember to pop your ["Final Hour"] before you Tumble for the invisibility.
Position yourself close to the best escape route so you can quickly condemn and tumble if things get a bit to Rowdy.
This is what makes Vayne so easy to master.
Okay, So Vaynes Item choices.
This is where most of the time, I hide my head in shame when I see Vayne players.
In DPS She's pretty items wise. I see alot of people buying defensive items, like ["Quicksilver sash"] for their 4th, 5th or 6th item. I advise you now.
Please, If you are having trouble with CC, or look like you are going to have trouble with CC, pick cleanse! Late game wise, You really need that slot for something like ["Black Cleaver"] or ["Phantom Dancer"]
- Dorans Blade: // First item:
I used to take up boots and 3 pots, but I realise im lacking that deeps and extra bar of health im looking for.
- Beserkers Greaves: Second Item:
I don't really think any other boots would work with Vayne, unless you're thinking boots of swiftness, But I think the movement speed you aquire from your passive and ultimate is enough.
Feel free to use any other boots, but I reccomend these for the great synergy with ["Silver Bolts"]
: I get this after my Frozen mallet. It's a must, and has great synergy with your ["Phantom Dancer"]/'s/.
: The amount of times I've been called a noob is cute, but all I can do is accept the calls and just carry. This item AMAZING for two reasons.
: This is your offensive but also your defensive mechanism, hitting someone once then with ["condemn"] then using ["tumble"] gives you not only incredible distance away from the fight or the person chasing you, but also the stun that could come from condemn, or that slow which puts you up and away. If you don't think this item isn't what you think feels right, try another item I suggest below
Okay, so there are a few ways to get creeps up with Vayne. I will show you every way on this video below.
1. Vayne's ability ["Silver Bolts"] give extra damage on the third/last hit. I see many Vayne's play in this sense of style, as they farm the minions behind the few first minions and grab the cs in three hits. I don't usually tend to do this, but as I should say, play to your own sense of style, this is just a guide.
2. ["Tumble"] gives extra damage, and is a great way to last hit minions, I use this ability to close up the range from the minion to me.